Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes 22:54 - Sep 27 with 12297 viewsDaley_Lama

Don't know what the fuss is all about having seen the video all over the t'interweb.

Bloke trying to hit his mate, Ben steps in and puts the violent fellow down. The aggressor's mates get involve and cop some too.

Proper chap, bring on the convicts.

Poll: DF in or out

Ben Stokes on 21:53 - Sep 29 with 2464 viewsnordenblue

Ben Stokes on 21:03 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

I don't know him - true but he must know as a high profile sportsman that he will be provoked , filmed and judged. I'm not saying that is right, but it's true. The sponsors , the ECB. Etc require better. Violence isn't the answer . The man fighting for his life after the assault in Rochdale last night proves that.

Hes sadly since passed away,another terrible loss
Ben Stokes on 22:18 - Sep 29 with 2431 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ben Stokes on 21:53 - Sep 29 by nordenblue

Hes sadly since passed away,another terrible loss

Awful news, violence is never the answer

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ben Stokes on 22:22 - Sep 29 with 2417 viewsnordenblue

Ben Stokes on 22:18 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

Awful news, violence is never the answer

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-killed-r
Ben Stokes on 23:32 - Sep 29 with 2356 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 21:03 - Sep 29 by rochdaleriddler

I don't know him - true but he must know as a high profile sportsman that he will be provoked , filmed and judged. I'm not saying that is right, but it's true. The sponsors , the ECB. Etc require better. Violence isn't the answer . The man fighting for his life after the assault in Rochdale last night proves that.

Obviously, violence has consequences, but simplistically saying "it's not the answer" - it depends what the question is

Very sad that a man trying to stop idiots from causing damage ended that way. Perhaps Stokes shouldn't have intervened whilst his mate was being attacked with a bottle, what do you think? Or have you thought about that at all? What happens when the police force use violence, to defend us all? They fired 10 rounds into a car near Bristol, after a man threatened motorists with a weapon. Was that wrong too?

I wouldn't be using the local incident to make points that you can't justify, it's a bit cheap, really

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ben Stokes on 01:11 - Sep 30 with 2303 viewsDiddyDave

No matter where you live in the world these days,being in a night club,or at a party,at 2.30 in the morning,it doesn`t take much to get into a lot of bother,no matter whose "fault" it is,more over if you`re a top sportsman or a TV celebrity because people will target you. Certainly,anyone is entitled to defend themselves if trouble starts,but the point is,Stokes should never have been on the turps at that time of the morning and I`ll bet all the England players would`ve been on a curfew to have been in the hotel by no later than 10.00pm,or not much later. I reckon the bloke is a loose cannon,good player or not,and with his track record,the ECB may well say,enough is enough,no Ashes tour for you mate.
Ben Stokes on 10:43 - Sep 30 with 2149 viewsmingthemerciless

How many times have we seen just one in expected punch having fatal repercussions ? Wasn't there a young soldier home on leave killed in the centre of town a few years ago in a similar incident ? It's not the punch that kills you but the contact your head makes with the ground.

There have been several similar cases in the national papers over the years.

I'm pretty sure Stokes will find he has a case to answer.
Ben Stokes on 10:46 - Sep 30 with 2141 viewsnordenblue

Ben Stokes on 23:32 - Sep 29 by D_Alien

Obviously, violence has consequences, but simplistically saying "it's not the answer" - it depends what the question is

Very sad that a man trying to stop idiots from causing damage ended that way. Perhaps Stokes shouldn't have intervened whilst his mate was being attacked with a bottle, what do you think? Or have you thought about that at all? What happens when the police force use violence, to defend us all? They fired 10 rounds into a car near Bristol, after a man threatened motorists with a weapon. Was that wrong too?

I wouldn't be using the local incident to make points that you can't justify, it's a bit cheap, really

Sorry DA voted down by accident,meant to be voted up...
Ben Stokes on 10:58 - Sep 30 with 2122 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 10:46 - Sep 30 by nordenblue

Sorry DA voted down by accident,meant to be voted up...

No worries nb

Police currently waiting to hear from the two gay blokes it's alleged Stokes was trying to defend. Can understand them not wishing to give evidence, tbh

Bristol is supposed to be a 'safe' place for gays, a work colleague moved down there on that basis a couple of years ago. Is anywhere safe from pig ignorant thugs?

I'd imagine Stokes is in a very difficult place right now. Support and counselling is needed, not castigation and calling a pillock. And yes, we all know the consequences of head injuries

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stokes on 12:38 - Sep 30 with 2060 viewsjudd

Ben Stokes on 10:58 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

No worries nb

Police currently waiting to hear from the two gay blokes it's alleged Stokes was trying to defend. Can understand them not wishing to give evidence, tbh

Bristol is supposed to be a 'safe' place for gays, a work colleague moved down there on that basis a couple of years ago. Is anywhere safe from pig ignorant thugs?

I'd imagine Stokes is in a very difficult place right now. Support and counselling is needed, not castigation and calling a pillock. And yes, we all know the consequences of head injuries

I don't think Stokes reads this message board

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ben Stokes on 13:18 - Sep 30 with 2024 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 12:38 - Sep 30 by judd

I don't think Stokes reads this message board

I daresay you're correct on that point

Given rochdaleriddler's experience in late night/early morning posts whilst pissed and out of control though, I daresay he'd be well-positioned to offer his services to Stokes as a counsellor

Ben Stokes on 22:37 - Sep 30 with 1914 viewsrochdaleriddler

You really are a petty, nasty tosser. I'm not making any cheap points, you have chosen to champion a thug because he plays for England. I was upset to learn a man was injured by thugs . You seem to like that kind of thing. You are a sad loser

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ben Stokes on 22:38 - Sep 30 with 1907 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ben Stokes on 10:58 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

No worries nb

'Gay blokes' really ??

Ben Stokes on 22:39 - Sep 30 with 1901 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ben Stokes on 13:18 - Sep 30 by D_Alien

I daresay you're correct on that point

Given rochdaleriddler's experience in late night/early morning posts whilst pissed and out of control though, I daresay he'd be well-positioned to offer his services to Stokes as a counsellor

I hear you are pissed most of the time, tosser

Ben Stokes on 07:00 - Oct 1 with 1817 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 22:39 - Sep 30 by rochdaleriddler

I hear you are pissed most of the time, tosser

What you're hearing is the sound of splashing in your lughole whilst pissing into the wind

Ben Stokes on 09:54 - Oct 1 with 1731 viewsTipperaryDale

The point is - coward punch or no - that Stokes seems to be an aggressive bellend, as is shown by his previous history. Would we all defend Joey Barton if he'd have done similar?
Ben Stokes on 11:46 - Oct 1 with 1673 viewsTVOS1907

Ben Stokes on 09:54 - Oct 1 by TipperaryDale

The point is - coward punch or no - that Stokes seems to be an aggressive bellend, as is shown by his previous history. Would we all defend Joey Barton if he'd have done similar?

To be fair, not all of us have defended Stokes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ben Stokes on 11:58 - Oct 1 with 1665 viewsColDale

Is it worth pointing out that when an Aussie player physically attacked an England player whilst pissed (and the one least likely to fight back), his punishment lasted until the day before the first day of the first test?

Stokes has been out of order, to what extent we don't know, but let's not weaken the England team to achieve some sort of moral high ground. The Aussies wouldn't do the same and haven't done the same. it probably happened numerous times during the days of Botham et al.

Let's focus on what is important, and that's beating the Aussies in their own backyard.
Ben Stokes on 12:06 - Oct 1 with 1651 viewsTVOS1907

Ben Stokes on 11:58 - Oct 1 by ColDale

Is it worth pointing out that when an Aussie player physically attacked an England player whilst pissed (and the one least likely to fight back), his punishment lasted until the day before the first day of the first test?

Stokes has been out of order, to what extent we don't know, but let's not weaken the England team to achieve some sort of moral high ground. The Aussies wouldn't do the same and haven't done the same. it probably happened numerous times during the days of Botham et al.

Let's focus on what is important, and that's beating the Aussies in their own backyard.

I don't think Botham et al were out fighting in the streets at 2am in the midst of a series, unless you know different.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ben Stokes on 14:10 - Oct 1 with 1592 viewsdamon791

The guy who came at his friend with a bottle was in the armed forces should he have his job taken away?

All I can say don’t they train the army in armed combat these days very shocking.
Ben Stokes on 20:35 - Oct 1 with 1507 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ben Stokes on 07:00 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

What you're hearing is the sound of splashing in your lughole whilst pissing into the wind

Fook off d alien or norden blue, or whatever name you are hiding behind with your CAPITAL letters. I know you have been asked by various people associated with the club/trust to identify yourself and meet . You have declined- speaks volumes

Ben Stokes on 20:46 - Oct 1 with 1495 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes on 20:35 - Oct 1 by rochdaleriddler

Fook off d alien or norden blue, or whatever name you are hiding behind with your CAPITAL letters. I know you have been asked by various people associated with the club/trust to identify yourself and meet . You have declined- speaks volumes

Wrong. I was at the fans forum, and anyone who wished to speak to me could've easily introduced themselves. I made it known beforehand what questions i'd be asking

Pissing in the wind again, i'm afraid. And nordenblue is a very different personality, although equally dismissive of your hypocritical shite

[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 20:49]

Ben Stokes on 20:48 - Oct 1 with 1489 viewsnordenblue

Ben Stokes on 20:35 - Oct 1 by rochdaleriddler

Youre the first to jump all over somone for name calling yet you've excelled at that game for someone so against it?

I can't speak for DA obviously but since you've named me I'll inform you,nobody associated to the club/trust has EVER asked me to identify myself, a few people know me anyway connected to the trust. Don't let the facts get in the way though of yet another one of your ramblings
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 20:51]
Ben Stokes on 21:17 - Oct 1 with 1445 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ben Stokes on 20:46 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Wrong. I was at the fans forum, and anyone who wished to speak to me could've easily introduced themselves. I made it known beforehand what questions i'd be asking

Pissing in the wind again, i'm afraid. And nordenblue is a very different personality, although equally dismissive of your hypocritical shite

[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 20:49]

Idiot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024