Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tanser 12:30 - Jan 27 with 8269 viewsleedsdale

Tanser on 09:02 - Jan 28 with 3054 views1907

This shows the quality of the crop we have produced over recent years. The amount of prospects that have succeeded compared to the ones that fell away. I remember when the quality of the academy was the likes of Clive Moyo-Modise, Gary Brown etc. Shows how far we have come in the last 11 years.

Tanser undoubtedly has potential, but for me he never progressed physically or mentally. Camps has developed into a real presence on the pitch, something that Tanser probably never will.
Tanser on 09:39 - Jan 28 with 2955 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Tanser on 20:02 - Jan 27 by rochedale

Good luck Scott. If you can reproduce performances of a similar ilk to the Coventry game a while back, you will undoubtably do very well.

Yeah, but if he plays only like he did last Saturday, and that's it, he won't.
;)
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 9:41]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Tanser on 09:55 - Jan 28 with 2918 viewsLaveritty

Strange how this has turned out and I am genuinely sorry to see him go. Thought he was outstanding when he first broke into the team and had a good run of games at centre half at the start of a season (not sure but think it might have been our first season back in League 1 - August 2014?). He had a calm and composed nature and was good in the tackle. At the time I really believed he would go on to bigger and better things and in the process generate pots of money in transfer fees for the club. Sadly for some reason that has not happened and his time at Dale has come to an end. Good luck Scott - hope you get back to your best and recapture the form of a couple of years ago.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happenā€¦

Tanser on 10:27 - Jan 28 with 2864 viewsSaxonDale

Tanser on 09:55 - Jan 28 by Laveritty

Strange how this has turned out and I am genuinely sorry to see him go. Thought he was outstanding when he first broke into the team and had a good run of games at centre half at the start of a season (not sure but think it might have been our first season back in League 1 - August 2014?). He had a calm and composed nature and was good in the tackle. At the time I really believed he would go on to bigger and better things and in the process generate pots of money in transfer fees for the club. Sadly for some reason that has not happened and his time at Dale has come to an end. Good luck Scott - hope you get back to your best and recapture the form of a couple of years ago.

Great post Laveritty. It's a real shame and proof if it was ever needed of how quickly a career path can change. Allen excluded I don't think any of our youth prospects fitted in so immediately and comfortably as Tanner did in his first few games for us and Hilly must've been excited as he gave him in effect a three year contract, something which we rarely do.

After he was moved to left back he always seemed as if he was short of space, and struggled with the 'corridor running' which the position needs, all of a sudden not looking as comfortable in possession. It's a tough comparison but one which is only natural, but Bunney has had more impact from left back in 6 months than Tanser managed in all his time here. At 22 the next few years will ultimately define Tanser's career, and sitting on the bench will do him no favours. I wish him all the best at Vale.
Tanser on 11:00 - Jan 28 with 2805 viewsLaveritty

Also I think it is widely presumed or acknowledged that Tanser was probably one of those that Hill was referring to when he mentioned a couple of players who 'declined' to go out on loan to get game time around 12 months ago! If so he probably didn't do himself any favours in terms of improving fitness and match sharpness and he certainly would have lost the trust and confidence of his manager. Wonder whether, with hindsight, Scott regrets that decision now? Hope he can show Vale what we saw in him a few years ago (apart from when we play them of course!)

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happenā€¦

Tanser on 18:45 - Jan 28 with 2593 viewsboromat

He started today and very nearly upset league leaders away. They were one nil up at half time. And 2-1 up before scunny turned it around. Just dawned on me it Colin G may have had something to do with him going there (ie he will have known how much we were paying him etc)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tanser on 18:55 - Jan 28 with 2562 viewsD_Alien

Tanser on 18:45 - Jan 28 by boromat

He started today and very nearly upset league leaders away. They were one nil up at half time. And 2-1 up before scunny turned it around. Just dawned on me it Colin G may have had something to do with him going there (ie he will have known how much we were paying him etc)

Good shout about CG

It's more than possible his knowledge of Tanser will have been instrumental in the deal, although I don't think wages would've been an issue as much as having potential

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tanser on 12:31 - Feb 6 with 2133 viewsdingdangblue

Played the full game for Port Vale v Peterborough.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Tanser on 12:48 - Feb 6 with 2058 viewsaleanddale

Tanser on 12:31 - Feb 6 by dingdangblue

Played the full game for Port Vale v Peterborough.

And vale got trounced!!

vale look like they could be the get out of jail card that bury need!!
Tanser on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 2040 viewsTVOS1907

Tanser on 12:48 - Feb 6 by aleanddale

And vale got trounced!!

Played the full game at Scunthorpe the previous week too when they lost 3-2.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tanser on 13:43 - Feb 6 with 1888 viewsTipperaryDale

Reading Port Vale's forum; comments such as "Tanser looking like exactly what he is: a Rochdale reserve" don't exactly fill me with confidence for this future career.

My money's on Port Vale to go down this year, seems they have done terribly out of the Jan transfer window.
Tanser on 14:56 - Feb 6 with 1736 viewsD_Alien

Tanser on 13:43 - Feb 6 by TipperaryDale

Reading Port Vale's forum; comments such as "Tanser looking like exactly what he is: a Rochdale reserve" don't exactly fill me with confidence for this future career.

My money's on Port Vale to go down this year, seems they have done terribly out of the Jan transfer window.

And that's after his third league game in... how long?

After COG's third game for us, many of us were thinking "nowt special at all"

Don't get me wrong, Tanser is never going to uproot any trees but give the lad a break and chance to settle down at his new club

[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 14:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tanser on 15:06 - Feb 6 with 1695 views100notout

Tanser on 14:56 - Feb 6 by D_Alien

And that's after his third league game in... how long?

After COG's third game for us, many of us were thinking "nowt special at all"

Don't get me wrong, Tanser is never going to uproot any trees but give the lad a break and chance to settle down at his new club

[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 14:59]

Don't worry about it - when he starts doing well some people will be asking if we have a sell on clause!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tanser on 15:10 - Feb 6 with 1681 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Tanser on 12:48 - Feb 6 by aleanddale

And vale got trounced!!

If bury keep up their form since September, plus Chris Brass having won 6 of his last 60 games as manager, two draws should see Vale finish higher than the buckets!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024