Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English 11:33 - Mar 14 with 8690 viewspomanjou

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 13:19 - Mar 14 with 5752 viewsBrightonhoop

Why would you want to kick the Scots out of the Union Pom when they already want out? Why is May seeking to block them when they offer so little to contribute to the UK economy and if anything cost England a small fortune? Why is May standing in there way? Surely a strong, intelligent and capable leader would just say ok off you fck. Like Brexit Sctosxit is scotsxit surely, or are the English Welshing?

Good luck with relocating Faslane to the Liverpool docks too, still plenty of jobs to go around. Surely a win win.

Sin Fein seeking out too, there's a small risk of course that will trigger a new 300 year war with Irish Republicans and the Welsh want out to. The Good Friday Agreement ratified by both countries seems to allow NI to remain in the eu if UK leaves. Oh dear.

Give it a decade and Normal for Norfolk will be Westminster Policy and the most feared Regiment in the British Army will be the Dorset Dancing Morris Men.

But carry on, all's rosey post Brexit. Send in the clowns. Oh hang on....
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 13:23]
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 15:17 - Mar 14 with 5626 viewsSonofNorfolt

Can't we let Manchester leave instead? I prefer Glasgow to there.

Can't we kill the idiots who created this mess?

I believe these are just as reasonable as the requests that have been granted in the last couple of years.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 22:45 - Mar 14 with 5411 viewsDWQPR

Personally I would like May to delay any referendum until after Brexit to let them sweat a bit, say let them have their game in 2020. But, tell them that referendum 2 also means the end of the Barnett Formula whatever the outcome. Might start to concentrate their minds a bit more, certainly would see the end of free university and prescriptions.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 23:50 - Mar 14 with 5359 viewsBrightonhoop

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 22:45 - Mar 14 by DWQPR

Personally I would like May to delay any referendum until after Brexit to let them sweat a bit, say let them have their game in 2020. But, tell them that referendum 2 also means the end of the Barnett Formula whatever the outcome. Might start to concentrate their minds a bit more, certainly would see the end of free university and prescriptions.

More likely to see Edinburgh usurp London and NYC as the worlds financial Centre.
EU would gladly take them in on a Prestrige Euro city alone for bankers. I dont think London knows how fcked it is.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 00:05 - Mar 15 with 5335 viewsBoston

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 23:50 - Mar 14 by Brightonhoop

More likely to see Edinburgh usurp London and NYC as the worlds financial Centre.
EU would gladly take them in on a Prestrige Euro city alone for bankers. I dont think London knows how fcked it is.

Whatever your business is Brighton, it isn't Business.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 06:18 - Mar 15 with 5272 viewsDWQPR

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 23:50 - Mar 14 by Brightonhoop

Your having a laugh Jim. Standard Life has previously said they would move south if the Scots left. As for London, in the last six weeks alone both Deutsche Bank and Unicredit has used the City of London to raise debt. London will more than survive outside the EU. As for Scotland they will never return to the EU, Spanish alone will see to that. They will be a country without a currency, will need to raise funding quickly on back of no previous credit and currently run a deficit much higher than the rest of the U.K. Oh, and I won't hold my breath for the day that oil returns to above $60 a barrel. Ten years time we will all be driving electric cars OPEC know this and will start pumping the black stuff as quick as possible as they know they are on a schedule of diminishing returns.

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 07:22 - Mar 15 with 5229 viewspomanjou

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 13:19 - Mar 14 by Brightonhoop

Why would you want to kick the Scots out of the Union Pom when they already want out? Why is May seeking to block them when they offer so little to contribute to the UK economy and if anything cost England a small fortune? Why is May standing in there way? Surely a strong, intelligent and capable leader would just say ok off you fck. Like Brexit Sctosxit is scotsxit surely, or are the English Welshing?

Good luck with relocating Faslane to the Liverpool docks too, still plenty of jobs to go around. Surely a win win.

Sin Fein seeking out too, there's a small risk of course that will trigger a new 300 year war with Irish Republicans and the Welsh want out to. The Good Friday Agreement ratified by both countries seems to allow NI to remain in the eu if UK leaves. Oh dear.

Give it a decade and Normal for Norfolk will be Westminster Policy and the most feared Regiment in the British Army will be the Dorset Dancing Morris Men.

But carry on, all's rosey post Brexit. Send in the clowns. Oh hang on....
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 13:23]

The answer to your question is to take back the initiative and actually get rid of them rather than just leaving it to chance. If they don't go now the issue will fester for decades, draining financial and intellectual resources for no good reason. Scotland is a busted flush with oil in its last decade or two and scotch a declining market.

As for your preposterous suggestion that Edinburgh be a world financial centre, words fail me.

Brighton, you are getting addled by to much sun and too many barking dogs.

Best wishes,

Pom

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 08:24 - Mar 15 with 5162 viewsconnell10

Who cares im sick of the whole thing now.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 08:53 - Mar 15 with 5118 viewsShotKneesHoop

Yorkshire wants home rule too!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 09:09 - Mar 15 with 5089 viewspomanjou

So does Pinner and I hear a whisper from Wealdstone.....

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 09:59 - Mar 15 with 5022 viewsstumbleandfall

Between Pom's lovely poll and and DWQPR post, I'll never work out why about half the Scots want Independence.

Disunited Kingdom.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 10:35 - Mar 15 with 4997 viewsDeepcutHoop

Politics has really got much more unpleasant in the last few years hasn't it?
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 10:57 - Mar 15 with 4970 viewsDannytheR

At this stage of the game I'm not sure why, as individuals, we shouldn't be able to legally choose whether to stay onboard this particular boat. I'm not sure what the argument would be against people now being given a one-off chance to either accept what looks like it will be an English passport, or to take some other kind of citizenship.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 11:02 - Mar 15 with 4959 viewsderbyhoop

I admired the cheek of Sturgeon calling for Indyref2 on the day Parliament finally approved the Article 50 legislation. I also think it is quite clever to call for it to occur, after the negotiations, but before the UK leaves the EU.

I'm not convinced that the Scots would vote for independence. If anything, the economics have moved against the SNP since 2014. Against that, is the way that Theresa May has sidelined the devolved governments, generating considerable resentment.

Ireland provides a completely different case. The implications of Brexit for the Irish border seems to be an impossible task to reconcile. Border control in the North will come up against freedom of movement in the South. However, there isn't yet a decisive push towards a United Ireland. I wouldn't rule out that happening in my lifetime, though.

The referendum has proved unbelievably divisive and I think the Union of 4 nations is under greater pressure than ever before.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 12:55 - Mar 15 with 4830 viewsTacticalR

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 10:35 - Mar 15 by DeepcutHoop

Politics has really got much more unpleasant in the last few years hasn't it?

We are definitely showing Yugoslavian tendencies.

Air hostess clique

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:14 - Mar 15 with 4689 viewskarl

Always laugh at these threads, Brighton is typical - doesn't choose to live in England but gets affronted by some calling for a democratic choice to leave! Couldn't make it up, just waiting for Timcocking to throw in his xenophobic tuppence worth.
We could also wait for the lad who used to post on here slagging off the sponging sweaties? Problem is he lives in Orkney now so I don't suppose that argument holds water anymore haha what a f#cling joke!
The fact is the SE of England is the economic powerhouse of the economy but all the outlying areas have become nursing homes for your old relatives, if any of you can honestly say you don't have retired relatives who moved somewhere quieter and cheaper to live yet use the local services in a nett negative balance to their financial input then in my eyes you can shut up about subsidising us, we're overloaded with retired people with money buying up property and putting little wealth into the economy so how can we be nett providers to the economy?
It's a a UK problem and until people lose the greed of blaming all their ills on so called spongers it won't be cured and disadvantaged areas will look for alternative answers
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:27 - Mar 15 with 4675 viewsBrightonhoop

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 07:22 - Mar 15 by pomanjou

The answer to your question is to take back the initiative and actually get rid of them rather than just leaving it to chance. If they don't go now the issue will fester for decades, draining financial and intellectual resources for no good reason. Scotland is a busted flush with oil in its last decade or two and scotch a declining market.

As for your preposterous suggestion that Edinburgh be a world financial centre, words fail me.

Brighton, you are getting addled by to much sun and too many barking dogs.

Best wishes,

Pom

haha We'll see. If Scotalnd can get itself Independent and back into the EU in the next four to five years, an English speaking Capital City as a Finance centre could suddenly start to look attractive.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 4624 viewsTacticalR

@Brightonhoop 'Like Brexit Sctosxit is scotsxit surely'

I believe the term is 'Joxit'.

Air hostess clique

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:56 - Mar 15 with 4619 viewsDejR_vu

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:27 - Mar 15 by Brightonhoop

haha We'll see. If Scotalnd can get itself Independent and back into the EU in the next four to five years, an English speaking Capital City as a Finance centre could suddenly start to look attractive.

Do they not speak English in Dublin? Surely, if your theory is correct Dublin would be the obvious destination given it's already in the EU, rather than waiting for Edinburgh?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:06 - Mar 15 with 4595 viewsTacticalR

Does anyone know if the Queen would be expelled from Balmoral in the eventuality of Joxit?

Air hostess clique

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:11 - Mar 15 with 4585 viewsBrightonhoop

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:56 - Mar 15 by DejR_vu

Do they not speak English in Dublin? Surely, if your theory is correct Dublin would be the obvious destination given it's already in the EU, rather than waiting for Edinburgh?

Yes to a point, but Edinburgh could well undercut Dublin and there is more prestige in Royal connections etc which Dublin cannot compete with. An Indy Scot in the EU is highly marketable.

@Karl, my children still live and work in the UK so why wouldn't I have a view despite living in Spain? I still pay taxes into the UK too and get fck all back. Stupid ignorant comment. Re the economy, the whole thing now rely on Banks in the City and Canary Wharf and they are busy making plans to exit post Brexit. The economic contraction for the UK or whatever remains of it, is going to be one heck of a shock. Which will be a disaster for the population old and young.
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:16 - Mar 15 with 4579 viewsShotKneesHoop

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 17:14 - Mar 15 by karl

Always laugh at these threads, Brighton is typical - doesn't choose to live in England but gets affronted by some calling for a democratic choice to leave! Couldn't make it up, just waiting for Timcocking to throw in his xenophobic tuppence worth.
We could also wait for the lad who used to post on here slagging off the sponging sweaties? Problem is he lives in Orkney now so I don't suppose that argument holds water anymore haha what a f#cling joke!
The fact is the SE of England is the economic powerhouse of the economy but all the outlying areas have become nursing homes for your old relatives, if any of you can honestly say you don't have retired relatives who moved somewhere quieter and cheaper to live yet use the local services in a nett negative balance to their financial input then in my eyes you can shut up about subsidising us, we're overloaded with retired people with money buying up property and putting little wealth into the economy so how can we be nett providers to the economy?
It's a a UK problem and until people lose the greed of blaming all their ills on so called spongers it won't be cured and disadvantaged areas will look for alternative answers

What local services??? There's phoook hall here in West Norfolk. I live in a village where all the shops and pubs within three miles have closed, as has the post office. Marples and Beeching did for the train services, so there's the A47 single lane road full of lorries. Doctors appointments are a month ahead, there's no crime because there's phook hall to nick, and the local criminals can't be arsed to steal anymore.

I grow my own veg, the meat is roadkill. The nearest local is three miles away on a bike and there they offer fantastic real ales at £3 a pint, 3 course Sunday lunch at £11.

And yes, most people living here are retired from the South East and other well off areas who have downsized and are living on a pension which they grafted for. All we get is the bins emptied every other week.

Do you know what? I quite foooking like it like that. And we cost bugger all to run.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:39 - Mar 15 with 4542 viewskarl

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:11 - Mar 15 by Brightonhoop

Yes to a point, but Edinburgh could well undercut Dublin and there is more prestige in Royal connections etc which Dublin cannot compete with. An Indy Scot in the EU is highly marketable.

@Karl, my children still live and work in the UK so why wouldn't I have a view despite living in Spain? I still pay taxes into the UK too and get fck all back. Stupid ignorant comment. Re the economy, the whole thing now rely on Banks in the City and Canary Wharf and they are busy making plans to exit post Brexit. The economic contraction for the UK or whatever remains of it, is going to be one heck of a shock. Which will be a disaster for the population old and young.

Never mentioned taxes
we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:51 - Mar 15 with 4520 viewsDWQPR

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English on 18:11 - Mar 15 by Brightonhoop

Jim, you pay taxes in the UK because it is in your interests, as the tax system is more beneficial than the Spanish tax system. The Spanish government could argue that they get fck all from you whilst providing a country to live in. Opt to pay your taxes in Spain then you can get rid of your resentment of not getting your value for money from the UK.

And I am still laughing at your suggestion that Edinburgh could become the replacement for London. Check on the internet about Deutsche Bank and Unicredit raising debt in London, surely especially for Deutsche Bank the financial centre of choice given that London is about to implode would be Frankfurt? Makes sense doesn't it.

Scotland will never return to the EU, even the SNP today are now thinking that is the likelihood. Spain wont let them and reading today it is unlikely Belgium would or Greece. The best that they could achieve would be EFTA. But then that would involve huge costs that they could not afford and free movement of people, which would then mean establishing a proper border north of Hadrians Wall. Scotland is becoming a financial mess at the hands of the SNP and their one aim manifesto.

we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English (n/t) on 18:56 - Mar 15 with 4509 viewskarl

[Post edited 15 Mar 2017 19:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024