Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celebrity picnics 11:18 - Jul 10 with 6689 viewsKonk

Is anyone else having problems with celebrity picnickers gravitating towards them when you’re out enjoying the sunshine with family and friends? Last weekend, we were having a picnic on Parliament Hill, when we became aware that Louis Theroux and family had pitched camp only a few feet away from us. Not only that, but they were then joined by Peter Serafinowicz, his wife Sarah Alexander and their children. They were then joined by James Delaney and his family. At this point, it was getting out of hand; is this the most celebrities ever to gather around a picnic blanket? The relevance of this? One of Louis Theroux’s sons was wearing a QPR away shirt — respect for supporting his local team.

Then, yesterday, we were up at Highgate Woods and it became apparent that Meera Syall and Sanjeev Bhaskar were hosting some sort of celebrations with a vast number of family and friends — right next to where we were sat. I should note that I was not a fan of Bhaskar’s ¾ length Adidas trackie bottoms. No-one was wearing a Rangers shirt.

Which people off the telly have you picnicked with this Summer?

PS. Whilst spending the day with the Syall/Bhaskar party, I was playing football with my 2 ½ year old son and rather than him just picking the ball up and running off, he finally got the concept of passing - tidy feet and great vision - used both feet without prompting too - and he asked me, “Which team do you like, Daddy?”, I said, “I like Fulham”, and he said, “I like Fulham too”. I was genuinely quite teary. This is a very important development as when I finish work in a couple of weeks, my wife is going to be giving me pocket money, and Fulham tickets and travel are meant to be coming out of that. However, now that my son officially supports Fulham, I can take him to games and secure funding from the Family bank account. Bingo. Chuffed to bits.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 11:34]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Celebrity picnics on 12:54 - Jul 11 with 1359 viewsTacticalR

Celebrity picnics on 12:45 - Jul 11 by BklynRanger

I've got some kind of celebrity blindness. Tina Turner could be working her way through a biriani on a rug beside me and I wouldn't notice.

Last week I managed to get stared in the face by David Attenborough and had to be told afterwards who it was - and I fcuking love that man. I put it down to a seriously bad stigmatism.

It looks like you don't have any future as a celeb spotter.

I wonder if there is a gap in the market for a celeb detection app to warn the public if celebs are preparing to swarm on a location such as Parliament Hill?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 12:54]

Air hostess clique

Celebrity picnics on 13:00 - Jul 11 with 1347 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 12:45 - Jul 11 by BklynRanger

I've got some kind of celebrity blindness. Tina Turner could be working her way through a biriani on a rug beside me and I wouldn't notice.

Last week I managed to get stared in the face by David Attenborough and had to be told afterwards who it was - and I fcuking love that man. I put it down to a seriously bad stigmatism.

My mate was introduced to the rugby player Jason Leonard, and asked him what he did for a living. At a testimonial dinner for Jason Leonard. To be fair, he was only there as a corporate freebie.

Celebrity picnics on 13:02 - Jul 11 with 1338 viewsBklynRanger

Celebrity picnics on 12:54 - Jul 11 by TacticalR

It looks like you don't have any future as a celeb spotter.

I wonder if there is a gap in the market for a celeb detection app to warn the public if celebs are preparing to swarm on a location such as Parliament Hill?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2017 12:54]

The Dragons will love it. You can do the talking and I'll do the blind demonstrating.
Celebrity picnics on 13:03 - Jul 11 with 1335 viewsSonofNorfolt

Celebrity picnics on 09:50 - Jul 11 by Konk

Mate, you don’t know the half of it. My mate’s wife had bought along bunting! She hung it up in a tree — and it wasn’t even a birthday or anything — just a get together on the Heath. And we picked up our picnic supplies from M&S in Crouch End — which would have been the most middle class thing in the world anyway, but we managed to top it off by using our hessian Waitrose bags for life. And even more middle class than that, I got stressed about using the Waitrose bags because I thought it might offend the M&S staff, and said to the woman on the till, “I’m sorry, these are the only bags we had at home” and she quite rightly looked at me like I was absolutely mental. There was prosecco and G&Ts knocking about too. No red trousers, though. Too hot for those.

Prosecco!?! You've ruined it now.
Celebrity picnics on 13:07 - Jul 11 with 1312 viewsMick_S

Care to explain this, young man? Eh, Eh?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Celebrity picnics on 13:17 - Jul 11 with 1274 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 13:03 - Jul 11 by SonofNorfolt

Prosecco!?! You've ruined it now.

I only had the one glass. I was on warm cans of Pale ale. Lush.

Celebrity picnics on 13:19 - Jul 11 with 1264 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 13:07 - Jul 11 by Mick_S

Care to explain this, young man? Eh, Eh?

Is it a pin cushion or one of the cushions you kneel on in church? Either way, I'm not responsible for it.

Celebrity picnics on 13:36 - Jul 11 with 1236 viewsSonofNorfolt

Celebrity picnics on 13:17 - Jul 11 by Konk

I only had the one glass. I was on warm cans of Pale ale. Lush.

Actually I meant that it is soooooooo working class these days.
Only Champagne is acceptable, and non of your Moet NV sh it either.
Login to get fewer ads

Celebrity picnics on 13:46 - Jul 11 with 1220 viewsjohann28

Celebrity picnics on 23:05 - Jul 10 by TacticalR

I've nothing against individual celebs, it's when they gather in large groups I get worried.

Any suggestion for the collective noun for celebrities?

a gaggle?
a torture?
an uptheirownarse?
Celebrity picnics on 13:52 - Jul 11 with 1205 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 13:46 - Jul 11 by johann28

Any suggestion for the collective noun for celebrities?

a gaggle?
a torture?
an uptheirownarse?

An event of celebrities?

Celebrity picnics on 13:53 - Jul 11 with 1199 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 13:36 - Jul 11 by SonofNorfolt

Actually I meant that it is soooooooo working class these days.
Only Champagne is acceptable, and non of your Moet NV sh it either.

It was our friends that brought it along. Honest. I didn't want to embarrass them, so accepted a glass of the filth. We use it to clean the patio at home.

Celebrity picnics on 13:54 - Jul 11 with 1198 viewsEastR

Celebrity picnics on 13:52 - Jul 11 by Konk

An event of celebrities?

cesspool

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Celebrity picnics on 13:59 - Jul 11 with 1191 viewsKonk

Celebrity picnics on 13:54 - Jul 11 by EastR

cesspool

To be fair, my celebrity picnic chums were all extremely well behaved, as were their children. A credit to British TV.

Celebrity picnics on 14:20 - Jul 11 with 1171 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Celebrity picnics on 13:52 - Jul 11 by Konk

An event of celebrities?

A show?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Celebrity picnics on 14:26 - Jul 11 with 1157 viewsRangersDave

A clunge of celebs

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024