Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tonight was jimmy's night 22:15 - Mar 8 with 2461 viewsbullythebear

he wants us to play a pressing game and we did that all over the pitch. Didn't let Derby settle. Polter led from the front and Derbys experienced defence will tell you he's a nightmare to play against, Several forced errors by defenders and keeper. Cherry buzzed around him. Defensively we were very sold. Workrate all round was outstanding especially from Junior. Impressive and looking at our general performance level over the last 6-7 games gives me great optimism. We have a manager with a clear plan and a team looking to implement it with genuine effort. Will we be able to perform like that against Brentford?
tonight was jimmy's night on 22:20 - Mar 8 with 2409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man, it would be lovely to win a derby match now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

tonight was jimmy's night on 22:26 - Mar 8 with 2339 viewsisawqpratwcity

tonight was jimmy's night on 22:20 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Man, it would be lovely to win a derby match now.

Pay attention, Brian, we just did!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

tonight was jimmy's night on 06:04 - Mar 9 with 1900 viewsstuabd

Jimmy's done really well in a relatively short period of time. We seem to have a style of play and I like the way he's used good man-management skills to get the best out of players like Cherry. It's great to see a team playing with some energy and desire. Obviously there will be more blips but you have to feel pretty optimistic about what Jimmy, Les and their team are doing.
tonight was jimmy's night on 06:44 - Mar 9 with 1840 viewsLadbrokeR

We played a pressing game very well in the first half but then ran out of steam in the second 45. I am not sure that any team could keep up that tempo.
tonight was jimmy's night on 07:37 - Mar 9 with 1733 viewssexton

I saw Derby win 3-1 at Brentford a week a so ago and they were classy, lots of short passes to feet and good movement. 5 or 6 nil wouldn't have flattered them. I was a bit fearful before the game but we didn't let them play.
tonight was jimmy's night on 07:59 - Mar 9 with 1664 viewsTheChef

tonight was jimmy's night on 06:44 - Mar 9 by LadbrokeR

We played a pressing game very well in the first half but then ran out of steam in the second 45. I am not sure that any team could keep up that tempo.

Not entirely sure we ran out of steam - Derby were always going to have a bit of a purple patch but for all that Smithies didn't really have a save to make. We may have dropped a bit deeper which is often the case with us when defending a 1-0 lead in the second half, but JFH made some good subs and we finished strongly I thought to seal the game at 2-0.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

tonight was jimmy's night on 08:26 - Mar 9 with 1613 viewsMytch_QPR

Very pleased with last night - if we can do the same on Sat with greater atmosphere it should be cracking.

All of the players seemed to know where they should be and what they should be doing - and played as a team.

JFH and the team all deserve praise but I couldn't believe how many times Derby lost possession (we were also guilty of this in the second half) - they look likely to drop out of the play-offs if they carry on like that.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024