Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games 14:13 - Dec 10 with 9520 viewsNDGN82

We have been in need of signing a proper striker/goalscorer since Scott Hogan's departure in July 2014. Why does KH refuse to sign one?! Yes Matty Done worked but by chance

We are financially better off than we have been for a number of years - receiving over £300k in relation to Craig Dawson in July of this year, being one of the latest windfalls. What KH fails to realise is that if you don't put the ball in the net, you don't win games, people don't enjoy going to games and as a result the crowds dwindle - this costs the club money! Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate! Spend £100k-£150k on a young forward who can't quite get in at a Championship club, pay them a couple of grand a week if needs be. The extra excitement/buzz around the place when he scores a few goals will increase the revenue brought into the club, then knowing us, we'd be able to sell him 12 months down the line for at least double what we've paid. Nothing lost, everything gained!!

It becomes very frustrating when KH refuses to sign anyone on loan (barring the keeper) and then when he does he signs yet another attacking midfielder in o'sullivan! What's the point of having 11 attacking midfielders (including strikers coverted to attacking midfielders - i.e. Joe Bunney) at the club but no one to stick the ball in the onion bag?!

Calvin Andrew to be fair has done all that is being asked of him on the pitch - he's holding the ball up, he's winning the headers but there is no-one playing off him for the majority of the game. If big Calvin is to continue up front he separately needs someone (a pocher of the Alfie nature) alongside him.

Even if KH is desparate NOT to sign a striker, what's wrong with sticking Bell, or the big French lad on for 20 minutes to give them a chance. We're not scoring anyhow so what would be lost?! The fact he may not like how they train or that they are not as fit as Matty Done (who is a freak of nature running around at 100mph for 90 mins) - who cares! We could have a gem on our hands that is shit in training but puts the ball in the net everytime he gets on the pitch - yet we're missing out on seeing that kind of talent through sheer stubbornness by the looks of things.

Just feel like i'm throwing my £20+ down the grid everytime I go to a game. Would be nice to get that buzz that we all had when we signed Paul Connor back in the day, and who knows we might end up with a play off push (more money) or at least keep us out of a relegation scrap which could yet happen!

Rant over!
Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 22:32 - Dec 10 with 1844 views49thseason

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 18:25 - Dec 10 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm not having that re target men and goals. We're not expecting an Ageuro ratio. He is good in the air and has shown, albeit not often enough, that he can convert crosses with his head. However, far too often his positional sense and timing means he very rarely gets the opportunity. The amount of time he watches crosses coming in from 10 yards out is ridiculous. He is powerful but you never see him bustle his way into the box. There is some pace there but you never see him leave a centre half for dead and despatch a shot at goal.
To play in that area of the pitch and to have what is essentially a 1 in 20 game goal ratio shows that he has diabolical deficiencies in his game. To say he is one dimensional is an understatement. In addition, both Allen and Hendo suffer from our propensity to go long when he plays.
He's a fookin centre half and to even suggest we should construct a forward line around him is stark raving mad.

I agree with most of that. CA also plays with his back to goal in the centre of the pitch too much. He does it because he is expected to lay the ball back into midfield but from a defenders perspective, it's far too easy to defend as they know he won't be turning them. I think he has benefited from lower trajectory distribution from Fidel than he got from Lillis which stops defenders jumping over the top of him but now there is no one to get on the end of his flick-ons as there is nobody close enough to him or running past him.
Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 22:35 - Dec 10 with 1843 viewszxcvbnm

I'm not sure it's a striker we need maybe a pact winger - Hogan had pace, replaced with done who also had pace. Howarth and brandy were tried as the pace replacements and failed now we have nml who could work out. I think there's a little too much predictability with the current forwards/wingers

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 22:40 - Dec 10 with 1833 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 18:53 - Dec 10 by NDGN82

Calm down Big Dave!! We all know Calvin is not the answer but neither is KH sticking him up front on his tod and having players lumping balls up to him!

Agree 100% that his positional sense for a striker is shocking. If you read the original post it was all about us needing a new striker and spending some dough maybe. Just think Andrew is given some unwarranted stick - at the end of the day KH keeps picking him so the buck stops with him.

Best case scenario, we buy a decent striker!

Am I taking crazy pills or something - he's, I'm really sorry to say it, not very good.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 09:59 - Dec 11 with 1618 viewsmidlandsdale

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 22:40 - Dec 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Am I taking crazy pills or something - he's, I'm really sorry to say it, not very good.

Or we actually give the one we have a chance of playing! This is the issue for me. Tries every combination bar the obvious one, play Lewis for a month and see how he gets on.
Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 12:22 - Dec 11 with 1523 viewsParkinsGimp

Perhaps spending money on a striker might reduce the 10% profit margin on a re-sale.
I think the long term plan is keep signing enough s"1te that eventually one will be good enough. So far we are struggling. But maybe soon he will pick up a jaded player and we get lucky again.
Then we can sell him on asap and reap a profit.
Nice little earner.
Dont get too big for our boots, we are a League two team really you know. Lets not push the boat .
Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:11 - Dec 11 with 1468 viewssweetcorn

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 15:21 - Dec 10 by NDGN82

He's certainly not excluded from goalscoring responsibilities but realistically he's never going to score a hat full of goals and KH knows this, in which case, if we're going to play him then we need to play someone with him! It's very rare you get a target man that can score goals aswell as win in the air and hold the ball up. Grant Holt is a bit of an exception to the rule and that's why he's played at a higher lever for the last 10 years.

Give me another Grant Holt any day (or even the real Grant Holt back on loan - he doesn't seem to be getting 5 mins from the bench on loan at Wolves)!!

You're talking about strikers like we're still in the age of football where you'd play two strikers (one a huge lump, the other a goalscrorer) and hope they together would get goals. The striker role has changed immensly since then and a much more all round game is expected with the preference to play one up top.

Calvin unfortunately falls into the lump category and for me, isnt good enough to lead our line week in week out. We need a striker desperately. Anyone know what happened to that lad we once had chris o'grady, he was half decent.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:13 - Dec 11 with 1465 viewsdingdangblue

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:11 - Dec 11 by sweetcorn

You're talking about strikers like we're still in the age of football where you'd play two strikers (one a huge lump, the other a goalscrorer) and hope they together would get goals. The striker role has changed immensly since then and a much more all round game is expected with the preference to play one up top.

Calvin unfortunately falls into the lump category and for me, isnt good enough to lead our line week in week out. We need a striker desperately. Anyone know what happened to that lad we once had chris o'grady, he was half decent.

He's playing and scoring for Nottingham Forest in the Championship.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:17 - Dec 11 with 1454 viewssweetcorn

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:13 - Dec 11 by dingdangblue

He's playing and scoring for Nottingham Forest in the Championship.

Oh ffs you took me seriously. This explains why you think calvin is good

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Login to get fewer ads

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 14:13 - Dec 11 with 1388 viewsTVOS1907

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 12:22 - Dec 11 by ParkinsGimp

Perhaps spending money on a striker might reduce the 10% profit margin on a re-sale.
I think the long term plan is keep signing enough s"1te that eventually one will be good enough. So far we are struggling. But maybe soon he will pick up a jaded player and we get lucky again.
Then we can sell him on asap and reap a profit.
Nice little earner.
Dont get too big for our boots, we are a League two team really you know. Lets not push the boat .

Is it 10am on Monday?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 14:28 - Dec 11 with 1371 viewsdingdangblue

Striker needed! No goals in 7 of last 12 games on 13:17 - Dec 11 by sweetcorn

Oh ffs you took me seriously. This explains why you think calvin is good

I dont see your point? O'Grady was playing seriously below his standard when he played for us - Hill did a great job of turning him into the player he should have been anyway. These players dont just come along every season - especially when we have no budget to pay fees + wages. We are what we are and Hill does an incredible job to get us even competing at this level.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024