Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Backs 14:32 - Aug 14 with 5836 viewsshandyjack

All the talk of our full backs being poor, i thouhg they both did very well yesterday. Kingsley's balls into the box were superb and Naughton seemed more switched on than normal

Poll: Expectation for the season

Full Backs on 14:42 - Aug 14 with 3236 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Innit. Don't believe the hype

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Full Backs on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 3162 viewsjack247

Yeah, they were both among our better players yesterday. I can see the argument for a new right back but don't see left back as an issue at all.
Full Backs on 16:11 - Aug 14 with 3060 viewsSmellyplumz

Amats defending yesterday belonged on the rugby pitch, on a yellow and looking for another one. Needs to be better than that.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Full Backs on 16:21 - Aug 14 with 3032 viewsicecoldjack

Agree. Naughton was very good I thought . Long may it continue !

I honestly think that many players are growing and improving under FG , a few wins and confidence will help the defence no end .
Full Backs on 16:22 - Aug 14 with 3035 viewsshandyjack

Full Backs on 16:21 - Aug 14 by icecoldjack

Agree. Naughton was very good I thought . Long may it continue !

I honestly think that many players are growing and improving under FG , a few wins and confidence will help the defence no end .

amazing what a good coach can do for players

Full Backs on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 3014 viewsJango

Great to see them getting forward so often and getting so many balls in the box.
Full Backs on 16:29 - Aug 14 with 3009 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I've always liked Naughton, and I LOVE Kingsley.

Rangel and Taylor are reasonable enough depth for a team with our resources. Especially relative to our other needs.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Full Backs on 16:41 - Aug 14 with 2973 viewsawayjack

Yup both did well. Let's hope it's the coaching not the opposition that made them look good.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2016 16:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Full Backs on 16:46 - Aug 14 with 2954 viewsJack_Kass

Nobody said all our full backs are poor

Just Taylor is s**t and Rangel is past his best

Kingsley and Naughton should start every game going forward

Sell Taylor to TNS.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Full Backs on 16:47 - Aug 14 with 2951 viewsshandyjack

Full Backs on 16:46 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Nobody said all our full backs are poor

Just Taylor is s**t and Rangel is past his best

Kingsley and Naughton should start every game going forward

Sell Taylor to TNS.

theres been plenty of people on plenty of threads criticising Naughton for being s**t, also Taylor is no s**t, he's a good defnder but poor going forward. Not s**t at all

Full Backs on 16:51 - Aug 14 with 2942 viewsDJack

Full Backs on 16:47 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

theres been plenty of people on plenty of threads criticising Naughton for being s**t, also Taylor is no s**t, he's a good defnder but poor going forward. Not s**t at all

Leaving his agent aside his problem, in many's eyes, is that he is not Ben Davies. Different types of full back but compared to each other!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Full Backs on 17:37 - Aug 14 with 2881 viewsJack_Kass

Full Backs on 16:47 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

Can't pass the ball

Can't cross the ball

Can't stop opposition players going past him with the ball

Can't go past opposition players in front of him with the ball

Can't dispose opposition of possession

Can't keep possession

Can't score for his club

Can't stop people scoring against his club

All players have weaknesses of course, but none of them have them in such abundance as Neil Taylor.

Time to Get rid.

Full Backs on 17:40 - Aug 14 with 2881 viewsshandyjack

Full Backs on 17:37 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Can't pass the ball

Can't cross the ball

Can't keep possession

Can't score for his club

All players have weaknesses of course, but none of them have them in such abundance as Neil Taylor.

Time to Get rid.

Can't pass the ball - Nonsense, passes it sideways and backwards very well

Can't cross the ball - Agreed

Can't stop opposition players going past him with the ball - Disagree

Can't go past opposition players in front of him with the ball - Agreed

Can't dispose opposition of possession - Disagree

Can't keep possession -Disagree

Can't score for his club - Not his job

Can't stop people scoring against his club - Not all down to him is it

Time to Get rid. - Nonsense, is good enough for a team of our calibre

Full Backs on 17:46 - Aug 14 with 2866 viewsmacthejack

It's not that any of them are particularly bad players it's just that they are some of the less talented players in the squad and fairly easy areas of improvement, and as we all know you have to improve every year in the prem just to stand still.
Full Backs on 17:57 - Aug 14 with 2832 viewsdeanscfc

Some of Kingsley's crosses yesterday were on a different level to what we've had with Taylor. We should try and bring him on and start him every game from now on and if he doesn't make it then in January we should consider replacements. Still not sure about Naughton. Rangel has been brilliant for us but lacks the pace these days.
Full Backs on 20:19 - Aug 14 with 2698 viewsPhaedrus

I hope to fk Moralee can get Taylor a move as well. Then we be done with that cnt as well as his overrated, overpaid clients.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Full Backs on 21:04 - Aug 14 with 2630 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 17:37 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Can't pass the ball

Can't cross the ball

Can't keep possession

Can't score for his club

Time to Get rid.

Wow.

Can't cross the ball and can't score I'll give you. Going past players isn't his job. The rest is complete bollocks. Criticise by all means but don't just make stuff up
Full Backs on 21:10 - Aug 14 with 2611 viewsDr_Winston

Full Backs on 21:04 - Aug 14 by jack247

Wow.

Can't cross the ball and can't score I'll give you. Going past players isn't his job. The rest is complete bollocks. Criticise by all means but don't just make stuff up

Yup.

I'm not his biggest fan but that's unnecessarily harsh. He's been first choice for about two seasons too long but he's handy to have in the squad.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Full Backs on 21:12 - Aug 14 with 2609 viewsshandyjack

Full Backs on 21:10 - Aug 14 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

I'm not his biggest fan but that's unnecessarily harsh. He's been first choice for about two seasons too long but he's handy to have in the squad.

Kingsley has taken over him in my eyes,but he's good competition for the position and won't let us down if needed

Full Backs on 21:24 - Aug 14 with 2587 viewsOldjack

Fuk we didn't half panic at times yesterday ,just kicking the ball anywhere is not good enough ,better teams will punish us , if the monies there get a class act in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Full Backs on 21:32 - Aug 14 with 2565 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 21:12 - Aug 14 by shandyjack

Kingsley has taken over him in my eyes,but he's good competition for the position and won't let us down if needed

Wouldn't argue with that. I like both players, Taylor is better defensively, Kingsley is streets ahead as a wing back. Criticise constructively by all means, but don't just list what you think a fullback should do and say he can't do them
Full Backs on 22:56 - Aug 14 with 2487 viewsJack_Kass

Full Backs on 21:04 - Aug 14 by jack247

Wow.

Of course it his job mun, he's a pro footballer, how can it not be an outfield players job to dribble with the ball? I'm not saying he needs to be re-enacting Maradona 1986 every week, but the ability to evade opposition players in possession is kind of an important thing to be able to do, especially at the top level

Its not bollocks or even made up, look at his stats for last season

A tackle won every 72 minutes of a game

A pass blocked every 117 minutes

A cross blocked every 73 minutes

A successful dribble every 245 minutes

5.7 inaccurate short passes a game

0.5 crosses a game

Knock yourself out with all this made up stuff https://www.whoscored.com/Players/31558/History/Neil-Taylor

Full Backs on 00:15 - Aug 15 with 2415 viewsGriffting

Fullbacks were helped by the tactics. They were allowed more freedom to get forward by Britts dropping inbetween Fede and Jordi to make a back three while in possession of the ball. Never bad players.
Full Backs on 06:08 - Aug 15 with 2336 viewsjack247

Full Backs on 22:56 - Aug 14 by Jack_Kass

Of course it his job mun, he's a pro footballer, how can it not be an outfield players job to dribble with the ball? I'm not saying he needs to be re-enacting Maradona 1986 every week, but the ability to evade opposition players in possession is kind of an important thing to be able to do, especially at the top level

Its not bollocks or even made up, look at his stats for last season

A tackle won every 72 minutes of a game

A pass blocked every 117 minutes

A cross blocked every 73 minutes

A successful dribble every 245 minutes

5.7 inaccurate short passes a game

0.5 crosses a game

Knock yourself out with all this made up stuff https://www.whoscored.com/Players/31558/History/Neil-Taylor

That's the problem with reading stats instead of watching games and understanding what's going on. I bet you think Routledge is the devil incarnate too.

I think these are slightly more telling...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/neil-taylor-swansea-city-8217-s-player-s

http://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/stats/option/appearances/
Full Backs on 06:42 - Aug 15 with 2311 viewsDr_Winston

Full Backs on 06:08 - Aug 15 by jack247

That's the problem with reading stats instead of watching games and understanding what's going on. I bet you think Routledge is the devil incarnate too.

I think these are slightly more telling...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/neil-taylor-swansea-city-8217-s-player-s

http://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/stats/option/appearances/

In fairness when Curt said that everyone laughed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024