Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville 17:11 - Mar 30 with 2282 viewsDaley_Lama

Sacked by Valencia.

#armchairmanager

Poll: DF in or out

Gary Neville on 17:15 - Mar 30 with 2271 views442Dale

Come home, Neviller. Some will never appreciate that level of obnoxious self-righteousness.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Neville on 17:26 - Mar 30 with 2239 viewsfrenzied

out of his depth...i suppose theirs a spanish translation book going cheap on e bay now
Gary Neville on 18:04 - Mar 30 with 2171 viewsD_Alien

Gary Neville on 17:15 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

Come home, Neviller. Some will never appreciate that level of obnoxious self-righteousness.

I do

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gary Neville on 18:47 - Mar 30 with 2106 viewsAtThePeake

I think he made a mistake going to manage in a league he knew little about in comparison to his obvious knowledge of Premier League football.

I'd be delighted to see him back on MNF. His pundity is far more entertaining and interesting than the likes of Henry and Redknapp. Equally though, I'd like to see a Premier League club give him a chance as manager. He knows his stuff, but going to Valencia was quite clearly a mistake.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 22:26]

Tangled up in blue.

Gary Neville on 19:32 - Mar 30 with 2057 viewsfrenzied

i fear for Flicker at Bury..perhaps the Nevilles will roll up there next season?
Gary Neville on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 2010 viewsFrog

"I think he made a mistake going to manage in a league he knew little about in comparison to his obvious knowledge of Premier League football. "

Knowledge of a league does not give you the ability to manage in it, a strange decision to appoint him in the first place in my view.
Gary Neville on 22:21 - Mar 30 with 1906 viewsAtThePeake

Gary Neville on 20:31 - Mar 30 by Frog

"I think he made a mistake going to manage in a league he knew little about in comparison to his obvious knowledge of Premier League football. "

Knowledge of a league does not give you the ability to manage in it, a strange decision to appoint him in the first place in my view.

Maybe not, but it does give you more chance of succeeding in it.

My point was that he clearly fancied a crack at management - why not go for a club in the English leagues first, where he is more aware of the style of play, the players themselves, the attitudes, etc? If one of Spain's biggest clubs hired him, then surely a few English clubs would've been interested. Perhaps not now.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 22:27]

Tangled up in blue.

Gary Neville on 00:04 - Mar 31 with 1833 viewsdingdangblue

Gary Neville on 22:21 - Mar 30 by AtThePeake

Maybe not, but it does give you more chance of succeeding in it.

My point was that he clearly fancied a crack at management - why not go for a club in the English leagues first, where he is more aware of the style of play, the players themselves, the attitudes, etc? If one of Spain's biggest clubs hired him, then surely a few English clubs would've been interested. Perhaps not now.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2016 22:27]

Peter Lim - the Singapore billionaire bankrolls Valencia, he also has an interest in Salford City. Mates with Neville and the main reason he got the job over there.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Neville on 01:37 - Mar 31 with 1805 viewsdownunder

Gary Neville on 00:04 - Mar 31 by dingdangblue

Peter Lim - the Singapore billionaire bankrolls Valencia, he also has an interest in Salford City. Mates with Neville and the main reason he got the job over there.

So you are saying Neville is out on a lim ?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2016 5:23]
Gary Neville on 07:59 - Mar 31 with 1735 viewsBallastBoy

Gary Neville on 20:31 - Mar 30 by Frog

I am not convinced that former premier league players should automatically get top jobs. Sherwood, Ince, Neville etc seem to get top jobs with no real management experience. It must be frustrating to other managers in lower leagues, doing excellent job but never get a chance because 'bigger name' former players are perceived to know what they are doing.

I remain skeptical that Gary or Phil Neville will ever cut the grade as a manager at any level.

Sorry to be a grumpy b/stard.
Gary Neville on 09:53 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsPorlicks

"He used three different goalkeepers and tried endless combinations."

Nevillecroft

Who are YOU with?

Gary Neville on 10:23 - Mar 31 with 1666 viewsSuddenLad

Gary Neville on 07:59 - Mar 31 by BallastBoy

I am not convinced that former premier league players should automatically get top jobs. Sherwood, Ince, Neville etc seem to get top jobs with no real management experience. It must be frustrating to other managers in lower leagues, doing excellent job but never get a chance because 'bigger name' former players are perceived to know what they are doing.

I remain skeptical that Gary or Phil Neville will ever cut the grade as a manager at any level.

Sorry to be a grumpy b/stard.

To be fair to Ince, whilst he is a proven failure, he did at least start at the bottom of the ladder ad have a modicum of success, including winning the FL Trophy and a promotion with MK Dons, before moving on.

Ince wasn't parachuted into the job at a major club and exposed to crazy media pressure at the first stop.

That said, he was still found out, but at least has a trophy and a promotion on his CV.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Gary Neville on 10:32 - Mar 31 with 1654 viewsJimmyRustler

I personally think he's vastly overrated as a pundit. I think people are more in awe of his impartiality and lack of bias towards United than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I think he's decent but he comes across as one of those who speaks a lot but says very little and I get the feeling that's probably what he did at Valencia too (add a language barrier in there and that's a recipe for disaster).
Gary Neville on 11:26 - Mar 31 with 1612 viewslurker

Gary Neville on 10:23 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

To be fair to Ince, whilst he is a proven failure, he did at least start at the bottom of the ladder ad have a modicum of success, including winning the FL Trophy and a promotion with MK Dons, before moving on.

Ince wasn't parachuted into the job at a major club and exposed to crazy media pressure at the first stop.

That said, he was still found out, but at least has a trophy and a promotion on his CV.

Hasn't Ince improved his golf handicap along the way, too?!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024