Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread 18:51 - Nov 20 with 25539 viewsPhil_S

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 21 with 1144 viewsbuilthjack

Monk did well last season, but he has totally changed our playing style, we are boring to watch, lack bite, penetration, and heart. He was almost useless in his transfer acquisitions in the summer, has now got players on huge wages on the payroll who shouldn't be there, and his team selections are farcical. He is out of his depth. Excuse after excuse in his after match press statements. He either goes now or we get relegated. A few of his coaching team need their P45s too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 11:15 - Nov 22 with 993 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 21:26 - Nov 21 by builthjack

Monk did well last season, but he has totally changed our playing style, we are boring to watch, lack bite, penetration, and heart. He was almost useless in his transfer acquisitions in the summer, has now got players on huge wages on the payroll who shouldn't be there, and his team selections are farcical. He is out of his depth. Excuse after excuse in his after match press statements. He either goes now or we get relegated. A few of his coaching team need their P45s too.

I agree with all of that but would offer a word of caution. I watched Aston Villa get obliterated by Everton last night ( I hope Bafe watched it and witnessed Lukaku's movement and positioning in and around the box. That's what you do Bafe - anticipate where the ball will be and get there!).

They were, and are in a much worse situation than us - so far. Their solution? - get rid of their beleaguered manager and bring in a fresh face to instilling new vim and energy to their players and transform them into a slick winning unit. Er - it hasn't quite worked has it? Remi Garde looked gaunt and worried on the touchline - a bit like.......Tim Sherwood.

My point is that changing the manager is not a guarantee of change of fortune - a manager with the right experience - yes. But Villa needed somebody more equipped to deal with their dire situation than Garde - an Allardyce or Pulis at the very least. So do we.

I've always thought that the effect of a manager on a team was exaggerated. After all they don't kick a ball or make tackle. However I think the Swans at present illustrate the important effect a wise experienced manager can have. We have good players not performing anywhere near their potential. The missing element must be the steady hand on the tiller.

I think the decision to replace Monk looks fairly inevitable. In the circumstances in which we find ourselves, it will be the most important decision this club has ever made. I pray we get it right.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 11:21 - Nov 22 with 981 viewstomdickharry

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 11:15 - Nov 22 by jackrabbit

I agree with all of that but would offer a word of caution. I watched Aston Villa get obliterated by Everton last night ( I hope Bafe watched it and witnessed Lukaku's movement and positioning in and around the box. That's what you do Bafe - anticipate where the ball will be and get there!).

They were, and are in a much worse situation than us - so far. Their solution? - get rid of their beleaguered manager and bring in a fresh face to instilling new vim and energy to their players and transform them into a slick winning unit. Er - it hasn't quite worked has it? Remi Garde looked gaunt and worried on the touchline - a bit like.......Tim Sherwood.

My point is that changing the manager is not a guarantee of change of fortune - a manager with the right experience - yes. But Villa needed somebody more equipped to deal with their dire situation than Garde - an Allardyce or Pulis at the very least. So do we.

I've always thought that the effect of a manager on a team was exaggerated. After all they don't kick a ball or make tackle. However I think the Swans at present illustrate the important effect a wise experienced manager can have. We have good players not performing anywhere near their potential. The missing element must be the steady hand on the tiller.

I think the decision to replace Monk looks fairly inevitable. In the circumstances in which we find ourselves, it will be the most important decision this club has ever made. I pray we get it right.

Excellent post,big problem the board have is that there is a string of very difficult games to come and even a new man may struggle to get it right,however,we have some terrific players who for some reason/s best known inside the club are just not performing. Perhaps the defining moment will be next week at Liverpool where on current form we will be like lambs to the slaughter.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024