Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Double Header 15:14 - Jul 16 with 10030 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Matty Lund already subbed with an early crock.......not good

NML scores at Curzon.
Todays Double Header on 21:28 - Jul 16 with 3555 viewsrafc1977

Todays Double Header on 21:08 - Jul 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

To any Curzon Watchers: How did River do overall.........heard he was quite good?

Poss deal afoot or far far too early?

Thought he played really well, definitely a footballer in there. Made a great tackle in first half just as a Curzon player was about to shoot, really was a tackle that needed timing right and he did. Looks to have a bit of pace, and seems confident on the ball. Played at RB again so not sure if after training hilly thinks this is his natural position?

Problem for him would be if that both Rafferty & Cannon (if Cannon is still played at RB, as isn't he CM) are in front of him. Needs to work on fitness (fair enough though as not had benefit of Tenerife ) one thing I did notice today was that he never shuts up in a good way, likes to organise and encourage which is good to see after a week with squad. Bit early yet for a deal IMO, let's see how he handles Blackburn & Wigan if he gets game time.
Todays Double Header on 21:32 - Jul 16 with 3543 viewsSalwaDale

Todays Double Header on 21:08 - Jul 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

To any Curzon Watchers: How did River do overall.........heard he was quite good?

Poss deal afoot or far far too early?

In my opinion, regularly out of position. Slow and unsure when on the ball and he looks like a tradesman on trial well above his level. Very vocal, although not sure the rest of the defence was always listening.

However, bags of running and full of effort and heart, his last ditch tackling has looked absolutely excellent. He seemed to listen every time Lillis shouted "position, River" at him. Beech brought him out before the rest of the players at the end of half time to explain how they wanted him to pass the ball. He looked like he took that on and seemed to want to pass the ball forward more quickly. River certainly not our worst defender today.

I think if he was an 18 year old we'd be taking him on and improving all of his weaknesses over time, whether that will happen now I'm not so sure. Tell you what though, it would be a great story if we did sign him.

The 1st year scholar who came on at centre back late on looked very impressive.

Question for those at Stockport, was our sub keeper the same keeper that started for Fylde on Tuesday?
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 21:33]

TBBT

Todays Double Header on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 3513 viewsleedsdale

Todays Double Header on 21:32 - Jul 16 by SalwaDale

In my opinion, regularly out of position. Slow and unsure when on the ball and he looks like a tradesman on trial well above his level. Very vocal, although not sure the rest of the defence was always listening.

However, bags of running and full of effort and heart, his last ditch tackling has looked absolutely excellent. He seemed to listen every time Lillis shouted "position, River" at him. Beech brought him out before the rest of the players at the end of half time to explain how they wanted him to pass the ball. He looked like he took that on and seemed to want to pass the ball forward more quickly. River certainly not our worst defender today.

I think if he was an 18 year old we'd be taking him on and improving all of his weaknesses over time, whether that will happen now I'm not so sure. Tell you what though, it would be a great story if we did sign him.

Question for those at Stockport, was our sub keeper the same keeper that started for Fylde on Tuesday?

Hill confirms the keeper is the one from Fylde: he was impressed with the way he warmed up so brought him in for a look.

Interestingly, he says the 4 signings he wants to make are goalie, defender, midfielder and striker. Doesn't look like he has too much confidence in Diba long term at the moment.
Todays Double Header on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 3507 viewsSalwaDale

Boo, you beat me to my edit to remove the stupid question , just seen the report.

TBBT

Todays Double Header on 21:46 - Jul 16 with 3498 viewsTalkingSutty

Yes he was. Didn't have a shot to deal with today but at Fylde he was very vocal and did nothing wrong. A bit on the short side for my liking but so was Neil Edwards and he was a excellent keeper. The other keeper,Diang, looked very assured in everything he did.
Todays Double Header on 23:56 - Jul 16 with 3288 viewsDaley_Lama

Curzon view.

River Phoenix did not look out of place at all at RB in this game.

NML atood out, partly for his goals but partly for his all round play.

'Gillie' got the attacking midfield role and possibly because i was watching him more than others (new face to me) made a few errors but was no mug.

Poll: DF in or out

Todays Double Header on 10:18 - Jul 17 with 3020 viewsboromat

Just listened to the interviews the lad Morley only 16!!! Incredibly experienced performance for someone of his age, looked like a regular. Be interesting to see how he progresses after getting an opportunity so early. Obviously can't see him starting very soon but in a couple of years could be another central midfielder to come through the YT.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Todays Double Header on 11:55 - Jul 17 with 2902 viewsTalkingSutty

Todays Double Header on 10:18 - Jul 17 by boromat

Just listened to the interviews the lad Morley only 16!!! Incredibly experienced performance for someone of his age, looked like a regular. Be interesting to see how he progresses after getting an opportunity so early. Obviously can't see him starting very soon but in a couple of years could be another central midfielder to come through the YT.

He looked pretty good but short on stamina, at his age that's to be expected though. Could be a very good prospect.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays Double Header on 15:33 - Jul 17 with 2722 viewsShun

In your penultimate paragraph, was his name Ward?
Todays Double Header on 15:51 - Jul 17 with 2698 viewsBartRowou

Todays Double Header on 15:33 - Jul 17 by Shun

His first name was Isaac.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Todays Double Header on 17:23 - Jul 17 with 2585 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Todays Double Header on 15:51 - Jul 17 by BartRowou

His first name was Isaac.

Hunt?
Todays Double Header on 23:36 - Jul 17 with 2369 viewsSalwaDale

Todays Double Header on 15:33 - Jul 17 by Shun

Could have been, but (as stated above) he was definitely called Isaac.

TBBT

Todays Double Header on 01:15 - Jul 18 with 2312 viewsShun

Todays Double Header on 23:36 - Jul 17 by SalwaDale

Could have been, but (as stated above) he was definitely called Isaac.

Just checked on the OS. Isaac Ward. His mum worked at my university during my first degree. I'll have to let her know you were impressed.
Todays Double Header on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 2101 viewsSalwaDale

Todays Double Header on 01:15 - Jul 18 by Shun

Just checked on the OS. Isaac Ward. His mum worked at my university during my first degree. I'll have to let her know you were impressed.

Do, he looked very composed.

TBBT

Todays Double Header on 12:48 - Jul 18 with 2030 viewsaleanddale

Any news on Matty Lund?

Was hoping for a massive season from him this year.
Todays Double Header on 13:11 - Jul 18 with 1824 viewsBartRowou

Todays Double Header on 12:48 - Jul 18 by aleanddale

Any news on Matty Lund?

Was hoping for a massive season from him this year.

That was a disgraceful challenge on him.
You could hear Lundy calling him an effin deehead in Ikea.
I imagine the plasterer/roofer/teacher/brain surgeon who went through the back of him will dine out on it for months.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Todays Double Header on 13:27 - Jul 18 with 1780 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Todays Double Header on 13:11 - Jul 18 by BartRowou

That was a disgraceful challenge on him.
You could hear Lundy calling him an effin deehead in Ikea.
I imagine the plasterer/roofer/teacher/brain surgeon who went through the back of him will dine out on it for months.

Hilly said as much post match.......thought the Ref was a bit soft and let a too much go on unpunished.
Todays Double Header on 13:53 - Jul 18 with 1726 viewsTalkingSutty

Todays Double Header on 13:27 - Jul 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hilly said as much post match.......thought the Ref was a bit soft and let a too much go on unpunished.

I always take what Football Managers say with a pinch of salt when it comes to the referees performance...even more so when that manager wasn't even at the game
Todays Double Header on 14:13 - Jul 18 with 1679 viewsTVOS1907

Todays Double Header on 13:27 - Jul 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Beech

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Todays Double Header on 14:22 - Jul 18 with 1651 viewsmacro

Todays Double Header on 13:53 - Jul 18 by TalkingSutty

I always take what Football Managers say with a pinch of salt when it comes to the referees performance...even more so when that manager wasn't even at the game

Beech said that not hill
Todays Double Header on 14:43 - Jul 18 with 1611 viewsTalkingSutty

Todays Double Header on 14:22 - Jul 18 by macro

Beech said that not hill

Ok, it confused me when Hill was quoted as saying it when he wasn't at the match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024