Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread 18:51 - Nov 20 with 25618 viewsPhil_S

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:30 - Nov 21 with 1888 viewsHuw57

People need to get their heads in line before talking, sometimes.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:32 - Nov 21 with 1874 viewslovejuicejack

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:30 - Nov 21 by Huw57

People need to get their heads in line before talking, sometimes.

Sort it out please Jenkins mush
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:32 - Nov 21 with 1867 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Some of our big headed players would consider him not big enough a name though Lis
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 18:49]

Well then they know what they can do.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:41 - Nov 21 with 1782 viewsDr_Winston

Leon's game has been on the decline for two years. Reverting back to him was an act of panic. Much like Rangel he's handy to have around but shouldn't be starting games unless we're struggling for numbers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 21 with 1754 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:41 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Leon's game has been on the decline for two years. Reverting back to him was an act of panic. Much like Rangel he's handy to have around but shouldn't be starting games unless we're struggling for numbers.

So what does that say for playing Ki then?
Leon was twice the player today.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 1731 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:44 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

So what does that say for playing Ki then?
Leon was twice the player today.

They were both well off the pace and chasing shadows.

Cork should have been in there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:52 - Nov 21 with 1684 viewsRockAndBaconRoll

Awful performance, strange team selection, a team clearly devoid of confidence, a manager lacking in any ideas that work.

It doesn't look like the players are playing for their manager, who was put in a difficult situation to start with - player one minute, manager the next - coaching badges are not enough.

Pains me to say it, but GM needs to be relieved of his duties (but ideally kept at the club).

Some players need to buck up their ideas, and a new manager needs to add some quality. A new striker at the very least.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:57 - Nov 21 with 1624 viewsAnotherJohn

Just got back home and feeling rather gloomy. We made a team who are odds-on for relegation look good. The only positive was the first half fightback, which however we were unable to sustain after the break. I felt we benefited from a fortunate penalty.

I was looking again at the stats from the 1982/83 relegation season. We started with two wins and draw and were 14th at the end of November. I'd say we are right in the frame now, and that Huw has a big decision to make. Personally I'd make next week the last chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 17:58 - Nov 21 with 1623 viewsCooperman

This can be summed up quite simply. When we play with tempo like we did between the 25th and 40th minute then we can beat anyone. Whereas when we are static and ball watching as per the rest of the game then we will continually get picked off. The first 20 mins were staggering.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 21 with 1584 viewsCooperman

And Liverpool up next who are doing to Man C what Bournemouth did to us.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:07 - Nov 21 with 1556 viewsIslander

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 21 by Cooperman

beat me to it

oh for that energy, high tempo, high pressing commitment

management is a fine art
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:10 - Nov 21 with 1535 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:03 - Nov 21 by Cooperman

Only more so.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 21 with 1501 viewsJack_Kass

Before today my opinion was that there at least 3 teams worse than us in this league

Well s**t, after today you can put Bournemouth above us. I think we're going to be in a mini league with Villa, Sunderland, and Norwich

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 21 with 1476 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 21 by Jack_Kass

Before today my opinion was that there at least 3 teams worse than us in this league

Well s**t, after today you can put Bournemouth above us. I think we're going to be in a mini league with Villa, Sunderland, and Norwich

Even Norwich play better football than us, but maybe Newcastle are worse.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:23 - Nov 21 with 1446 viewslidojack

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 21 by Jack_Kass

To be fair if Bournemouth can't beat us when we play like that they've got a struggle on to find another 31 points.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:24 - Nov 21 with 1437 viewsperchrockjack

was brought in to take over from Britton but now seems not good enough which makes you wonder why buy him.

Worst of all is the fact we have no real cover for under performing players and we ve been rumbled.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:25 - Nov 21 with 1433 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:24 - Nov 21 by perchrockjack

was brought in to take over from Britton but now seems not good enough which makes you wonder why buy him.

Worst of all is the fact we have no real cover for under performing players and we ve been rumbled.

Talking about Cork?
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 21 with 1393 viewsperchrockjack

YEP

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:53 - Nov 21 with 1305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 21 by perchrockjack

YEP

Cork has been greatly wronged in my opinion. Makes one mistake and gets crooked, whilst others seem to have immunity

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 1290 viewsairedale

Makes me worry about next weekend, not only because of the way L'pool are playing at the mo, but also about how we played today being transferred to Anfield. If we play like we have been recently I reckon we'll get well beaten.

Also, I was wondering whether Ayew, great player that he is, suits our team.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 19:01 - Nov 21 with 1273 viewsmidswan

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 18:56 - Nov 21 by airedale

Makes me worry about next weekend, not only because of the way L'pool are playing at the mo, but also about how we played today being transferred to Anfield. If we play like we have been recently I reckon we'll get well beaten.

Also, I was wondering whether Ayew, great player that he is, suits our team.

been mentioned a few times, obviously a good player,but seems to be almost shoehorned in anywhere just to play him. Does he fit the 'Swansea way' ? Not convinced and i reckon a bit off " yea, lets have him" went on rather than thinking if he fits the team and the team fits him.Anyways,could be a mute point come Jan.
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 19:50 - Nov 21 with 1164 viewsJohnw102

Just got home from the game, there just does not seem to be the spirit in the team, only player that looked any good today was GS when he came on. Mid field was non-existent see people are blaming Bartley for the first goal, but he was having to cover Naughton who had once again gone walkabout and lost the ball, to my mind he is a poor full back who brings nothing to the side. Ki looked tired and jet lagged. We are so lucky to have got away with a point today. Think we will be safe at the end of the season because there are at least 3 teams worse than us in the league. Six more games left this year and think we will do well to get 5 points from them, which will take us to 19 point after the first half of the season, almost halfway to the magic 40 and that must now be our aim, so important to survive in the league for next season. Keep the faith, also keep Garry avoid a knee jerk sacking, he has not suddenly become a bad manager overnight, the international breaks have been sh1t for us.

COYS

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 19:53 - Nov 21 with 1158 viewseverytimeref

Back home and just starting to thaw out but still not sure what to make of that "performance".

Players clearly lacking confidence and terrified of making a mistake. Bournemouth will be wondering how they didn't win that game. They were first to every ball from the first minute and looked stronger and faster than us. They knew their roles and looked more organised. I think the search for different ways of playing has left our players unsure of their roles and that just makes things worse when confidence is low.

The changes to the team made no positive difference. Perhaps that will explode the theory that this is our strongest ever squad.

They seemed to have more players in central midfield all the time and King caused havoc every time he ran at the defence. Ash looks completely out of sorts and almost tripped over his own feet a few times. He hasn't looked right since the Stoke game.

Fabianski isn't claiming crosses like he was and that is making the back four more anxious too.

Shelvey had all the movement of Jan Molby in his Swans days. Although it is heresy to suggest it Leon's days as a starting player are over. I know he hasn't played much but the game completely passed him by.

Ki looked half asleep and ball watching for most of the game and after all the travelling probably shouldn't have played.

Eder offered little, if we were still playing now he still wouldn't have won anything in the air. At least we know now why Gomis was continually picked despite being off form. I also have to question Monk's thinking on this one today. Given the circumstances if ever there was a game when Gomis was going to bust a gut then surely today was it.

Ayew was our one goal threat but the problem is that when he plays on one wing then he drifts in and we lack width and look unbalanced as a result.

The fight back suggests Monk hasn't lost the dressing room but I think he has lost the fans (or a growing number at least) as evidenced by the boos at 0-2 and at the end.

It was one of those days were all the deflections seemed to drop to one of their players and there was an element of that about their first goal ( despite Bartley's error). I suppose that is partly what happens when you're on a bad run but it was also that they were better organised and hungrier.

Overall like everyone else I miss the movement and tempo we used to have. I hope we can turn it around soon but at the moment I just hope there are 3 worse teams over the course of the season.

Sorry for the long post, I know it's not anything that probably hasn't already said numerous times over the last couple of months but just my take on today.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 20:01]
Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 20:03 - Nov 21 with 1138 viewsjojaca

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 16:45 - Nov 21 by Gh0st

A typical play for us now is..

SIDE PASS
SIDE PASS
BACK PASS
SIDE PASS
BACK PASS
HOOOOOF!

Spot on assessment

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 1130 viewsicecoldjack

Swansea City v Bournemouth - Official Match Thread on 19:53 - Nov 21 by everytimeref

Back home and just starting to thaw out but still not sure what to make of that "performance".

Players clearly lacking confidence and terrified of making a mistake. Bournemouth will be wondering how they didn't win that game. They were first to every ball from the first minute and looked stronger and faster than us. They knew their roles and looked more organised. I think the search for different ways of playing has left our players unsure of their roles and that just makes things worse when confidence is low.

The changes to the team made no positive difference. Perhaps that will explode the theory that this is our strongest ever squad.

They seemed to have more players in central midfield all the time and King caused havoc every time he ran at the defence. Ash looks completely out of sorts and almost tripped over his own feet a few times. He hasn't looked right since the Stoke game.

Fabianski isn't claiming crosses like he was and that is making the back four more anxious too.

Shelvey had all the movement of Jan Molby in his Swans days. Although it is heresy to suggest it Leon's days as a starting player are over. I know he hasn't played much but the game completely passed him by.

Ki looked half asleep and ball watching for most of the game and after all the travelling probably shouldn't have played.

Eder offered little, if we were still playing now he still wouldn't have won anything in the air. At least we know now why Gomis was continually picked despite being off form. I also have to question Monk's thinking on this one today. Given the circumstances if ever there was a game when Gomis was going to bust a gut then surely today was it.

Ayew was our one goal threat but the problem is that when he plays on one wing then he drifts in and we lack width and look unbalanced as a result.

The fight back suggests Monk hasn't lost the dressing room but I think he has lost the fans (or a growing number at least) as evidenced by the boos at 0-2 and at the end.

It was one of those days were all the deflections seemed to drop to one of their players and there was an element of that about their first goal ( despite Bartley's error). I suppose that is partly what happens when you're on a bad run but it was also that they were better organised and hungrier.

Overall like everyone else I miss the movement and tempo we used to have. I hope we can turn it around soon but at the moment I just hope there are 3 worse teams over the course of the season.

Sorry for the long post, I know it's not anything that probably hasn't already said numerous times over the last couple of months but just my take on today.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 20:01]

Spot on post .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024