Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf - bring him home 11:22 - Sep 27 with 4454 viewsDafyddHuw

He's not doing it at the Etihad - we know he can do it here. We could play him & Gomis together - no need for one or the other - although that's another option. Would strike the fear od God into opposing defences. Would he swap the inevitable drop in salary though for starting every Saturday? He's already said that he regrets leaving us.

The most disappointing aspect of our mini "goal drought" is the fact that Gylfi, Ki and Jonjo aren't stepping up to at least have a pop. Ayew's already got a couple. Don't think Eder's our alternative answer.

Discuss.
Wilf - bring him home on 11:24 - Sep 27 with 3708 viewsLeonisGod

The only time I've seen gomis & wolf together they were poor. Not room for both imo. Irrelevant though - bet we couldn't afford him now/he wouldn't want to come back/city wouldn't let him go.
Wilf - bring him home on 12:51 - Sep 27 with 3574 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wilf - bring him home on 11:24 - Sep 27 by LeonisGod

The only time I've seen gomis & wolf together they were poor. Not room for both imo. Irrelevant though - bet we couldn't afford him now/he wouldn't want to come back/city wouldn't let him go.

We can't play two up front. It has rarely worked. As much as I like Bafi I think we would have had a better game yesterday with Wilf up front. He is better at holding the ball up and would have created some opportunities for our pedestrian midfield to overlap. I can think of other circumstances where Bafi is the better option though. Particularly at home when our emphasis is on attack.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wilf - bring him home on 13:07 - Sep 27 with 3550 viewshobo

Slap £20m on the table. £5m profit, with Wilf back leading the line
Wilf - bring him home on 13:09 - Sep 27 with 3543 viewsdgt73

This thread is another example of people having a mental breakdown as the result of a few bad performances. Get - a - grip, ffs.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Wilf - bring him home on 13:15 - Sep 27 with 3530 viewsThornburyswan

Tend to agree some are a tad paranoid but I do think we need another striker but not another version of Bony/Gomis/Eder more of a pacy, play off the shoulder striker so we have a different option - the challenge is finding one we can afford.
Wilf - bring him home on 16:02 - Sep 27 with 3344 viewsSwaneeRiver

On MOTD yesterday. I could have sworn I saw Shelvey and Ki both having at least one decent pop each.
Also seem to remember Gylfi being unlucky against Sunderland with a couple of efforts.
Overall, we need to see more goals coming from other quarters and we have plenty of talent in the current squad.
Would I have Wilf back ? Absolutely.
I can see him doing a return in the January window, or next summer at the latest, as I don't feel it is working for him at Man City
Wilf - bring him home on 16:06 - Sep 27 with 3332 viewsbuilthjack

Get Wilf back in January, on loan for the rest of the season, ship Bafe out for 7m. Job done.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wilf - bring him home on 18:15 - Sep 27 with 3196 viewsmonmouth

Wilf - bring him home on 13:09 - Sep 27 by dgt73

This thread is another example of people having a mental breakdown as the result of a few bad performances. Get - a - grip, ffs.

Good lord. I agree with you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Wilf - bring him home on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 3023 viewsHuw57

Delusional.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Wilf - bring him home on 21:29 - Sep 27 with 3003 viewsmonmouth

Wilf - bring him home on 21:23 - Sep 27 by Huw57

Delusional.

Ah, that explains it. I wondered why he wasn't even getting on the bench.

Wilf - bring him home on 22:27 - Sep 27 with 2933 viewsmorningstar

Am i missing something here? Where has Wilf stated he regrets leaving us?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Wilf - bring him home on 23:15 - Sep 27 with 2881 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf - bring him home on 22:27 - Sep 27 by morningstar

Am i missing something here? Where has Wilf stated he regrets leaving us?

I was about to ask the same thing

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wilf - bring him home on 23:43 - Sep 27 with 2845 viewsGlyn1

Are we really in a slump - how many points did we get in the equivalent 7 matches last season? (Substituting one of the relegated sides for Watford.)

Wilf has moved on and so should we.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Wilf - bring him home on 01:39 - Sep 28 with 2809 viewsAJ101

Wilf - bring him home on 23:43 - Sep 27 by Glyn1

Are we really in a slump - how many points did we get in the equivalent 7 matches last season? (Substituting one of the relegated sides for Watford.)

City aren't going to let him go in January they only have him and Aguero as genuine strikers.
Wilf - bring him home on 01:53 - Sep 28 with 2798 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I doubt we could afford to pay him

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/wilfried-bony-20000-extra-salary

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Wilf - bring him home on 07:55 - Sep 28 with 2702 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wilf - bring him home on 01:53 - Sep 28 by NeiltheTaylor

I doubt we could afford to pay him

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/wilfried-bony-20000-extra-salary

Well he may be getting the reported £100k salary each week, which I reckon he'd take a cut in to boost his career again.
As for the £20k per game, he's not seeing much of that at the moment is he ?
Anyone that wouldn't take Wilf back in a heartbeat needs to watch some of his games and goals over the 18 months he was with us
Wilf - bring him home on 08:14 - Sep 28 with 2680 viewsPhil_S

Wilf - bring him home on 23:43 - Sep 27 by Glyn1

Chelsea A - Lost, 1 point up
Newcastle H - Drew, 2 Points up
Sunderland A - Drew, 0 points up
Man Utd H - Won, 0 points up
Watford A (equivalent of Burnley A) Won, 3 points down
Everton H, Drew, 0 points up
Southampton A, Won, 3 points down

Difference on equivalent 7 fixtures - 2 points down

Looking at the next few

Spurs H - Lost
Stoke H - Won
Aston Villa A - Won
Arsenal H - Won
Wilf - bring him home on 08:45 - Sep 28 with 2654 viewsjack247

This isn't Championship Manager guys.

I would imagine the vast majority on here would welcome him back with open arms, he isn't going to come though.
Wilf - bring him home on 08:45 - Sep 28 with 2653 viewsJackSomething

Wilf - bring him home on 07:55 - Sep 28 by SwaneeRiver

Well he may be getting the reported £100k salary each week, which I reckon he'd take a cut in to boost his career again.
As for the £20k per game, he's not seeing much of that at the moment is he ?
Anyone that wouldn't take Wilf back in a heartbeat needs to watch some of his games and goals over the 18 months he was with us

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want Wilf back, it's more that it's not going to happen, so why waste time discussing it?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wilf - bring him home on 10:19 - Sep 28 with 2593 viewsmonmouth

Wilf - bring him home on 08:14 - Sep 28 by Phil_S

Chelsea A - Lost, 1 point up
Newcastle H - Drew, 2 Points up
Sunderland A - Drew, 0 points up
Man Utd H - Won, 0 points up
Watford A (equivalent of Burnley A) Won, 3 points down
Everton H, Drew, 0 points up
Southampton A, Won, 3 points down

Difference on equivalent 7 fixtures - 2 points down

Looking at the next few

Spurs H - Lost
Stoke H - Won
Aston Villa A - Won
Arsenal H - Won

Ok, young Sumbler, maybe you weren't paying attention in the last class so I'll go through it again slowly.

1+2=3
3-3=0
0-3= -3

So total difference three points down.

(This is where I hope to Christ I've understood what's going on)

Wilf - bring him home on 10:29 - Sep 28 with 2578 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wilf - bring him home on 08:45 - Sep 28 by JackSomething

I don't think there's anyone who wouldn't want Wilf back, it's more that it's not going to happen, so why waste time discussing it?

The purpose of a forum is for people to discuss anything, whether they are fanciful or realistic. If you feel it's a waste of time, don't partake.
Simples !
Wilf - bring him home on 10:42 - Sep 28 with 2557 viewsJackSomething

Wilf - bring him home on 10:29 - Sep 28 by SwaneeRiver

The purpose of a forum is for people to discuss anything, whether they are fanciful or realistic. If you feel it's a waste of time, don't partake.
Simples !

Calm down dear. I was simply pointing out that no-one is downplaying Bony's ability or performances for us. Harking for him to come back here seems pointless when it's not going to happen.

If you want to discuss the hypothetical scenario, then feel free, I'm not knocking you for it. You just seemed to think that we don't rate him and I pointed out that no-one had said that.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wilf - bring him home on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 2540 viewsmorningstar

Wilf - bring him home on 23:15 - Sep 27 by SwansNZ

I was about to ask the same thing

Looks like another notorious case of Wilf's ex cleaners husbands's friends son who's sister was mates with a girl who knows Dafydd's maths teacher?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Wilf - bring him home on 12:44 - Sep 28 with 2469 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf - bring him home on 10:50 - Sep 28 by morningstar

Looks like another notorious case of Wilf's ex cleaners husbands's friends son who's sister was mates with a girl who knows Dafydd's maths teacher?

Yes, well, Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he regrets not signing for the Swans, so I think Huw should make his dreams come true.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wilf - bring him home on 07:50 - Sep 29 with 2277 viewsSwaneeRiver

Wilf - bring him home on 10:42 - Sep 28 by JackSomething

Calm down dear. I was simply pointing out that no-one is downplaying Bony's ability or performances for us. Harking for him to come back here seems pointless when it's not going to happen.

If you want to discuss the hypothetical scenario, then feel free, I'm not knocking you for it. You just seemed to think that we don't rate him and I pointed out that no-one had said that.

I appreciate that bar a few lumpheads, we are all in agreement that Wilf was fantastic for us.
I can just see a repeat of the Alan Curtis / Leon Britton situation, where a move doesn't work out and the player comes back to his spiritual home to pick up where he left off.
A guy can dream can't he ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024