Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem Fans In Swansea 12:55 - Jun 2 with 8761 viewsAl_Bundy

Many years back the area had a load of fans from the top 7 sides in the premier pretty much everyone had a top flight side.

With us now being in the prem ourselves for the 6th season has this demographic changed much with football supporters in Swansea? Do most now follow the Swans or are we still the minority club ?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:27 - Jun 3 with 2180 viewsscottishjack

Am I still allowed to take in a Hearts match when I visit Edinburgh? Or should I feel bad cause I'm only allowed to support the Swans?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:57 - Jun 3 with 2158 viewsjacktar

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:27 - Jun 3 by scottishjack

Am I still allowed to take in a Hearts match when I visit Edinburgh? Or should I feel bad cause I'm only allowed to support the Swans?

As long as you keep supporting the No1 Welsh team we will allow you to watch some local football as well.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Prem Fans In Swansea on 10:00 - Jun 3 with 2151 viewsscottishjack

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:57 - Jun 3 by jacktar

As long as you keep supporting the No1 Welsh team we will allow you to watch some local football as well.

Many thanks, I just can't get away from my "glory hunting" when I pop back to Scotland...
Prem Fans In Swansea on 10:11 - Jun 3 with 2144 viewsjack247

This thread was about people from Swansea who live in Swansea and support Man United. I doubt anyone is gonna get antsy about someone watching Hearts when in Edinburgh.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:26 - Jun 3 with 2100 viewsmitchwales

I see a few around Newport and the Valleys on a regular basis.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 13:32 - Jun 3 with 2098 viewsQuakerJack

No that's fine... I follow Darlington as well, just for the glory tho... Evostik Northern Premier League Champions!!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:01 - Jun 3 with 2069 viewsDafyddHuw

No. Yes.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:30 - Jun 3 with 2049 viewsdobjack2

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:22 - Jun 3 by MrSwerve

Most Swans fans who grew up between the mid 80s and late 90s had a 'top club' that they followed, whether they like to admit it or not.

And older ones to. In the 60's/ early 70's even those of us that went down the vetch had our second team. Effectively our TV team that we supported on match of the day/ big match and in school as well as the swans.

Without sounding like one of the 4 Yorkshireman - no video recorders so match of the day/ the big match was something not to be missed and the only live game on TV tended to be the FA cup final.

Looking back on those days understandable to have that second team.
Login to get fewer ads

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:31 - Jun 3 with 2050 viewsbuilthjack

A few kids walking about Pontllanfraith with Swans shirts on today. Wales is turning white. But the shirts were last years away!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:45 - Jun 3 with 2041 viewsandypitt56

I'm not originally from Swansea, Started supporting the swans back in 2002 (good year to pick I know) i was 11, a lot of my family are from Swansea, I'm from Southampton but never really followed any teams before the swans.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:03 - Jun 4 with 1962 viewsChrisSCFC

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:31 - Jun 3 by builthjack

A few kids walking about Pontllanfraith with Swans shirts on today. Wales is turning white. But the shirts were last years away!

Let's hope these Yankee's get some work done on our ground soon then.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:21 - Jun 4 with 1951 views1983

Always remember in the mid 1980's having a Swans top and other kids taking the pi$$
The same grown up kids I see at Swans matches now....funny how things change

Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:29 - Jun 4 with 1945 viewsChrisSCFC

Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:21 - Jun 4 by 1983

Always remember in the mid 1980's having a Swans top and other kids taking the pi$$
The same grown up kids I see at Swans matches now....funny how things change

You in Swansea?

Don't remember that happening in the mid-90's...
Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:49 - Jun 4 with 1932 views1983

Prem Fans In Swansea on 07:29 - Jun 4 by ChrisSCFC

You in Swansea?

Don't remember that happening in the mid-90's...

Born in Trallwn mate in the old man and old girls bedroom during an electric power cut!
Can't get more Swansea than that

And my first swans top was a DP one
[Post edited 4 Jun 2016 7:52]

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:27 - Jun 4 with 1880 viewssP7qupUf

My friend went on safari to Tanzania a couple of weeks back. The guide asked him where he was from. He replied "Wales". Guide didn't have a clue. Asked to clarify he replied "Swansea". Guide immediately beamed and said "Ah, Swansea City, Premier League!". Can't over estimate how important us being there is to the city.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 11:23 - Jun 4 with 1753 viewsLoyal

Prem Fans In Swansea on 09:22 - Jun 3 by MrSwerve

Most Swans fans who grew up between the mid 80s and late 90s had a 'top club' that they followed, whether they like to admit it or not.

I do know lads who did, not many, most people I know have always been 100% Jacks.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Prem Fans In Swansea on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 1746 viewsjackjackjackjack

Prem Fans In Swansea on 14:30 - Jun 3 by dobjack2

And older ones to. In the 60's/ early 70's even those of us that went down the vetch had our second team. Effectively our TV team that we supported on match of the day/ big match and in school as well as the swans.

Without sounding like one of the 4 Yorkshireman - no video recorders so match of the day/ the big match was something not to be missed and the only live game on TV tended to be the FA cup final.

Looking back on those days understandable to have that second team.

Big Match on a Sunday afternoon round my Nan's.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 15:16 - Jun 4 with 1695 viewsVetchitBack

I'm all over Swansea with work and the vast majority of kids have Swansea shirts/trackies so much so that other teams stand out. Which is great by-product of Prem football if nothing else.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Prem Fans In Swansea on 23:24 - Jun 4 with 1601 viewsaberavon_wizard

My grandson went to a Swansea City Soccer Camp in Baglan yesterday:

6 SCFC kits
2 MUFC
1 Chelsea
1 Benfica
1 Spurs
Prem Fans In Swansea on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 1284 viewsMillie

Prem Fans In Swansea on 23:24 - Jun 4 by aberavon_wizard

My grandson went to a Swansea City Soccer Camp in Baglan yesterday:

6 SCFC kits
2 MUFC
1 Chelsea
1 Benfica
1 Spurs

Leeds was big in South Wales in 70's, remember going to ER under Roberto and there were hoards of South Wales Leeds

What no Cardiff in Baglan?
Prem Fans In Swansea on 21:00 - Aug 4 with 1220 viewsoldcob

Prem Fans In Swansea on 20:28 - Aug 4 by Millie

Leeds was big in South Wales in 70's, remember going to ER under Roberto and there were hoards of South Wales Leeds

What no Cardiff in Baglan?

Lots of boys from Neath went for trials in Leeds. There was a Leeds scout living in Briton Ferry.
Prem Fans In Swansea on 21:44 - Aug 4 with 1130 viewsglobus10

My missus and daughter on a trolley bus in Savannah two weeks ago... Bloke rides past on a bike with the blue and green away top.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:59 - Aug 4 with 1014 viewsMillie

Prem Fans In Swansea on 23:09 - Aug 4 with 994 viewspikeypaul

It's funny seeing grown men walk around Swansea in man ure, Liverpool tops on when you look at them they can not make eye contact with you knowing what tw@ts they look.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Prem Fans In Swansea on 00:10 - Aug 5 with 940 viewsmajorraglan

When my two boys were in primary school they had mates whose parents supported Liverpol and Man United and unfortunately, my sons copied their mates and started to "support" those 2 teams, one was a Liverpool fan and the other Man U. Much to my disgust they even had a few tops as pressies from the families.
Being a patriotic Welshman from Port Talbot, I cant say I was particularly pleased with this situation. So, during the Sousa season as and when I could I took the kids to see a few games, football wasn't great but it was a start. We don't get to as many games as I would like as I work most weekends and getting tickets can be difficult, but the kids are hooked on Swansea. They have the tops, water bottles, are members of the cygnets club, watch the swans on tv etc so the bonds are being built. Moving forward, we need to make sure the next generation of local children become Swans fans instead of Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, with good media exposure, links with schools and with initiatives like kids for a quid at lower profile games it can happen.
I will probably take some stick for this, but If a South Wales kid isn't going to support Swansea I would rather see them support Cardiff or Newport than one of the big teams.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 0:33]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024