Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onouha 20:10 - Apr 17 with 4601 viewsHunterhoop

Like daveb always says, everyone gets better for not being in the team. But, Christ alive, for those of you who think we're better without him, today was categorical evidence to the contrary.

Our back 3 in the first half, back 4 in the second, was clear evidence he has been holding it together not the weakness!

Bidwell is no more a centre half than my left testicle is a world class physician. Wtf was that clearance shank for their first?! And how do you get manhandled by Hooper all game?! Have some self respect. Smash him.

Lynch was all over the shop. Their second goal he gave a soft free kick through stupidity, then got under the ball allowing his man a header at goal, which Smithies saved but they scored the rebound.

All game, all over the shop.

Bidwell treated like a rag doll by the Wednesday forwards.

I'll give a sh*t about Onouha's ball playing when we have Barcelona's back four down at the Loft.

He's our best defender.

The rest of the nonsense, pah! Luongo was exceptional. The rest? Blah.

The system and personnel to start? Ollie, have a word with yourself.
Onouha on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 3856 viewsdigswellhoop

CORRECT
Onouha on 04:26 - Apr 18 with 3741 viewsNZR

We were forced two play Bidwell out of position and bring Robinson (who's barely started this season) into the squad. This isn't "categorical evidence to the contrary" - it simply shows we don't have the depth in the squad to deal with 2 CB's being injured.

Apples and oranges.
Onouha on 05:51 - Apr 18 with 3713 viewsHitch

'Paging Dr L Scrotum to emergency Room 2 please'.
Onouha on 06:19 - Apr 18 with 3686 viewsRuislipHoop

Yes i agree, our defence was brilliant in the previous four games,we looked like we were never going to concede.
Onouha on 06:38 - Apr 18 with 3650 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Been saying those paid to defend are questionable at best, poor in the main. This is where Olly needs to focus and once he has, he then needs to focus on the concept of a settled side!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Onouha on 08:23 - Apr 18 with 3520 viewsHunterhoop

It's categorical evidence Onouha out of the team solves nothing (as several on social media were proclaiming before ko).

I think it's clear as daylight he's our best defender. Yes, he has his weaknesses on the ball, but first and foremost his job is to defend. He is by no means perfect, but he's perfectly good enough for us in this league. His mistakes get amplified by some beyond all reasonable logic. Just look at Lynch's performance. If Onouha had played like that people would be screaming blue murder. He was dreadful. Oh, and he was the captain too. Bidwell simply showed how difficult playing CB is, and how Onouha's strengths go unrecognised. He got bullied all over the pitch and barely won a header.

We're a small to medium club in the Champonship. We have gone up with Onouha before at the heart of the defence. He is not the problem at the back. If you can't see that you're choosing not to.
Onouha on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 3498 viewsNZR

Onouha on 08:23 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

It's categorical evidence Onouha out of the team solves nothing (as several on social media were proclaiming before ko).

I think it's clear as daylight he's our best defender. Yes, he has his weaknesses on the ball, but first and foremost his job is to defend. He is by no means perfect, but he's perfectly good enough for us in this league. His mistakes get amplified by some beyond all reasonable logic. Just look at Lynch's performance. If Onouha had played like that people would be screaming blue murder. He was dreadful. Oh, and he was the captain too. Bidwell simply showed how difficult playing CB is, and how Onouha's strengths go unrecognised. He got bullied all over the pitch and barely won a header.

We're a small to medium club in the Champonship. We have gone up with Onouha before at the heart of the defence. He is not the problem at the back. If you can't see that you're choosing not to.

Just like you're choosing to put him on a pedestal based on one performance without him?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:35]
Onouha on 08:44 - Apr 18 with 3473 viewsHunterhoop

Onouha on 08:35 - Apr 18 by NZR

Just like you're choosing to put him on a pedestal based on one performance without him?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 8:35]

Read it again. No pedestal. And no agenda. Reasoned analysis, use of fact, and admitting he's flawed. Acknowledging who we are and where we are as a club to give context too. Not sure I could have been more balanced.

Explain how Lynch is better in your view. What about his game is stronger? What are your views on him getting too tight and giving away free kicks or getting rolled? What about his distribution? What about his positioning? What about his pace? Pray tell why you think him and Hall would fare best together when suffered our biggest home loss in history with them there, with almost all the goals coming down the middle, either scored or assisted by Shelvey?
Login to get fewer ads

Onouha on 08:49 - Apr 18 with 3456 viewsDorse

I've said previously that I think Onouha seems to be ideally suited to that vicious man-marking role played by Maddix in the past. Ned was outstanding in that role especially against Tammy 'Girl's Name' Abraham at home. I'm not defending his faults, I just think that in a three he could be detailed to deal with the most obvious threat - as long as the others are up to their jobs.

Yesterday also shows up the other issue within the squad - we need another CB. Not necessarily as a replacement but to support / rotate into the defence when needed. If we're playing three at the back for the majority of the season as well as pushing Hall further forward we simply cannot expect to do so with only three CBs in the First Team squad. Ollie / The Evil One will fix the problem in the close season. Hopefully.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Onouha on 08:51 - Apr 18 with 3452 viewsNZR

Onouha on 08:44 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Read it again. No pedestal. And no agenda. Reasoned analysis, use of fact, and admitting he's flawed. Acknowledging who we are and where we are as a club to give context too. Not sure I could have been more balanced.

Explain how Lynch is better in your view. What about his game is stronger? What are your views on him getting too tight and giving away free kicks or getting rolled? What about his distribution? What about his positioning? What about his pace? Pray tell why you think him and Hall would fare best together when suffered our biggest home loss in history with them there, with almost all the goals coming down the middle, either scored or assisted by Shelvey?

Ah, that old reasoned analysis with minimal fact but not letting it in get in the way of a good whinge?

Regarding Lynch, my comment (in the other thread mind) was that we looked comfortable with those two even considering their limited time to form a partnership. You've obviously misread and jumped to conclusions, but no surprises there right?
Onouha on 08:58 - Apr 18 with 3432 viewssmegma

Onouha on 04:26 - Apr 18 by NZR

We were forced two play Bidwell out of position and bring Robinson (who's barely started this season) into the squad. This isn't "categorical evidence to the contrary" - it simply shows we don't have the depth in the squad to deal with 2 CB's being injured.

Apples and oranges.

We were forced???
Onouha on 09:00 - Apr 18 with 3424 viewsNZR

Onouha on 08:58 - Apr 18 by smegma

We were forced???

Fair play. But with Ned and Hall injured, which other CB would you have elected we use for the played formation? Sure we could've gone with 3 at the back, but...we didn't...
Onouha on 09:01 - Apr 18 with 3417 viewsTacticalR

Onouha on 08:58 - Apr 18 by smegma

We were forced???

The hostages were released after the game.

Air hostess clique

Onouha on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 3387 viewssmegma

Onouha on 09:01 - Apr 18 by TacticalR

The hostages were released after the game.

We were forced to change the formation following his ridiculous sending off at Brighton. We won 2 on the trot without him. Of our defence, the only one I rate is Hall. Two many mistakes in the rest of them.

My original point being we were not being forced to play Bidwell and Robinson. We could've played any other formation than the one we started with whereby they both didn't appear to know what their role was. Both went missing at times and sometimes at the same time. The fact Ollie changed the formation about three times tells me he called it wrong every time.
Onouha on 09:42 - Apr 18 with 3325 viewsHunterhoop

Onouha on 08:51 - Apr 18 by NZR

Ah, that old reasoned analysis with minimal fact but not letting it in get in the way of a good whinge?

Regarding Lynch, my comment (in the other thread mind) was that we looked comfortable with those two even considering their limited time to form a partnership. You've obviously misread and jumped to conclusions, but no surprises there right?

When have I done that before? Intrigued.
Onouha on 09:47 - Apr 18 with 3312 viewsHunterhoop

Onouha on 09:00 - Apr 18 by NZR

Fair play. But with Ned and Hall injured, which other CB would you have elected we use for the played formation? Sure we could've gone with 3 at the back, but...we didn't...

Err...were you actually there?

We began 3 at the back (with two wing backs too). Lynch, with Perch and Bidwell either side. Petrasso was the right wing back (well, he tried to be) and Robinson was the left wing back.

It was 5-3-2. He changed it, and went to a back 4, just before half time.
Onouha on 09:54 - Apr 18 with 3286 viewssimmo

As per HH posts I think Chief is more than good enough for this league and especially for our place in it. Lynch for me has been very disappointing...

We definitely missed Onuoha and Hall on Monday, but our defence has not been good enough generally this season, even with JFH's 'deep, tight, narrow' mantra.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Onouha on 09:55 - Apr 18 with 3286 viewsdaveB

Lynch looks a liability at the moment, shame as I thought he'd be a good solid signing for us but he's been crap recently. We missed Ned yesterday, he's hopeless on the ball but always been a good defender and I think he'd have prevented the first goal
Onouha on 10:15 - Apr 18 with 3251 viewsDejR_vu

Onouha on 08:44 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

Lynch is donkey poo, as is Bidwell.

We appear to have a group of very ordinary defenders at the club (Hall apart, who now seems to be a midfielder). Either that or they are all being appallingly coached.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 10:18]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Onouha on 11:22 - Apr 18 with 3188 viewsHunterhoop

Onouha on 10:15 - Apr 18 by DejR_vu

Lynch is donkey poo, as is Bidwell.

We appear to have a group of very ordinary defenders at the club (Hall apart, who now seems to be a midfielder). Either that or they are all being appallingly coached.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 10:18]

That may be the case.

But we're QPR. We shouldn't and can't go out and spend £10m to bring in several far better centre halves. We need to work with what we have. Onouha is the best defender, in my view, certainly in the best two, so we need to work with that.

Incidentally. Our upturn in form after Holloway's first losing streak coincided with Curtis Fleming coming in and taking over the defence. So I'd suggest he at least improved the coaching. Perhaps not enough, mind. Although I suspect this latest run is down to Ollie's changes (you defend as a unit from the front as a unit), and other teams having more to play for.
Onouha on 16:09 - Apr 18 with 3044 viewsTacticalR

I am a long term Onuoha sceptic, mainly because he looks so uncomfortable on the ball, but I haven't found too much to complain about this season. Onuoha can defend at this level (most of the time). I think one thing that has made a big difference is having Smithies behind him - prior to that you never knew when the lethal combination of one of Onuoha's mishit backpasses and one of Green's rushes of blood to the head was going to lead to an own goal or some other ridiculous incident.

Air hostess clique

Onouha on 16:54 - Apr 18 with 3004 viewspaulparker

Goes to show how desperate we are that Captain Ned is our best defender
as for Lynch he has been poor lately , sluggish, unfit, gets turned easy and dives into tackles more often than that idiot perch , we need to get rid of these two and Robinson who looks shot if we can stay up ,also I wonder what Steven Oliver reed caulker was doing this weekend in our hour of need, 40large a week to nurse a hip flask , sorry hip injury , what an utter cnt this bloke is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Onouha on 17:06 - Apr 18 with 2980 viewsfrancisbowles

I agree with Hunter on Ned.

I would have thought that Bidwell would make a fair stab at cb and Robinson would be great as a wingback. On this performance neither is capable. In the first half Robinson was so far wide left when the ball was on the right of the pitch, that he was not only out of the game but left a huge gap between him and Bidwell.
Onouha on 23:32 - Apr 18 with 2860 viewsHitch

Onouha on 16:54 - Apr 18 by paulparker

Goes to show how desperate we are that Captain Ned is our best defender
as for Lynch he has been poor lately , sluggish, unfit, gets turned easy and dives into tackles more often than that idiot perch , we need to get rid of these two and Robinson who looks shot if we can stay up ,also I wonder what Steven Oliver reed caulker was doing this weekend in our hour of need, 40large a week to nurse a hip flask , sorry hip injury , what an utter cnt this bloke is

Sometimes, you make me laugh heartily.
Onouha on 00:15 - Apr 19 with 2844 viewsJigsore

as Hunterhoop said changing formation 3 times a game probably does tend to put your defence at unease. They weren't world beaters but were doing better before this most recent run of awful form

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024