Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The truth about JFH's spending. 09:34 - Nov 6 with 2505 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

I personally never want managers sacked quickly. As much as I thought Brentford was worse than dreadful, I didn't want JFH sacked now....but what I can't stand is everyone saying that he had no chance with the players we brought in during the summer!

Make no mistake, we have spent a lot of money compared to the rest of the division.

If the stats on transfermarkt.co.uk are to be believed (which I do), then only four teams had a larger net outlay this summer than us - Villa, Brighton, Sheffield W, and Wolves. Because they had so many Premier league quality players to sell, Newcastle actually made £30.98 million profit this summer.

Our £4.15 million costs were the 5th largest in the Chamionship.

Now I know they had to get some horrid journeymen away from Loftus Road....but still can we stops this nonsense about buying cheap, and getting rubbish. We have spent more than appropriately for this division. What we might not have done is buy well - but what I think is more likely is that we have got them playing very poorly and I a very poorly arranged set up.

I didn't want him sacked, and I fear that tw@t Tim Sherwood is coming down the track at us, but at least I am now excited about going back to Loftus Rd in a couple of weeks time!

I think we have purchased well with the two Polish boys and Sylla up front...please please please can we have a manager who might let us find out!
The truth about JFH's spending. on 09:55 - Nov 6 with 2383 viewsQPR_Jim

It's not that they're poor players or cheap transfers it's that the wages are less than we've been paying previously. So there's no established championship transfers like we've seen previously i.e Austin and Phillips. Instead we have been signing players like Polter, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Washington, Sylla, the Polish lads and the French winger (names yet to be memorised). These players aren't free, no good players are but their wage demands are lower, they see qpr as a step up. The downside to this that they may take time to adapt to England or English football or the championship where as your Austin's and Phillips were ready to go. The only ones I can think of with championship experience were Bidwell, Lynch and Smithies all of which I think we got a decent deal on due to contracts coming to an end?

I think Ferdinand and the scouting team have done well the last couple of years to bring the club back to something resembling QPR in terms of the squad composition and bought the wage bill further towards what should be our budget each year. It's not been an easy job with so many players leaving and trying to find replacements which fit both transfer and wage budgets.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 10:21 - Nov 6 with 2276 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

If the stats on transfermarkt.co.uk are to be believed (which I don't), then we made £4.15 million profit on player sales not a £4.15 million loss. Just a few seconds looking at the figures would tell you that.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 10:58 - Nov 6 with 2123 viewsToast_R

This QPR squad should be doing heaps better. You don't necessarily need an ultra talented squad to make an impact in this division. Confidence and a organisation is key. QPR didn't show much of either under JFH.

You get the impression that JFH's team talks were akin to Hitler ordering his depleted and non existant armies around on a map as the Red Army was closing in on him with all his officers looking on bemused and wondering if he's clasps the reality of the situation.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 11:00]
The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:01 - Nov 6 with 2104 viewsSimonJames

The truth about JFH's spending. on 09:55 - Nov 6 by QPR_Jim

It's not that they're poor players or cheap transfers it's that the wages are less than we've been paying previously. So there's no established championship transfers like we've seen previously i.e Austin and Phillips. Instead we have been signing players like Polter, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Washington, Sylla, the Polish lads and the French winger (names yet to be memorised). These players aren't free, no good players are but their wage demands are lower, they see qpr as a step up. The downside to this that they may take time to adapt to England or English football or the championship where as your Austin's and Phillips were ready to go. The only ones I can think of with championship experience were Bidwell, Lynch and Smithies all of which I think we got a decent deal on due to contracts coming to an end?

I think Ferdinand and the scouting team have done well the last couple of years to bring the club back to something resembling QPR in terms of the squad composition and bought the wage bill further towards what should be our budget each year. It's not been an easy job with so many players leaving and trying to find replacements which fit both transfer and wage budgets.

It could get worse (more profit = less stability) - I think we'll be getting bids for Smithies, Chery, Luongo and probably Caulker in January.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:13 - Nov 6 with 2057 viewsQPR_Jim

The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:01 - Nov 6 by SimonJames

It could get worse (more profit = less stability) - I think we'll be getting bids for Smithies, Chery, Luongo and probably Caulker in January.

That is worrying but for the first time since Mel Johnson left I think we might have some replacements lined up who we could sign with the proceeds.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:41 - Nov 6 with 1960 viewsElHoop

The truth about JFH's spending. on 09:55 - Nov 6 by QPR_Jim

That's all well and good but we've been rebuilding the squad to do exactly what? What style of play and formations were we building for? Who decided on that style of play and formations? Who will decide the style of play and formations with a new manager/coach? How will what we've been buying in the past year or so fit into a different style of play and formation, if it's a different style and formation? And how can you say that it's all JFH's fault if you don't actually know the answers to some of these questions?

Fernandes is giving himself plenty of time to learn the job of chairman or director. Loads of time. Sir Les is being given time to learn the job by the look of it. But managers keep taking the blame. Something just doesn't add up.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 12:56 - Nov 6 with 1833 viewsSomersetHoops

The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:41 - Nov 6 by ElHoop

That's all well and good but we've been rebuilding the squad to do exactly what? What style of play and formations were we building for? Who decided on that style of play and formations? Who will decide the style of play and formations with a new manager/coach? How will what we've been buying in the past year or so fit into a different style of play and formation, if it's a different style and formation? And how can you say that it's all JFH's fault if you don't actually know the answers to some of these questions?

Fernandes is giving himself plenty of time to learn the job of chairman or director. Loads of time. Sir Les is being given time to learn the job by the look of it. But managers keep taking the blame. Something just doesn't add up.

I don't know who picks the manager, but I would bet it isn't Les, although he must be involved in the decision I don't think he can be blamed. Most people agree the squad put together ain't bad. Now we need a manager who can get the best out of them, the best of who wouldn't come near QPR, so we need to be lucky and right this time.

Who's Next?

The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:08 - Nov 6 with 1740 viewsQPR_Jim

The truth about JFH's spending. on 11:41 - Nov 6 by ElHoop

I'm not saying it's all JFH's fault, all I'm saying is that rebuilding the squad while reducing the wage budget is difficult and I think they've done a good job, which is shown by the fact people generally think the squad is underperforming under JFH given the quality available. Whether those people are correct or not we should find out shortly.

Personally I think part of the rebuild was to make the squad younger and more versatile which should enable us to play a variety of styles and formations to suit a variety of opponents or managerial preferences.

I thought the best thing for QPR was to stand by JFH until the end of the season to at least show we are willing to give managers time, which would hopefully help us attract better/more experienced managers in the future. Why would anyone leave a job to come here if they think they could be sacked within a year if they don't get into the playoffs straight away?
Login to get fewer ads

The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:18 - Nov 6 with 1705 viewsoldmeadoniansR

The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:08 - Nov 6 by QPR_Jim

I'm not saying it's all JFH's fault, all I'm saying is that rebuilding the squad while reducing the wage budget is difficult and I think they've done a good job, which is shown by the fact people generally think the squad is underperforming under JFH given the quality available. Whether those people are correct or not we should find out shortly.

Personally I think part of the rebuild was to make the squad younger and more versatile which should enable us to play a variety of styles and formations to suit a variety of opponents or managerial preferences.

I thought the best thing for QPR was to stand by JFH until the end of the season to at least show we are willing to give managers time, which would hopefully help us attract better/more experienced managers in the future. Why would anyone leave a job to come here if they think they could be sacked within a year if they don't get into the playoffs straight away?

Ah but Jim if you came in and got rhe team playing attacking positive football and developed a coherent system of play the majority of fans would be ok with mid table.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:22 - Nov 6 with 1684 viewsTGRRRSSS

The truth about JFH's spending. on 10:58 - Nov 6 by Toast_R

This QPR squad should be doing heaps better. You don't necessarily need an ultra talented squad to make an impact in this division. Confidence and a organisation is key. QPR didn't show much of either under JFH.

You get the impression that JFH's team talks were akin to Hitler ordering his depleted and non existant armies around on a map as the Red Army was closing in on him with all his officers looking on bemused and wondering if he's clasps the reality of the situation.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 11:00]

This in a nutshell is why JFH probably had to go, the concern going forward is who comes in.

I also note somebody on here saying they worked at Training ground for a while and JFH was the most miserable and disinterested person around, that isnt someone who shouts leadership material to me.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:24 - Nov 6 with 1679 viewsQPR_Jim

The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:18 - Nov 6 by oldmeadoniansR

Ah but Jim if you came in and got rhe team playing attacking positive football and developed a coherent system of play the majority of fans would be ok with mid table.

Yeah we'd probably be ok with that but if I was a manager I wouldn't bet my job on TF being happy with attacking football and mid table. TF seems to be focused on pushing higher up the table.
The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:29 - Nov 6 with 1658 viewswood_hoop

Also might just be that a more attacking style is ony really acceptable, JFH being sacked after a draw, not exactly in a table position where relegation is looking a nigh on certainty, comes across very much for whatever reason JFH could/would not adapt a higher degree of attacking play, any mananager coming in I doubt will worry that much about getting the bullet a year later, that is very much part and parcel of today's game no matter what club you end up in, remit will be to try and get promotion, failing that at least get your side looking like they have a chance of winning whoever they might be playing, outside Newcastle is there any club in the division that looks way and above the rest ?
The truth about JFH's spending. on 14:34 - Nov 6 with 1641 viewsElHoop

I think that everybody wanted a younger and more committed squad with some potential. I'm not convinced that we've got one or that we are particularly underachieving, in which case the problem isn't necessarily JFH or his successor come to that, if and when the same problem occurs (likely).

I agree that nothing much was lost from keeping him to the end of the season, certainly if the playing style changed to something more positive, particularly at home. However, when I've seen the side they simply haven't looked capable of scoring, in which case a complete disaster could loom before us if things go badly. What none of us presumably knows is who actually determines the tactics in the first place, and whether the rebuilding of the squad is being performed in line with those tactics. It's looking potentially very messy indeed now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024