Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love 10:07 - Aug 20 with 3495 viewsDylanP

A GOFUNDME page has been set up by Stan Bowles’ family, in conjunction with QPR, to provide Rangers fans — and the footballing public at large — with the chance to show their support for the legendary former footballer, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

http://www.gofundme.com/StanBowles/

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:47 - Aug 20 with 3447 viewsbaz_qpr

I've donated - Can we get Clive or the Admin to pin this link.

Personally I think it should be our duty as QPR fans to give a little, to make a true club legend as comfortable as we can in his remaining years
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:51 - Aug 20 with 3439 viewstimcocking

And although i obviously hope he (our Stanley) gets as much as possible, i thought it something of a p!sstake the club trying to sell retro Bowles shirts for nearly 40 quid when we can't even buy a hooped shirt this year. I wonder what cut of that 40 quid Stanley will get? It's probably just an attempt to boost this season's shirt sales, which are hopefully close to zero...
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 12:59 - Aug 20 with 3356 viewsNW10Hoop

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:51 - Aug 20 by timcocking

And although i obviously hope he (our Stanley) gets as much as possible, i thought it something of a p!sstake the club trying to sell retro Bowles shirts for nearly 40 quid when we can't even buy a hooped shirt this year. I wonder what cut of that 40 quid Stanley will get? It's probably just an attempt to boost this season's shirt sales, which are hopefully close to zero...

Hmmmm - I think QPR are generally pretty good these days with things like this. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that QPR are profiteering from a fundraising day.... Wouldn't any player who has a name on a shirt get a bit of a kick back anyways? And there's other fundraising associated with the day, and of course Air Asia have given up there place on the matchday shirt for the Alzheimer's Society - which all seems like a pretty good effort to me
[Post edited 20 Aug 2015 13:06]
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 13:10 - Aug 20 with 3343 views2Thomas2Bowles

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:51 - Aug 20 by timcocking

It's £20

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-superstore-stan-bowles-sale-2626809.aspx

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 3313 views2Thomas2Bowles

I first met Stan when Don Shanks took me over to Stan's house on my 15 birthday, still got the birthday card he gave me.

I use to play a bit for a local club called Rangers Fc, Stan and Don use to come and do a bit of training with the lads, they were both very encouraging and good fun.

They got me a trial at QPR and I played with the youth team for a couple of years, so was there in them wonderful seasons under Jago and Sexton

After Sexton left there was a big clear out, I went to Fulham *spit* for awhile then drifted out.

Both Stan and Don with good friends for a few years till I moved out of the bush.

Have donated a bit, not much as my heath is bad and been unable to work for awhile.

Never forget those days or Stan and Don, they were good to me.

Just hope he don't take it down the bookies LOL

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 13:50 - Aug 20 with 3283 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That's very harsh mate.
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 23:18 - Aug 20 with 3125 viewsDylanP

Wonderful memories of Stanley creating magic on the hallowed turf. What is your favorite memory?

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 09:36 - Aug 21 with 3012 viewsenfieldargh

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 23:18 - Aug 20 by DylanP

Wonderful memories of Stanley creating magic on the hallowed turf. What is your favorite memory?

Too many favourite memories of Stan but one that tickles me was away up at Ayresime Park in the late 70's

It's bloody cold, grey and windy, well it is Middlesbrough

We get a corner down in front of us. Stan jogs over to take it with a big grin on his face.. Put the ball down in place. Puts his foot on the ball, sticks a finger in his mouth and then holds his finger up in the air to get the wind direction!

Not entirely sure but think we scored from it! I know we didn't loose the game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 2969 views2Thomas2Bowles

Big Match DVD £5 All proceeds Stan Bowles fund

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-loftus-road-stan-bowles-superstore-sale-26

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:02 - Aug 21 with 2956 views18StoneOfHoop

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 09:36 - Aug 21 by enfieldargh

Too many favourite memories of Stan but one that tickles me was away up at Ayresime Park in the late 70's

It's bloody cold, grey and windy, well it is Middlesbrough

We get a corner down in front of us. Stan jogs over to take it with a big grin on his face.. Put the ball down in place. Puts his foot on the ball, sticks a finger in his mouth and then holds his finger up in the air to get the wind direction!

Not entirely sure but think we scored from it! I know we didn't loose the game

The same game that he tested the wind away at Boro 16th September 1978 won 2-0 scorers Eastoe and Harkouk in front of 12,822

[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 11:06]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 15:55 - Aug 21 with 2870 viewspaulparker

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 11:02 - Aug 21 by 18StoneOfHoop

The same game that he tested the wind away at Boro 16th September 1978 won 2-0 scorers Eastoe and Harkouk in front of 12,822

[Post edited 21 Aug 2015 11:06]

Looking at that photo got me thinking that Addidas never did a bad Rangers Shirt did they ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 19:06 - Aug 21 with 2790 viewsdeanomk

for me Stan was the english george best great player.
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 20:46 - Aug 21 with 2738 viewsenfieldargh

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/history-nostalgia/sunderland-0-qpr-3-frayed-temper

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 20:48 - Aug 21 with 2733 viewsslranger40

Stanleeeey, Stanleeeey, Stanleeeeey............
Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 21:02 - Aug 21 with 2719 viewsStanisgod

I just hope we can put up a good show for the great man

I'm so excited I could crush a grape

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 05:08 - Aug 22 with 2642 viewsDylanP

On of my favorite memories is that he was going to take a corner and he stopped to chat with a fan. The whole ground is watch as he starts to look at this blokes newspaper and chats like nothing is going on. Then a minute later its "see ya mate" and on with the game!

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 05:21 - Aug 22 with 2633 viewsDylanP

So Shanks is going to be at the game tomorrow. What a bloke. I loved that guy. A 1970s Mackie in defense with a beard and short shorts! Brilliant bloke.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-stan-bowles-day-loftus-road-don-shanks-262
[Post edited 22 Aug 2015 16:56]

Stan Bowles Day is Coming - Time to Show the Maestro Some Love on 06:45 - Aug 22 with 2617 viewsPetros

Surreally, I played Sunday morning football against SB a couple of times against, I think, Acton Gas? There must be some former teammates of his out there? He tried to nutmeg me once. I was too slow-witted to fall for it. He called me a jammy cn t , in the friendliest way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024