Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry Abuse 09:45 - Dec 2 with 12125 views08olesen

I was disgusted by some of our fans last night. It made me truly embarrassed to be an 'Rs fan. How the hell does booing a lad before he has even touched the ball help him. We have had the likes of Bosingwa, Park and Cisse come through this club in recent years, and Karl Henry is the one getting the abuse. Yes fans have a right to say what they want, but i think we have a very spoiled fan base at this point. Please, lets try and turn this around and make Loftus Road somewhere where we actually want to be, because at the moment im starting to question why i go when there is such a negative atmosphere from so many people in the ground.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Karl Henry Abuse on 18:41 - Dec 2 with 1887 viewsJeff

Karl Henry Abuse on 16:55 - Dec 2 by Esox_Lucius

As he had just put a right meaty challenge on Stearman in the Wolves 6 yard box before he was substituted and didn't look knackered to me, slow yes, but knackered, no, I began wondering if the reputed appearance money is only due if he completes 90 minutes and he has agreed to waive his chances by coming off early but at least getting some playing time. After he went off Wolves started to take hold of the midfield and, IMO, Sandro was our best player after Smithies. Just a thought.

immediately after that thunderous challenge on Stearman in the Wolves 6 yard line he took an absolute age to get back into position, and was stood with his hands on his knees in the centre circle absolutely out of it for an age afterwards. he barely left the centre circle again before being subbed...

Can we not knock it?

Karl Henry Abuse on 19:10 - Dec 2 with 1856 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll never understand it.

I shouted 'get him off' once regarding Dexter who was having a very lazy game at LR about 10 years ago.

I'd have been more mobile and I smoke and drink. (not joking)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Karl Henry Abuse on 21:16 - Dec 4 with 1710 viewsTacticalR

'Sports psychologist Michael Caulfield explains that a "boo culture" has developed that affects the way crowds respond. "The research in all walks of life regarding negativity is compelling. We are now almost wired to complain, protest, find fault, humiliate and look for the negative in a story, and this has spread to football," Caulfield says. The result is that home crowds are more likely to turn on their team rather than give them unconditional support. "If the away team takes the lead, the home fans moan, go quiet, or even leave."

This has also affected the approach of managers, as they now have to make a concerted effort to gain the backing of their own fans. In Caulfield's experience as a psychologist, working with Steve Bruce, Mike Phelan and Gareth Southgate among others, he has witnessed a change in attitude. "For home games, I often hear them say to players 'get the crowd with you' whereas in the past, you didn't have to do that, you just supported your team, even if they were playing poorly. Actually, particularly if they were playing poorly."

This fundamental shift in the mindset of supporters has eroded the advantages of playing at home as the raucous backing of previous years has largely been replaced by a mixture of apathy and disaffection. West Ham's teething problems may be part of this larger trend rather than just an aversion to their new ground, so the club should give Bilic a little leeway as they seek home comforts.'

West Ham, Arsenal and lessons for football clubs who move grounds
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2016/dec/03/west-

Air hostess clique

Karl Henry Abuse on 01:22 - Dec 5 with 1652 viewstimcocking

It is an absolute disgrace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024