Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Tannoy today? 14:40 - Aug 26 with 22922 viewsToffeemanc

In the ground no music or Eden on the tannoy. Maybe the new safety officer has decided the noise is too much for our eardrum's.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 14:42]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

No Tannoy today? on 12:04 - Aug 28 with 3807 viewsflyerdale

No Tannoy today? on 11:37 - Aug 28 by ChaffRAFC

One of the board of directors was on the same stag do! If it was an issue do you not think he would have said something? What a load of absolute nonsense.

The language issue didnt seem to bother the club with the previous tannoy announcer and nor should it. People should be able to use their social media accounts freely. Swearing? Jesus H Christ, stop the world I'm getting off!

Tell you what, we'll tell anyone who wants to become a tannoy man or employee of the club to get rid of all social media accounts, bin their phones, put them in witness protection and keep them on house arrest.

Its very apparent to me that the club didn't want Dave Sweetmore to leave, neither did I, but he did, then they appointed Eden fairly and squarely. Brilliant news for the lad, good opportunity etc. Then it went wrong for Dave and he came back to the area and the club wanted him back and tried to undermine Eden and make it happen. An outcry occurred and rightly so and it didn't happen and now all of a sudden, Eden is having to deal with pathetically petty issues like being told off for swearing despite Dave having sworn on numerous occasions without reprimand. This is among other things. Its an absolute farce. One rule for one, one for another.

For a SUPPORTER to have felt it necessary to pack up his stuff and leave the job he was thrilled to take at the time he did is a very sorry state of affairs.

I feel unbelievably sorry for Eden and utterly ashamed at our football club off the field at the moment.

The campaign seems to have worked. Shocking behaviour. Definitely not Team Rochdale now
No Tannoy today? on 12:11 - Aug 28 with 3782 viewsRalphs12

No Tannoy today? on 12:04 - Aug 28 by flyerdale

The campaign seems to have worked. Shocking behaviour. Definitely not Team Rochdale now

Team Rochdale. When it suits.
No Tannoy today? on 12:47 - Aug 28 with 3695 viewsAtThePeake

One of the board of directors was on the same stag do! If it was an issue do you not think he would have said something? What a load of absolute nonsense.

The language issue didnt seem to bother the club with the previous tannoy announcer and nor should it. People should be able to use their social media accounts freely. Swearing? Jesus H Christ, stop the world I'm getting off!

Tell you what, we'll tell anyone who wants to become a tannoy man or employee of the club to get rid of all social media accounts, bin their phones, put them in witness protection and keep them on house arrest.

Its very apparent to me that the club didn't want Dave Sweetmore to leave, neither did I, but he did, then they appointed Eden fairly and squarely. Brilliant news for the lad, good opportunity etc. Then it went wrong for Dave and he came back to the area and the club wanted him back and tried to undermine Eden and make it happen. An outcry occurred and rightly so and it didn't happen and now all of a sudden, Eden is having to deal with pathetically petty issues like being told off for swearing despite Dave having sworn on numerous occasions without reprimand. This is among other things. Its an absolute farce. One rule for one, one for another.

For a SUPPORTER to have felt it necessary to pack up his stuff and leave the job he was thrilled to take at the time he did is a very sorry state of affairs.

I feel unbelievably sorry for Eden and utterly ashamed at our football club off the field at the moment.

I think your second to last line sums it up perfectly Chaff. There's no way Eden would've walked out of this job on a flounce, he was delighted to take it and the fact he has felt he could no longer carry on says a hell of a lot about how he has been treated by the football club in the last few months. Shameful.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 13:00]

Tangled up in blue.

No Tannoy today? on 13:25 - Aug 28 with 3586 viewsalderleydale

No Tannoy today? on 12:11 - Aug 28 by Ralphs12

Absolutely spot on Ralphs12
No Tannoy today? on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 3450 viewsSuddenLad

No Tannoy today? on 12:04 - Aug 28 by flyerdale

What 'campaign' would that be, exactly ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

No Tannoy today? on 14:08 - Aug 28 with 3436 viewsflyerdale

No Tannoy today? on 14:04 - Aug 28 by SuddenLad

What 'campaign' would that be, exactly ?

To make Eden as uncomfortable as possible doing the job. Anyway I believe an official announcement is pending with a new 'old' appointment in the job
No Tannoy today? on 14:14 - Aug 28 with 3413 viewsChaffRAFC

No Tannoy today? on 14:08 - Aug 28 by flyerdale

To make Eden as uncomfortable as possible doing the job. Anyway I believe an official announcement is pending with a new 'old' appointment in the job

Indeed. The club get what they at the expense of a loyal fan who may never put another penny into the club he loved.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

No Tannoy today? on 14:18 - Aug 28 with 3401 viewsRalphs12

No Tannoy today? on 14:14 - Aug 28 by ChaffRAFC

Indeed. The club get what they at the expense of a loyal fan who may never put another penny into the club he loved.

I'm sure the director whose told fans not to bother coming back twice (reportedly) will be happy with that.
Login to get fewer ads

No Tannoy today? on 14:37 - Aug 28 with 3354 viewsmingthemerciless

No Tannoy today? on 20:08 - Aug 27 by BigDaveMyCock

They all went as Jimmy Krankie, actually.

I suppose it's really easy to mistake Jimmy Crankie for an American President, especially the current incumbent.
No Tannoy today? on 14:48 - Aug 28 with 3324 viewsTalkingSutty

I have to agree with the majority of this post. As people on this forum know i wasn't happy with Supporters getting involved with employment issues and applying pressure on the decision makers at the Club via the forum and even Trust involvement. I still stand by that and if I am castigated for it that doesn't particularly bother me, there's nothing wrong with disagreement.

No matter how this has panned out or what circumstances occurred on Saturday that led to Eden walking off the job, the fault is 100% of the Clubs making and those responsible for handling this on- going farce. Everything that has transpired since is as a result of how they handled things from the beginning. The moment the Club announced Sweetmore was coming back Eden was on a loser, that was pretty obvious.

When the U-turn was made to give Sweetmore his job back Eden should have had enough about him to tell them to stick their job and walk away, at that point it was obvious he was second choice, i think that was a bad decision by Eden and he would probably admit it..but we all make them.

The Club then back tracked because of pressure from the fans/ trust, that was the only reason,a terrible situation and a route that i don't think should have been taken because it was obvious he wasn't really wanted at that point. So Eden takes the job, he's obviously qualified to make a success of it because I haven't spoke to one person who doesn't hold him in high regard and now we have the murmurs that life has been made difficult for him and it's quite obvious that he's not exactly been welcomed into the Club with open arms. What a terrible way to treat the lad, if that's what's happened.

Dodgy language and behaviour on Social media (if that's the case) should just result in a quiet word in his ear and leave it at that,a lesson learned. If he has been forced out of his job and made to feel unwelcome then those responsible need booting out of the Club themselves. As a supporter I'm ashamed of some of the things i hear taking place, there never used to be a 'us and them' at this Club but it appears as though there is now. Stormy waters, Edens better off out of it.
No Tannoy today? on 15:11 - Aug 28 with 3264 viewskel

Having been unable to attend any recent clique events, including the aforementioned stag do, I only know what I've read on his thread about the situation.

However, if it is regarding social media comments I'd be interested to know the club's view on any potential replacement for Eden labelling message board users 'peadophiles' (sic) on their personal twitter account.
No Tannoy today? on 15:32 - Aug 28 with 3181 viewsrafc1984

Getting out of hand this thread on a load of assumptions and hearsay. People jumping to conclusions, let's wait and see what comes from the club on this.
No Tannoy today? on 15:56 - Aug 28 with 3100 viewsnordenblue

No Tannoy today? on 15:32 - Aug 28 by rafc1984

Getting out of hand this thread on a load of assumptions and hearsay. People jumping to conclusions, let's wait and see what comes from the club on this.

The most amazing point for me is that some posters are surprised the club's acted in this manner,there's been many many fine examples of certain people within the club demonstrating they couldn't give a flying f@#k about the supporters,this just enhances the list.

I don't know Eden at all but the minute Dave made his intentions known there was only ever one person wanted for the role by the club,jobs for the boys... you're better off out of it all Eden and you deserve much much better if the rumours are to be believed too
No Tannoy today? on 16:01 - Aug 28 with 3081 viewsDaleaholic

No Tannoy today? on 12:11 - Aug 28 by Ralphs12

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

No Tannoy today? on 16:24 - Aug 28 with 2998 viewsSuddenLad

Just to digress a little, there was a separate incident on Saturday involving access to the main stand lounge at half-time.

It seems that season long access passes are £40 per person, for those who want to avail themselves of the facilities/privilege.

A supporter, in possession of his own valid pass, tried to get his teenage companion into the lounge at the same time. Access to teenager was (rightly) denied, as he had no valid pass. Cue protest.

The view taken was that £40 for a child pass was 'ridiculous' as the cost of the season ticket for the 'teenager' was only £49. With that, both retured to their seats.

As a result of the 'conversation', a Director was summoned and made the point to the supporter, (quite properly), that the price of a pass was £40 PER PERSON, therefore, on payment of said sum, access would be permitted for the duration of the season.

There was no argy-bargy or unseemly behaviour from anyone involved, but why create the situation at all, by trying to 'get in for nowt' ?

Is this kind of thing peculiar to football matches. ?? I can't imagine anyone trying the same thing at a cinema or theatre, so why at Spotland (or other sporting venue) ?

The club Directors must dread match days.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

No Tannoy today? on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 2834 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No Tannoy today? on 16:24 - Aug 28 by SuddenLad

Just to digress a little, there was a separate incident on Saturday involving access to the main stand lounge at half-time.

It seems that season long access passes are £40 per person, for those who want to avail themselves of the facilities/privilege.

A supporter, in possession of his own valid pass, tried to get his teenage companion into the lounge at the same time. Access to teenager was (rightly) denied, as he had no valid pass. Cue protest.

The view taken was that £40 for a child pass was 'ridiculous' as the cost of the season ticket for the 'teenager' was only £49. With that, both retured to their seats.

As a result of the 'conversation', a Director was summoned and made the point to the supporter, (quite properly), that the price of a pass was £40 PER PERSON, therefore, on payment of said sum, access would be permitted for the duration of the season.

There was no argy-bargy or unseemly behaviour from anyone involved, but why create the situation at all, by trying to 'get in for nowt' ?

Is this kind of thing peculiar to football matches. ?? I can't imagine anyone trying the same thing at a cinema or theatre, so why at Spotland (or other sporting venue) ?

The Director who was single-handedly holding back the Sandy hoardes at HT was getting some proper stick....good job his minders where close too.

He did say punters could joint the queue if they wished but they would n't get into the Ratcliffe during HT

Will this really be sorted for when Blackburn Rovers come knocking
No Tannoy today? on 19:02 - Aug 28 with 2675 viewsRAFCBLUE

I agree with most of that Chaff.

A Dave Sweetmore reappointment (if or when that was to happen) will undermine a lot of trust. If that is what the club wanted when they knew that his relocation away and reason for leaving was no longer happening then they should have had the fortitude to say it and with their reasons at the time. As negative as that would have been at the time it might have avoided this but all parties went on record at the time to say that was not happening:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/may/club-statement-matchday-announcer/

A lot of people are alluding to a good many things which are (probably quite rightly) not in the public domain and that is fair but equally not informative to a wider audience who on Saturday just knew that there was no Tannoy announcer.

If there are issues of inconsistency of treatment, bias or prejudice then they should be properly investigated by the CEO and dealt with if there are those with a case to answer. I don't think anyone would agree with one rule for one and one rule for another.

The stag do attendance is not the issue - but the perception of these things does matter and I'd imagine that the club might follow that particular Twitter account given his involvement and as a club have rules around expectations.

I found this Social Media Policy for the Academy players and I could see why some of those stag do posts might have caused consternation if something similar exists for the club on a wider remit to its non-playing employees:

http://www.rochdaleafcyouth.co.uk/News/SOCIAL-MEDIA

I don't know the lad but I hope that if he is not continuing in position he continues to follow the club that he loves; these things can have a horribly emotional consequence which is I guess why they say never cross business with pleasure.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

No Tannoy today? on 21:57 - Aug 28 with 2433 viewsBlueMessiah

I'd be surprised if the club have any genuine sensitivities about swearing since we've been playing "F@cking in the Bushes" as the 2nd half intro music for God knows how many years.

Poll: Do I Know You?

No Tannoy today? on 22:16 - Aug 28 with 2369 viewskiwidale

No Tannoy today? on 16:24 - Aug 28 by SuddenLad

"There was no argy-bargy or unseemly behaviour from anyone involved, but why create the situation at all, by trying to 'get in for nowt'? "

I'm not sure you've thought this through Sudden lad. The 40 quid pass is madness in itself when access is free by token, I guess some people have more money than sense, therefore why wouldn't said pass holder not expect his son daughter or friend access by way of token? Seems to me the fault here if any lays with the decision to hold a private function on match day without letting the fans know in advance. Communication is the key its not rocket science.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:22]

This is not the time for bickering.

No Tannoy today? on 22:18 - Aug 28 with 2348 viewsjudd

No Tannoy today? on 22:16 - Aug 28 by kiwidale

"There was no argy-bargy or unseemly behaviour from anyone involved, but why create the situation at all, by trying to 'get in for nowt'? "

I'm not sure you've thought this through Sudden lad. The 40 quid pass is madness in itself when access is free by token, I guess some people have more money than sense, therefore why wouldn't said pass holder not expect his son daughter or friend access by way of token? Seems to me the fault here if any lays with the decision to hold a private function on match day without letting the fans know in advance. Communication is the key its not rocket science.

Different bars

Poll: What is it to be then?

No Tannoy today? on 22:21 - Aug 28 with 2322 viewsR17ALE

No Tannoy today? on 22:18 - Aug 28 by judd

Different bars

Bizarrely the stewards at Stevenage were saying "different bras".

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

No Tannoy today? on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 2295 viewsjudd

No Tannoy today? on 22:21 - Aug 28 by R17ALE

Bizarrely the stewards at Stevenage were saying "different bras".

I feel for them

Poll: What is it to be then?

No Tannoy today? on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 2299 viewskiwidale

No Tannoy today? on 22:18 - Aug 28 by judd

Different bars

Oh I see, what do I know.

This is not the time for bickering.

No Tannoy today? on 11:11 - Aug 29 with 1895 viewsNewbury_Dale

As much as Eden's mates are trying to make it so, is this really a big deal ?
No Tannoy today? on 11:53 - Aug 29 with 1805 viewsmingthemerciless

I couldn't care less about loud music being played at games. Most DJ's are ego maniacs anyway. The thing is young people can't seem to live without noise of some sort.

I remember going working away with a gang of younger guys. We'd got about 20 minutes down the motorway when the driver said " We'll have to go back to the shop " and started to look for an exit. When I said " Why, what have we forgotten ? " he replied " The Jukebox " . That was the old ghetto blaster he had.

He couldn't work in silence.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024