Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors 16:45 - Jul 5 with 4096 viewsdaveB

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-psv-eindhoven-pre-season-friendly-

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 16:55 - Jul 5 with 4058 viewsBrightonhoop

Sounds like it was beyond the Clubs control. Very disappointing especially for those who have shelled out hard earned.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:13 - Jul 5 with 3991 viewshopphoops

Bizarre. Despite the gentle digs on a previous post, I feel for QPR 1882 and others who are making the effort to go. And i thought last year was a low ebb in our odyssey of pre-season snafus.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:27 - Jul 5 with 3926 viewsNorthernr

Southampton have three games over there as well and have seen one of them moved behind closed doors and the other has a tiny ticket allocation for Brits.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:35 - Jul 5 with 3892 viewsderbyhoop

Maybe, since Brexit, the Dutch no longer want us Brits anywhere near their supporters.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:41 - Jul 5 with 3877 viewsQPR1882

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:27 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Southampton have three games over there as well and have seen one of them moved behind closed doors and the other has a tiny ticket allocation for Brits.

This is total bollocks and there is more to this then meets the eye. I do not think for a second it has anything to do with security. Read carefully the clubs statement. They are telling us they are going to arrange a pub ( ? ) that the QPR fans travelling and the Dutch QPR fans can get together to watch the live free stream.

So for security reasons it is safer for QPR fans to be together in a bar watching the game rather then in a stadium with stewards and police around them.

Because watching the Euros England fans never get attacked whilst sitting in a bar.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 3860 viewsbarbicanranger

I'm not so sure, I thought PSV were a well supported club with a history of bad violence, I'm not overly surprised this has happened.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:51 - Jul 5 with 3838 viewsPey

Read somewhere that they learned that a rival supporters club were looking for a clash with PSV supporters.
Don't know if thats true but i am very dissapointed as i had bought tickets also to see the game and was looking very much forward to attend the game.
Feel sorry for the fans who bought tickets and made other expenses to see the game.
Will be attending training on Saturday but thats a small plaster on the dissapointment.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:58 - Jul 5 with 3803 viewsLblock

All saying don't blame the club -- you may be right; but this is vintage Queens Park Rangers FC and classic pre season stuff

Jesus I hate football right now

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 18:18 - Jul 5 with 3746 viewsHayesender

Bollox to all this italy/Holland crap. Surley it can't be too hard to find three or four Scottish premier league and championship clubs to play?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 19:49 - Jul 5 with 3605 viewsDWQPR

Back in the day the regular pre-season tour was to Scandanavia. Playing teams that were halfway through their seasons and providing good tests. And this is how the club managed to build up a good support in that part of the world.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 20:05 - Jul 5 with 3575 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

Cant deny, right royally pi55ed off with this. Have contemplated cutting our losses, and just booking a flight out on Mon instead.

But there is something about having a ticket for a pre season friendly abroad, travel out there and watch it on a free stream in a backstreet pub. Hopefully it's dominoes night Fridays, the pub lay on some of those roast tatties on the bar, and the jukebox has some stomping 2 tone classics to pass the night away. But the way its going, I wouldn't bet against Fri night being Drag Queen Karaoke.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 21:45 - Jul 5 with 3425 viewsNorthernr

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 17:41 - Jul 5 by QPR1882

This is total bollocks and there is more to this then meets the eye. I do not think for a second it has anything to do with security. Read carefully the clubs statement. They are telling us they are going to arrange a pub ( ? ) that the QPR fans travelling and the Dutch QPR fans can get together to watch the live free stream.

So for security reasons it is safer for QPR fans to be together in a bar watching the game rather then in a stadium with stewards and police around them.

Because watching the Euros England fans never get attacked whilst sitting in a bar.

Not sure whether you're saying the situation is total bollocks or what I said about Southampton is total bollocks but here's the proof of the latter.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160705-southampton-holland-tour
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 22:00 - Jul 5 with 3384 viewsconnell10

Loks like english fans are not welcome in certain parts of holland. Very sad situation.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 22:20 - Jul 5 with 3351 viewsQPR1882

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 21:45 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Not sure whether you're saying the situation is total bollocks or what I said about Southampton is total bollocks but here's the proof of the latter.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160705-southampton-holland-tour

Not aimed at you. Fact is how can fans be safer sitting in a bar watching a game if there are known Dutch fans looking for trouble ?

If QPR were to play Millwall behind closed doors because of crowd trouble but QPR said not to worry there is a pub in Bermondsey you can all watch a free stream would that make you any safer then being inside the ground ? Most QPR fans have booked into hotels in Arnhem so it would not be to hard for any Dutch fans looking for trouble to find a bar with QPR fans in.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 09:58 - Jul 6 with 3211 viewssmegma

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 22:20 - Jul 5 by QPR1882

Not aimed at you. Fact is how can fans be safer sitting in a bar watching a game if there are known Dutch fans looking for trouble ?

If QPR were to play Millwall behind closed doors because of crowd trouble but QPR said not to worry there is a pub in Bermondsey you can all watch a free stream would that make you any safer then being inside the ground ? Most QPR fans have booked into hotels in Arnhem so it would not be to hard for any Dutch fans looking for trouble to find a bar with QPR fans in.

The 'security' angle is a load of bollocks. First the mayor said it was to do with a music festival in Arnhem stretching Police resources.....then it changed to security fears all on the same day. And like I said previously, Feyenoord played at RKSV Driels stadium on Saturday and Vitesse play Belgian side Oostende this Saturday in the very same stadium. The fact Southampton are playing one game behind closed doors tells me something strange going on. Were both games booked by the same Sports Agency who booked last seasons preseason tour of European pub teams??

At least I'm getting to see two games whereas some mates are going home Saturday lunch time. All that way to get pissed ???

No doubt the 'meet up with dutchsuperhoops' to watch it online will be 100 miles away from Arnhem or am I too cynical?
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 23:28 - Jul 6 with 3000 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 09:58 - Jul 6 by smegma

The 'security' angle is a load of bollocks. First the mayor said it was to do with a music festival in Arnhem stretching Police resources.....then it changed to security fears all on the same day. And like I said previously, Feyenoord played at RKSV Driels stadium on Saturday and Vitesse play Belgian side Oostende this Saturday in the very same stadium. The fact Southampton are playing one game behind closed doors tells me something strange going on. Were both games booked by the same Sports Agency who booked last seasons preseason tour of European pub teams??

At least I'm getting to see two games whereas some mates are going home Saturday lunch time. All that way to get pissed ???

No doubt the 'meet up with dutchsuperhoops' to watch it online will be 100 miles away from Arnhem or am I too cynical?

good shout, pub is not in Arnhem, its in Amersfoort. Looked it up an hour by train from Arnhem. c£60 extra for us 3 to get train there and back to Arnhem for training session sat morning.

Starting to question my sanity
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 11:36 - Jul 7 with 2912 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos going out to meet the fans and watch game with them now I see - cant' say club haven't made an effort to make the best of a bad situation
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 2884 viewsdaveB

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 09:58 - Jul 6 by smegma

in all honesty anyone going abroad for a pre season game must be doing it for a lads piss up otherwise I'm not sure what the point is of seeing a glorified training session.
PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 12:24 - Jul 7 with 2817 viewsTacticalR

PSV Game Behind Closed Doors on 22:00 - Jul 5 by connell10

Loks like english fans are not welcome in certain parts of holland. Very sad situation.

England has become the Millwall of Europe.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024