Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... 07:38 - Dec 28 with 8123 viewsSwaneeRiver

To keep us up.
Too many have turned against him, yet deep down he is a Swans fan and it must hurt him.
I honestly believe he will appoint the right man and give him the tools to keep us up
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 15:29 - Dec 28 with 1032 viewsjack247

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 13:41 - Dec 28 by Bloodyhills

Players are also appointments.

True. I said earlier on (I think it was this thread) he had a good track record of appointing managers but was awful with players.
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:04 - Dec 29 with 945 viewsStarsky

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 15:29 - Dec 28 by jack247

True. I said earlier on (I think it was this thread) he had a good track record of appointing managers but was awful with players.

You think?
His track record lately has been diabolical.

It's just the internet, init.

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:20 - Dec 29 with 935 viewsLoyal

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 08:14 - Dec 28 by waynekerr55

Yeah, such a fan.

The cūnt didn't even watch us before he fell into his position of power

It does pain me to fall down on his side mate but HJ has always been there, massive swans fan 😂
Seriously, we all used to stand together on the NB, he wasn't always at away games but he was never far away at home.

As an aside I think the OP is right, but as cheaply as possible. Which will probably be the failing of us.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:24 - Dec 29 with 928 viewsLoyal

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 10:26 - Dec 28 by jojaca

Just let the guy get on and do his job and appoint a decent manager. If we stay up this season all will be forgiven.

I fcking don't think so 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:29 - Dec 29 with 928 viewsDJack

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:24 - Dec 29 by Loyal

I fcking don't think so 😂

Is the correct answer.

And if he appoints Giggs then he IMMEDIATELY needs running out of town. If he appoints our best manager ever he still needs pushing out of the club for his deeds of the last couple of years.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 03:12 - Dec 29 with 837 viewsStarsky

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:29 - Dec 29 by DJack

Is the correct answer.

And if he appoints Giggs then he IMMEDIATELY needs running out of town. If he appoints our best manager ever he still needs pushing out of the club for his deeds of the last couple of years.

If he appoints Giggs then I'm running out of town... and taking the wife with me
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 11:07]

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 05:35 - Dec 29 with 816 viewsjack247

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 01:04 - Dec 29 by Starsky

You think?
His track record lately has been diabolical.

Which ones?

Appointment means at the time, some (Monk in particular) went past their sell by date and should have been replaced sooner, but all did the job they were initially brought in to do. You can argue fairly about Guidolins second appointment. Only a complete idiot would argue about him last season. Let's not pretend Bob was Jenkins choice.

Just to clarify, I still think Huw Jenkins is a tw@t, I'm just capable of detaching that when assessing his managerial appointments.
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 08:08 - Dec 29 with 778 viewsKilkennyjack

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 15:24 - Dec 28 by waynekerr55

Yeah, such a great fan...

See Gibson, S. At Middlesborough for an example of a PROPER fan who gives a shït about his club.

If that prick had anything about him he would have walked by now.

Great point Wayne

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 08:29 - Dec 29 with 758 viewsbarry_island

I think Jenkins has done all he can for us... Enough is enough.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 09:22 - Dec 29 with 716 viewsStarsky

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 05:35 - Dec 29 by jack247

Which ones?

Appointment means at the time, some (Monk in particular) went past their sell by date and should have been replaced sooner, but all did the job they were initially brought in to do. You can argue fairly about Guidolins second appointment. Only a complete idiot would argue about him last season. Let's not pretend Bob was Jenkins choice.

Just to clarify, I still think Huw Jenkins is a tw@t, I'm just capable of detaching that when assessing his managerial appointments.

The Sacking of Laudrup (the way it was done) was the start.
Every manager signed and released was a mistake in one way or another resulting in us paying £7-10 million in contract pay ups to Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin & Bradley.
The real mistake is losing the possession game that enabled us to compete with average players.
Think about it, We finished mid table with the likes of Gower & Monk (as a player).

All this bollocks of not being able to compete while we had the big latest Sky money increase.

And the following mistakes this season regarding player signings:
1: Didn't sell Ki to Stoke for £7 million (which meant they went for Joe Allen instead)
2: Not signing Joe Allen or the likes of Bony who could have linked up well with Siggy
3: Selling Ayew, Williams and Gomis then splashing £27 million on Borja, Lloriente, Van Der Valk and Mowson, which has sent us to the bottom of the table.
4: Huw is losing us money by buying cheap then buying twice, including managers.

Huw has admitted he took his eye off the ball and its cost us £millions.

Edit... Van Der Valk... A deliberate attempt to follow in the footsteps of Dewijacks humour ;)
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 10:29]

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 10:21 - Dec 29 with 666 viewsbarry_island

I don't think his eye has been off the till for the last year.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 17:36 - Dec 29 with 597 viewsjack247

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 09:22 - Dec 29 by Starsky

The Sacking of Laudrup (the way it was done) was the start.
Every manager signed and released was a mistake in one way or another resulting in us paying £7-10 million in contract pay ups to Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin & Bradley.
The real mistake is losing the possession game that enabled us to compete with average players.
Think about it, We finished mid table with the likes of Gower & Monk (as a player).

All this bollocks of not being able to compete while we had the big latest Sky money increase.

And the following mistakes this season regarding player signings:
1: Didn't sell Ki to Stoke for £7 million (which meant they went for Joe Allen instead)
2: Not signing Joe Allen or the likes of Bony who could have linked up well with Siggy
3: Selling Ayew, Williams and Gomis then splashing £27 million on Borja, Lloriente, Van Der Valk and Mowson, which has sent us to the bottom of the table.
4: Huw is losing us money by buying cheap then buying twice, including managers.

Edit... Van Der Valk... A deliberate attempt to follow in the footsteps of Dewijacks humour ;)
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 10:29]

I agree with most of that Starsk. Sacking a manager after 18 months doesn't mean he was a bad appointment though. Not sure what the average PL shelf life is, but Wenger aside it's probably not much more than that. More get sacked than retire or move to a bigger club.

The mistakes with them were:

Laudrup - depending how you look at it, either not backing him with the funds he wanted to take us to the next level after massively overachieving in his first season or not acting soon enough when he practically gave up in his second season.

Monk - As you said, not realising he was changing our style of play to something' more bog standard that would bring finances even more into focus long term. If you play the same way as everyone else, you are competing for the same players and invariably getting outbid for useful ones. Up until then we had been able to pick up players others didn't want that suited our style. Obviously taking over recruitment and doing it terribly didn't help. Would have been a riot if we'd sacked him after finishing 8th. The seeds were sewn for what happened next though and we hung onto him for too long.

Guidolin - taking most of the quality out of the squad in the summer. He did a phenomenal job last season, even if the football was boring. He made the best out of the players he had.

Bradley - I'd hope to god this was a vanity project by Steve and Jase. If Jenkins appointed him he has lost the plot. He also should have been sacked after the Tottenham embarrassment.

Totally agree the change of style has cost us massively.
Totally agree the player recruitment (include selling Ayew, and Williams without adequately replacing them, not selling Ki, not buying quality like Allen, in that) has been utterly shambolic.

Just to re-emphasise, I think he is a massive money grabbing tw@t and I'd love him to leave the club and the city. I do expect him to bring in a decent manager if Steve and Jase keep out of it though.
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 19:32 - Dec 29 with 545 viewsblackflyingswan

We cannot go on like this. BB has to go NOW .We need to change the manager straight away.before Christmas . WE need a center half, a general in midfield and a skillful forward,Plus a attacking fullback. We don`t have the time to p**s about. It has to happen .
soon. Or we are DOWN.
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 19:39 - Dec 29 with 526 viewsKingBony

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 17:36 - Dec 29 by jack247

I agree with most of that Starsk. Sacking a manager after 18 months doesn't mean he was a bad appointment though. Not sure what the average PL shelf life is, but Wenger aside it's probably not much more than that. More get sacked than retire or move to a bigger club.

The mistakes with them were:

Laudrup - depending how you look at it, either not backing him with the funds he wanted to take us to the next level after massively overachieving in his first season or not acting soon enough when he practically gave up in his second season.

Monk - As you said, not realising he was changing our style of play to something' more bog standard that would bring finances even more into focus long term. If you play the same way as everyone else, you are competing for the same players and invariably getting outbid for useful ones. Up until then we had been able to pick up players others didn't want that suited our style. Obviously taking over recruitment and doing it terribly didn't help. Would have been a riot if we'd sacked him after finishing 8th. The seeds were sewn for what happened next though and we hung onto him for too long.

Guidolin - taking most of the quality out of the squad in the summer. He did a phenomenal job last season, even if the football was boring. He made the best out of the players he had.

Bradley - I'd hope to god this was a vanity project by Steve and Jase. If Jenkins appointed him he has lost the plot. He also should have been sacked after the Tottenham embarrassment.

Totally agree the change of style has cost us massively.
Totally agree the player recruitment (include selling Ayew, and Williams without adequately replacing them, not selling Ki, not buying quality like Allen, in that) has been utterly shambolic.

Just to re-emphasise, I think he is a massive money grabbing tw@t and I'd love him to leave the club and the city. I do expect him to bring in a decent manager if Steve and Jase keep out of it though.

Steve and Jase ?? Hi Mr Pearlman, thanks for my swans crimbo pyjamas mush 😂😂

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 19:40 - Dec 29 with 526 viewsStarsky

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can ... on 19:32 - Dec 29 by blackflyingswan

We cannot go on like this. BB has to go NOW .We need to change the manager straight away.before Christmas . WE need a center half, a general in midfield and a skillful forward,Plus a attacking fullback. We don`t have the time to p**s about. It has to happen .
soon. Or we are DOWN.

Erm... he has gone

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 19:58 - Dec 29 with 491 viewsjack247

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 19:39 - Dec 29 by KingBony

Steve and Jase ?? Hi Mr Pearlman, thanks for my swans crimbo pyjamas mush 😂😂

It's meant in a patronising tone, because they are inept minges. May not read like that I suppose.
I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 478 viewsKingBony

I think Jenkins Will do All He Can... on 19:58 - Dec 29 by jack247

It's meant in a patronising tone, because they are inept minges. May not read like that I suppose.

I'm only jesting mate, I found it funny that's all no offence 👍

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024