Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M 09:09 - Jan 18 with 4053 viewsVetchfieldpasty

£8.5M.........Phuck that!!!

Ronaldo he aint!!!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 9:11]
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:10 - Jan 18 with 3232 viewsjojaca

Especially at 29.

Even when you know, you never know?

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:11 - Jan 18 with 3221 viewsPegojack

I couldn't understand the frenzy on here about him.

As many have said, a hard working player but nothing special in my eyes. Norwich have overpaid massively there for a 29 year old journeyman pro.

The Jock mafia.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:14 - Jan 18 with 3198 viewsVetchfieldpasty

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:11 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

As many have said, a hard working player but nothing special in my eyes. Norwich have overpaid massively there for a 29 year old journeyman pro.

The Jock mafia.

Totally agree, at best a supporting attacking Midfielder (a No. 10) and God knows we've got enough of them.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:14 - Jan 18 with 3198 viewsSwaneeRiver

If he scores 10 - 15 goals and keeps them up he'll be worth it. After taking a pasting from one of their relegation rivals they appear to have taken immediate action to remedy things and give them a boost.
Let's hope if we lose to relegation rivals we also take positive action to sign a player or two ... oh
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:15 - Jan 18 with 3181 viewsVetchfieldpasty

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:14 - Jan 18 by SwaneeRiver

If he scores 10 - 15 goals and keeps them up he'll be worth it. After taking a pasting from one of their relegation rivals they appear to have taken immediate action to remedy things and give them a boost.
Let's hope if we lose to relegation rivals we also take positive action to sign a player or two ... oh

10-15 goals?? thats almost one a game for the rest of the season......see the previous comment Ronaldo he aint
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 3101 viewsJango

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:14 - Jan 18 by SwaneeRiver

He's scored 18 goals in around 110 games for Everton. I can't u der stand why everyone seems to think he's a goal machine. Good player tho
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:35 - Jan 18 with 3070 viewsraynor94

He's scored 18 goals in 103 games, a bit of perspective please , Everton laughing all the way to the bank

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:45 - Jan 18 with 3005 viewsSwaneeRiver

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:35 - Jan 18 by raynor94

He's scored 18 goals in 103 games, a bit of perspective please , Everton laughing all the way to the bank

If that's the case, we must be in hysterics with Shelvey's 10 goals in 79 games
Login to get fewer ads

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:19 - Jan 18 with 2893 viewsjack247

You don't judge a player like Naismith on goals, he isn't a striker.

He may not have been right for us, because he mainly plays Gylfis position and we have more pressing needs in other areas. Very good player though and I'm sure he will strengthen Norwich.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:44 - Jan 18 with 2729 viewsDr_Winston

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:19 - Jan 18 by jack247

You don't judge a player like Naismith on goals, he isn't a striker.

He may not have been right for us, because he mainly plays Gylfis position and we have more pressing needs in other areas. Very good player though and I'm sure he will strengthen Norwich.

He's a good player. Certainly wouldn't have minded seeing him here if we didn't already have Siggy.

Scorer of important goals rather than a prolific goalscorer though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 2675 viewsshandyjack

he had a lot better service at Everton than he will have at Norwich, so should rally have notched a few more goals than he has.
Will most likely score between 4-5 goals i expect

Poll: Expectation for the season

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:58 - Jan 18 with 2647 viewsjack247

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:54 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

he had a lot better service at Everton than he will have at Norwich, so should rally have notched a few more goals than he has.

What he will do, is run himself into the ground and drag defenders all over the place, which will create more space for Norwichs strikers. 4-5 goals would probably be a decent return, but I'd expect to see them score more goals as a team.

Having said that, we have a new manager in, if we can get a couple of signings in over the next week or so, I'm confident we won't have to worry about how Norwich etc are doing, we can pull away from danger regardless of how other teams do.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 2635 viewsPegojack

Forget players like Naismith.

We need to scrape all our pennies together and go out and find a striker of the kind we haven't had since the end of August.

A striker who scores a goal every two games on average, who can hold the ball up and bring teammates into play, who can get on the end of crosses, who can unsettle defenders and make space for others.

If we don't, we are going down. So I hope Huw and Co are spending every waking minute looking for one. The clock is ticking and there's less than two weeks left.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:04 - Jan 18 with 2611 viewsswanjackal

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:01 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

We need to scrape all our pennies together and go out and find a striker of the kind we haven't had since the end of August.

A striker who scores a goal every two games on average, who can hold the ball up and bring teammates into play, who can get on the end of crosses, who can unsettle defenders and make space for others.

If we don't, we are going down. So I hope Huw and Co are spending every waking minute looking for one. The clock is ticking and there's less than two weeks left.

For any of that to really be pertinent though, that would need a midfield that are able to create chances, beat men and compete in that area. Unless that is addressed, we are just going to be throwing money away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:11 - Jan 18 with 2571 viewsLoyal

Better have a 8.5 million hard working 29 year old striker than no striker at all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:23 - Jan 18 with 2505 viewsPegojack

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:11 - Jan 18 by Loyal

Better have a 8.5 million hard working 29 year old striker than no striker at all.

He's not a striker, as has already been pointed out on this thread.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 2484 viewspencoedjack

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:01 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

This ^

People moan about our midfield not scoring, Go-miss does nothing to bring them into the game (as Bony did with Siggy)

If the French oaf was scoring he could be forgiven for that ... but unfortunately he fails at both.

The getting of a striker who scores 1 in every 2 is going to difficult to find (especially in Jan)

Naismith certainly wouldn't be the answer.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:40 - Jan 18 with 2425 viewsjack247

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:28 - Jan 18 by pencoedjack

This ^

People moan about our midfield not scoring, Go-miss does nothing to bring them into the game (as Bony did with Siggy)

If the French oaf was scoring he could be forgiven for that ... but unfortunately he fails at both.

The getting of a striker who scores 1 in every 2 is going to difficult to find (especially in Jan)

We need a striker, that's not even opinion, it's borderline fact.

Someone who scores every other game is fantasyland, unless we can tempt Bony back and that would be a hell of a coup.

Being realistic, you are right, someone who can bring others into the game and score reasonably consistently would be fine. Pelle was mentioned earlier, not sure how feasible that is, but he would fit the bill.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 2383 viewspencoedjack

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:40 - Jan 18 by jack247

We need a striker, that's not even opinion, it's borderline fact.

Someone who scores every other game is fantasyland, unless we can tempt Bony back and that would be a hell of a coup.

Being realistic, you are right, someone who can bring others into the game and score reasonably consistently would be fine. Pelle was mentioned earlier, not sure how feasible that is, but he would fit the bill.

& he speaks the same lingo as the new gaffer

Although I see lots of rumours (we know how truthful they are) about him going back to Italy
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:48 - Jan 18 with 2381 viewsLoyal

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:23 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

He's not a striker, as has already been pointed out on this thread.

Well I think he is. And when he grows up he can be anything he likes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:49 - Jan 18 with 2370 viewsLoyal

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:28 - Jan 18 by pencoedjack

This ^

If he scored three wining goals in three games which he is more than capable of doing we would be half way to being a premier league club. Swansea City's inaction here is frightening.

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 11:59 - Jan 18 with 2331 viewsThornburyswan

Not a chance of that but it's more about the 'when/what it means' rather than the number - if he scores 4 - 6 goals but they turn draws into wins (or even losses into draws) & it means they get 6 - 8 points more in the second half it could make the difference.

That said it looks a lot of money @ his age & with his record.
SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 12:31 - Jan 18 with 2217 viewsraynor94

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:45 - Jan 18 by SwaneeRiver

If that's the case, we must be in hysterics with Shelvey's 10 goals in 79 games

Which is about par, you started being silly stating if he scores 10-15 before the end of the season, and I am in hysterics over the 12 million we got for him!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 2096 viewsItchySphincter

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 09:11 - Jan 18 by Pegojack

The Jock mafia.

It's good for us, he always plays well against us.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 2087 viewsItchySphincter

SSN Reporting Naismith going to Norwich for £8.5M on 10:54 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

He doesn't rely on service, not that kind of player.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024