Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar World Cup 08:06 - Jun 5 with 2763 viewsrbsranger

With news today that the Saudis and others have severed diplomatic ties with Qatar because its support of terrorism, I find it quite amusing that FIFA is now actually more bent than the dictatorships of the Arab world as they continue to support the ludicrous idea of a World Cup there in 5 years time....
Qatar World Cup on 09:00 - Jun 5 with 2686 viewsNorthernr

I'm still of the mind that this one will never go ahead, but I don't know how.
Qatar World Cup on 09:10 - Jun 5 with 2658 viewsjohncharles

I've never believed it would happen either. I think it's because it's preposterous. It's wrong in every way.

Strong and stable my arse.

Qatar World Cup on 09:11 - Jun 5 with 2654 viewsrobith

Russia and Qatar. Still can't really believe that happened
Qatar World Cup on 09:18 - Jun 5 with 2628 viewsNorthernr

Qatar World Cup on 09:11 - Jun 5 by robith

Russia and Qatar. Still can't really believe that happened

Yeh they weren't exactly subtle about it were they? Suddenly, as they're all getting a bit old and worried they won't be around for the next bidding, decide to award two World Cups at once and then give it to two of the most corrupt countries on the planet.
Qatar World Cup on 10:01 - Jun 5 with 2552 viewssmegma

Saudis have severed ties with Qatar over their support of terrorism ??? I bet the people of Yemen will sleep peacefully in their beds tonight. Or what's left of their beds.

This is a token gesture to appease their arse lickers May and Trump.Then they can sell them more weapons.
Qatar World Cup on 11:04 - Jun 5 with 2504 viewsTacticalR

On Qatar, as mentioned in the discussion about Manchester, in 2011 the British government reversed its policy of supporting Gaddafi and agreed with France and Qatar to assist in the overthrow of Gaddafi. The new policy was formulated by Chief of the Defence Staff General Sir David Richards, Defence Secretary Liam Fox, Foreign Secretary William Hague and David Cameron's chief of staff, Ed Llewellyn.

'Taking as his cue the March approval in principle for a training programme, Gen Richards had started a series of low profile visits to Doha, the capital of Qatar.

This Gulf emirate had taken a leading role in backing the NTC, and its defence chief was by June brokering an agreement with the UK and France to provide material back-up as well as training for the NTC.'

'Although plenty of people in Whitehall still remembered the March debacle [when local people captured SAS officers from E squadron and M16 officers], it was agreed to allow a limited number of British advisers to take a direct part in training and mentoring NTC units in Libya. Sources say the number of men sent from D Squadron of 22 SAS Regiment was capped at 24. They were performing their mission by late August.

While France and Qatar were ready to provide weapons directly, the UK was not. However, this made little practical difference since the SAS was operating closely with Qatar special forces who had reportedly delivered items such as Milan anti-tank missiles.'

Inside story of the UK's secret mission to beat Gaddafi
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16573516
[Post edited 5 Jun 2017 11:06]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024