Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11:52 - Jan 22 with 15473 viewsupthedale89

i will keep this one to myself so you all dont get upset about me knowing and opening my mouth.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:18 - Jan 23 with 4405 viewsShun

D_Alien, old friend, you're one of my favourite posters on here, but sometimes you don't half come across as aggressive!
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:29 - Jan 23 with 4354 viewsPorlicks

If the club wants to keep something a secret, well then they should learn how to keep a secret.

I thought upthedale89 was involved in the club somehow, but it's been happening over and over so either the club don't care that he is, or they don't care about who is giving him the information.

Don't blame him at all about sharing the info, after all he could have used it to his own advantage instead.

Who are YOU with?

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 4342 viewsfitzochris

The point D_Alien is making about the potential to scupper a transfer is a valid one, though. As several posters, myself included, made on the Syers thread.

It's not worth knowing who we're signing a few days before its official if it risks the transfer not going through at all.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:33 - Jan 23 with 4327 viewsfitzochris

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:29 - Jan 23 by Porlicks

If the club wants to keep something a secret, well then they should learn how to keep a secret.

I thought upthedale89 was involved in the club somehow, but it's been happening over and over so either the club don't care that he is, or they don't care about who is giving him the information.

Don't blame him at all about sharing the info, after all he could have used it to his own advantage instead.

The club does care, though, or at least the part that counts. Two previous managers have both lamented our club's likliehood to leak (and I'm not talking about the pitch).
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 14:35]

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:43 - Jan 23 with 4279 viewsPorlicks

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:33 - Jan 23 by fitzochris

The club does care, though, or at least the part that counts. Two previous managers have both lamented our club's likliehood to leak (and I'm not talking about the pitch).
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 14:35]

I'm sure they do. I was being deliberately antagonistic towards them, as I do with people who blame others for their own shortcomings.

My own opinion is that they have a lax attitude to information security. It's possible that this information comes from overheard phone-calls or hacked email accounts, or simply casual conversations in the stairwell when people are having a quick smoke.

Either way, the buck stops with somebody inside the club, not with lamenting about the public domain.

Who are YOU with?

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:49 - Jan 23 with 4234 viewsfitzochris

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:43 - Jan 23 by Porlicks

I'm sure they do. I was being deliberately antagonistic towards them, as I do with people who blame others for their own shortcomings.

My own opinion is that they have a lax attitude to information security. It's possible that this information comes from overheard phone-calls or hacked email accounts, or simply casual conversations in the stairwell when people are having a quick smoke.

Either way, the buck stops with somebody inside the club, not with lamenting about the public domain.

You're right about how the information is leaked. Not sure about hacked emails, but certainly the other two. And it bugged the fook out of at least two previous managers and probably many more. I've no doubt it irks Hilly as well.

More does need to be done in house to stop that.

I'm just advocating that people who post on here, if they do get told something, should maybe keep it under their hat, just in case it causes issues. I'm guessing, trolls aside, everyone who posts on here has the club's best interests at heart, so it wouldn't hurt to keep schtum if it meant not risking a transfer deal.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 14:51]

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:20 - Jan 23 with 3992 viewsD_Alien

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:18 - Jan 23 by Shun

D_Alien, old friend, you're one of my favourite posters on here, but sometimes you don't half come across as aggressive!

I know Shun

But there's a pretty serious principle at stake here, which I believe I've set out in my posts. If you're either employed by the club, or close to someone who is, don't you think it's doing all of us - the board, the management, the players and the supporters, a huge disservice by exploiting what is confidential?

You're employed by the NHS, and fully understand the need for confidentiality. Yes, it's sport and not healthcare, but loose tongues can still have consequences. It matters not that the OP was non-specific. Someone with his/her mindset just can't help themselves and would be prattling somewhere else; that then gets passed on.

Hence my use of the term prat, i.e. someone who prattles.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 3956 viewsD_Alien

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 14:11 - Jan 23 by Dale23years

God I wish you wouldn't say anymore,

What give you the right to call anyone a tosser on this messageboard !!!!!! #moralhighgroundbullshit

So you think it's ok to put the best interests of the club, and the player, at stake?

Tosser.

Now explain why you aren't.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:02 - Jan 23 with 3800 viewsNewbury_Dale

I really cant see how someone letting the cat out of the bag on here is going to potentially scupper a transfer deal, considering the type of player we're bringing in at present. Most of the players we sign seem to have been touted around the lower leagues extensively before they get to us anyway. Nobody left to scupper.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:03]
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 3736 viewsrochdaleriddler

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:26 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

So you think it's ok to put the best interests of the club, and the player, at stake?

Tosser.

Tosser prat. You are an unpleasant man d.alien

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:34 - Jan 23 with 3670 viewsBrighouseDale

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 13:50 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

This isn't about "opinions", as you'd realise if you thought about it for more than two seconds.

A very long-standing member of this messageboard has posted elsewhere within the past few days about how their premature disclosure of the impending Rickie Lambert deal nearly scuppered it. Can you imagine where Dale would be now if that deal hadn't gone through? The impact Lambert had during his time with us, and the subsequent transfer income, including add ons? The impact on Lambert himself? His career?

Eh? Well can you?

He indicated that he'd learnt his lesson, which is fair play, as it's something anyone might do initially.

The OP was warned last time he posted an impending transfer deal. Following that up with a childish OP - "I know summat you don't" is beyond pathetic.

That's what the OP is putting at risk. He's a tosser of the first order for doing so. Those who support that type of activity fall into the same category. I'll say no more.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 13:58]

I wasn't talking about the OP. You called RAFC_1994 a tosser because he / she was exasperated with your offensive manner. This might be a young supporter who's just venturing on here and you could've totally alienated them with your outright rudeness.

I don't post on here a lot but I read the messageboard every day, and you don't half come across as an unpleasant character. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it but maybe it's you that needs to think before you post sometimes, because you just look like you've got a huge chip on your shoulder.

Anyway that's my two pence worth!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 3651 viewsDale23years

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:26 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Tosser.

Where did I put it was OK? ??

Now you answer what gives you the right to call people tossers

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:48 - Jan 23 with 3573 viewsD_Alien

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:35 - Jan 23 by Dale23years

Where did I put it was OK? ??

Now you answer what gives you the right to call people tossers

It's an entirely appropriate term for someone who, through their inability to keep their gob shut, might jeopardise team building, the finances of the club we support, the career of the player and also... last but not least... their own employment prospects if they're paid a wage by the club, and get found out.

You seem to have an interest in moral high grounds (I don't btw) so, how would you describe them?

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:51 - Jan 23 with 3549 viewsDale23years

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:48 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

It's an entirely appropriate term for someone who, through their inability to keep their gob shut, might jeopardise team building, the finances of the club we support, the career of the player and also... last but not least... their own employment prospects if they're paid a wage by the club, and get found out.

You seem to have an interest in moral high grounds (I don't btw) so, how would you describe them?

I was on about RAFC 1994 being called a tosser.

Think you owe the poster an apology
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:53]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 3478 viewsTrueDaleBlue

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:02 - Jan 23 by Newbury_Dale

I really cant see how someone letting the cat out of the bag on here is going to potentially scupper a transfer deal, considering the type of player we're bringing in at present. Most of the players we sign seem to have been touted around the lower leagues extensively before they get to us anyway. Nobody left to scupper.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:03]

Well said that man, common sense spoken.
Although the player the OP was referring to was the kid from Shaktar Donetsk, and he is now valued at £38 million, so wages might be s problem.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 18:09 - Jan 23 with 3371 viewsD_Alien

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 17:51 - Jan 23 by Dale23years

I was on about RAFC 1994 being called a tosser.

Think you owe the poster an apology
[Post edited 23 Jan 2016 17:53]

Defending the OP is a pretty shoddy option. Of course, some people just like listening to gossip, whatever the consequences.

If RAFC 1994 is prepared to respond and agree that the OP should act more responsibly toward their employer, I'll apologise.

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 18:38 - Jan 23 with 3196 viewsParkinsGimp

I dont care but we need 4 new signings by next monday otherwise we are fooked big time.
I wont repeat the list of shockingly poor players we have at this club that would struggle to get a game in the conference, I have been saying it since August. Now is the time to make a move. Do nothing and suffer , maybe even suffer next season in League 2 since the ones KJH will keep are no better than non league.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 19:24 - Jan 23 with 3067 viewsfitzochris

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 18:38 - Jan 23 by ParkinsGimp

I dont care but we need 4 new signings by next monday otherwise we are fooked big time.
I wont repeat the list of shockingly poor players we have at this club that would struggle to get a game in the conference, I have been saying it since August. Now is the time to make a move. Do nothing and suffer , maybe even suffer next season in League 2 since the ones KJH will keep are no better than non league.

We don't have shockingly poor players at this club. I agree we need new blood to help the others kick on, and perhaps a change of approach, but our players are not shockingly poor. They're the same group that started the season so well.

Today does require an inquest, because we conceded six goals when at full strength and that should never happen playing a team in the same division.

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 01:04 - Jan 24 with 2798 viewsTVOS1907

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 18:38 - Jan 23 by ParkinsGimp

Eh, is it Monday morning already?

How do you propose we finance these players?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 11:24 - Jan 24 with 2631 viewsNafelad

I wonder if it's time to consider spending the 'Matt Done money ', that I believe has been set aside for making the stadium ours? The Stadium ownership issue does not look like it is going to be resolved any time soon and it might be better spent, at this current time, on one or two better quality players - defence and forwards. I'd rather we continued playing our football in League 1, than owning our ground but playing in a lower division.

Topcat

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 12:23 - Jan 24 with 2532 viewsaleanddale

Any transfer money is long gone... Either used to prop up shortfall in income or set aside for what we desperately need ( Spotland ownership )

There will be no spending on players it's very much develop our own or get a broken toy or a loan.

This is back to the walls stuff now and we need a decent run ( even some 0-0 ) to just build on something.

The bottom 3 are still a fair way away but 4th bottom is edging closer and on yesterday's performance it looks like it's going to be one from 5. The 5 includes us but in fairness it regrettably always has.

Turn up Sat.. Offer our full support and we need to roll our shirt sleeves up and match Burtons application.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 15:40 - Jan 29 with 2076 viewsD_Dale

Well, upthedale89, a full week has passed since your original posting, and the transfer window closes soon.

So what were you keeping to yourself, Nyal Bell's Chester loan?
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 15:55 - Jan 29 with 2021 viewsmingthemerciless

" Loose lips sink ships " as they used to say.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:09 - Jan 29 with 1961 viewsParkinsGimp

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 01:04 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

Eh, is it Monday morning already?

How do you propose we finance these players?

I know feck me I should be so happy that I support little old Rochdale , heaven forbid I do an Oliver and ask for more.
We are a league two side , we have no money at all ,we have never sold anyone or been in a cup run that we didnt budget for...or did we waste the money we had on two year contracts for the likes of McNulty and Andrew..
Lets get back to League Two where we belong and play the likes of D & R and Morecambe , how dare we expect to do any better, tut tut Gimp Know your station.
Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 1894 viewsD_Alien

Transfer News !!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 16:09 - Jan 29 by ParkinsGimp

I know feck me I should be so happy that I support little old Rochdale , heaven forbid I do an Oliver and ask for more.
We are a league two side , we have no money at all ,we have never sold anyone or been in a cup run that we didnt budget for...or did we waste the money we had on two year contracts for the likes of McNulty and Andrew..
Lets get back to League Two where we belong and play the likes of D & R and Morecambe , how dare we expect to do any better, tut tut Gimp Know your station.

You've just relegated yourself from being a League Two contributor to this forum, to being non-league. It's where you belong, and you won't be coming back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024