Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mesa for Burnley game. 21:26 - Nov 9 with 9767 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

After witnessing the worst display by a Swans side ever.
What next for Clement/Mesa ?
If Mesa can’t get in this game, how bad has our midfield have to play, for him to get In the side???
Mesa for Burnley game. on 11:44 - Nov 10 with 1858 viewswhiterock

Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:49 - Nov 9 by Shonky

Worst display by a Swansea side ever?

We lost to a Brighton side still running on adrenalin by 1-0, had Lady Luck been on our side we'd have won the game, it still would have been a poor game but worst ever, really
Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:32 - Nov 10 with 1823 viewsSgorioFruit

well if Mesa doesn't turn and run back towards the goalkeeper on 89 minutes when we are playing for a point then yeh I'm happy to see him on the pitch

what the hell was he thinking that day.
I'm still speechless

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:41 - Nov 10 with 1812 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Mesa for Burnley game. on 10:44 - Nov 10 by Loyal

Probably is their worst game ever.
And will soon be moving on to wherever they came from 5 years ago.

A lad up front for them that night killed us I recall.

Edit - jj Melligan.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 11:01]

He was like pele that night

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Mesa for Burnley game. on 13:26 - Nov 10 with 1774 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:32 - Nov 10 by SgorioFruit

well if Mesa doesn't turn and run back towards the goalkeeper on 89 minutes when we are playing for a point then yeh I'm happy to see him on the pitch

I'm still speechless

I’m speechless you thought we were playing for a point, we were pushing big time for the goal to get us three points, that’s where the mistake come from.

If Clement had picked the right team that day, I have no doubt we would be three points better off now.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 14:06 - Nov 10 with 1749 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mesa for Burnley game. on 12:32 - Nov 10 by SgorioFruit

I'm still speechless

I suggest you get your facts straight.
He did not turn and run back towards the Goalkeeper.
He turned to make a very important interception (the pass from their defence was aimed at their winger) and unlike the rest of our players he tried to keep the attack going he tried to pass in to the mid field.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:23 - Nov 10 with 1697 viewsicecoldjack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 14:06 - Nov 10 by A_Fans_Dad

I suggest you get your facts straight.
He did not turn and run back towards the Goalkeeper.
He turned to make a very important interception (the pass from their defence was aimed at their winger) and unlike the rest of our players he tried to keep the attack going he tried to pass in to the mid field.

Is the correct answer.

The moment fans start moaning about one of the few players trying to do something positive we know we've really hit the skids !

He lost it in midfield and Mawson , who was actually the one to blame,instead of being professional acted like an utter f@nny and bottled not even a 50-50 challenge, yet Mesa gets the pelters .

If Leon did the exact same thing as Mesa then safe to say nothing would even be mentioned by management or fans on here .
Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:33 - Nov 10 with 1698 viewsMrSwerve

Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:58 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Innit. Anyone who suffered through Swansea City 0 Kidderminster Harriers 4 should be rolling on the floor laughing at that.

The levels of hyperbole are great at the minute.

Yep, I was there.

But you know what? In a strange way I enjoyed that night on the North Bank more than some of the recent matches...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Mesa for Burnley game. on 16:33 - Nov 10 with 1638 viewscontroversial_jack

Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:33 - Nov 10 by MrSwerve

Yep, I was there.

But you know what? In a strange way I enjoyed that night on the North Bank more than some of the recent matches...

That game was the worst I can recall, and it pissed down too
Login to get fewer ads

Mesa for Burnley game. on 16:54 - Nov 10 with 1611 viewsmonmouth

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:14 - Nov 10 by dcd14

Ah the JJ Meligan show, he ruined us that game!

I thought he was a good prospect at the time but it showed how bad we were as his career didn't really go far.

He's still on the hit list. Keep your eyes peeled in January.

Ps I would have been at the Northampton game if it was 1973, ) but don't remember the low crowd or the game. I must have been a right starry eyed kid.

I do remember some far worse performances at the Lib though, usually ending in the manager getting the heave ho. Scunthorpe surrender under Jackett, Leicester under Monk and West Ham and Bournemouth under Bradley were all worse.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 17:02]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:00 - Nov 10 with 1601 viewsjack247

Mesa for Burnley game. on 15:33 - Nov 10 by MrSwerve

Yep, I was there.

Are you sure your memory isn’t playing tricks on you? We got embarrassed at home by a market town. It was thoroughly depressing
Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:10 - Nov 10 with 1590 viewsMrSwerve

Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:00 - Nov 10 by jack247

Are you sure your memory isn’t playing tricks on you? We got embarrassed at home by a market town. It was thoroughly depressing

Yeah it’s probably just nostalgia, it was an utterly sh*te night in many ways.

Standing on the North Bank, which felt dead that night if I remember correctly. Rain bucketing down in front of the floodlights.

Still...that was proper British football...none of this fancy rich Spaniard wearing snoods in July bollocks.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:32 - Nov 10 with 1567 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:10 - Nov 10 by MrSwerve

Yeah it’s probably just nostalgia, it was an utterly sh*te night in many ways.

Standing on the North Bank, which felt dead that night if I remember correctly. Rain bucketing down in front of the floodlights.

Still...that was proper British football...none of this fancy rich Spaniard wearing snoods in July bollocks.

I think we always see things in a better light when we are younger.
As we get older we get jaded and harder to please compared to those "memories".
Mesa for Burnley game. on 17:45 - Nov 10 with 1556 viewsOldjack

It's was one of the worst performances since we've been in the Prem .Our team look like a bunch of strangers .This is really bad news ,sort it Clem your running out of time now ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mesa for Burnley game. on 19:05 - Nov 10 with 1517 viewsjasfan

Mesa for Burnley game. on 08:14 - Nov 10 by dcd14

Ah the JJ Meligan show, he ruined us that game!

I thought he was a good prospect at the time but it showed how bad we were as his career didn't really go far.

That's a blast from the past and a great recall.

They seemed a really quick side that went past our players like they were statues. I am sure they had some players from Scandinavia or Lithuania that were technical geniuses compared to our players. Was Gary Johnson their manager?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 19:10]
Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:07 - Nov 10 with 1471 viewsjasfan

Just did a quick search and found out that Gary Johnson was not the manager, it was Ian Britton. The only Scandinavian player was Bo Henriksen who was from Denmark, although I think Bo Derek would have looked good playing against us that night.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 21:33 - Nov 10 with 1459 viewsAl_Bundy

Surprised nobody mentioned our cup drubbing at Fulham when they were a division below 7-0 I think. Cornforth and Ampadu in our end shaking their heads in disbelief.

The only match I've ever left early with 20 mins to go - extremely painful day.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:14 - Nov 10 with 1421 viewsZZoric

Mesa really isnt the solution, esp right now

he is woefully off the pace and often shirks responsibility - clearly evidenced by:
- lack of an outlet for the FBs - esp Naughton - rarely makes himself available for the out-ball
- chooses to point at others instead of stepping up and demanding possession, controlling the game and tempo

In a defensive set - he often looks clueless, shuffling around like a lost soul with no idea who he should be marking at any one time - a shocking trait for a CDM - the CDM should be bossing the defensive mid-set

he aint no Mes(si)a(h) - esp for £11m
Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:34 - Nov 10 with 1417 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:14 - Nov 10 by ZZoric

Mesa really isnt the solution, esp right now

he is woefully off the pace and often shirks responsibility - clearly evidenced by:
- lack of an outlet for the FBs - esp Naughton - rarely makes himself available for the out-ball
- chooses to point at others instead of stepping up and demanding possession, controlling the game and tempo

In a defensive set - he often looks clueless, shuffling around like a lost soul with no idea who he should be marking at any one time - a shocking trait for a CDM - the CDM should be bossing the defensive mid-set

he aint no Mes(si)a(h) - esp for £11m

Basing that on two games against Man Utd I assume? Or am I wrong.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 23:02 - Nov 10 with 1402 viewsZZoric

Mesa for Burnley game. on 22:34 - Nov 10 by 34dfgdf54

Basing that on two games against Man Utd I assume? Or am I wrong.

not at all - basing it on watching him live - esp at MK Dons, where his true colours were displayed against L1 fatties

watch him again - with a CDM lens if u can - its way-off PL standard - he wouldnt displace the CDM in my local semi-pro club, honestly

surprised so many on this site seem to be hanging their hopes on this non-Mes(si)a(h); surprised that u, an essentially sensible football-poster is so drawn in
Mesa for Burnley game. on 23:05 - Nov 10 with 1395 views34dfgdf54

Mesa for Burnley game. on 23:02 - Nov 10 by ZZoric

not at all - basing it on watching him live - esp at MK Dons, where his true colours were displayed against L1 fatties

watch him again - with a CDM lens if u can - its way-off PL standard - he wouldnt displace the CDM in my local semi-pro club, honestly

surprised so many on this site seem to be hanging their hopes on this non-Mes(si)a(h); surprised that u, an essentially sensible football-poster is so drawn in

Fair enough mate. I was just asking, completely respect your stance.

At the moment my heads completely gone with the Trust. Mesa can be back on the first flight to Gran Canaria for all I care.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 00:52 - Nov 11 with 1357 viewsTNT

Mark 'Chopper' Harris made his debut in that 1-6 defeat to Reading, after he had just signed from...Reading! He went on to enjoy relative success with us, so there's hope for Mesa yet. We're crying out for someone to boss our midfield pal!

Mesa stated in the press, this week, that he wishes to stay in 'The Swansea'.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Mesa for Burnley game. on 00:59 - Nov 11 with 1346 viewsjack247

Mesa for Burnley game. on 23:02 - Nov 10 by ZZoric

He is more of a deep lying playmaker than a destroyer who shields the back four.

I’m not disputing your analysis of his weaknesses and I’m sure PC thinks the same way. Far more suited to the way we used to play than Clementball. I’d like to see him alongside Leon with Ki/Sanches/Fer ahead of them, or even on the right if we insist on a narrow diamond.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 07:30 - Nov 11 with 1322 viewsPawelAbbott

Mesa for Burnley game. on 09:36 - Nov 10 by STID2017

Exactly.
Some prima donna's on here.
Those of us who witnessed the football pre & post Tosh, and bar the odd year, until Martinez took over, saw many awful displays.
We are poor by PL standards, but get a grip please ....

The best I've ever seen us play was the beginning if the 03/04 season under Flynn. When we first unleashed Trundle, Robinson, Martinez etc on League 2 we were destroying teams with (cheap) champagne football.
Mesa for Burnley game. on 07:50 - Nov 11 with 1312 viewsDr_Winston

Mesa for Burnley game. on 07:30 - Nov 11 by PawelAbbott

The best I've ever seen us play was the beginning if the 03/04 season under Flynn. When we first unleashed Trundle, Robinson, Martinez etc on League 2 we were destroying teams with (cheap) champagne football.

Four about ten games. Then we were shit.

We were better in the 05/06 season (100+ goals in all comps), 07/08 (promotion from L1) and from 2010-2013.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mesa for Burnley game. on 07:59 - Nov 11 with 1300 viewsPawelAbbott

Mesa for Burnley game. on 07:50 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Four about ten games. Then we were shit.

We were better in the 05/06 season (100+ goals in all comps), 07/08 (promotion from L1) and from 2010-2013.

Yes, it did descend rather rapidly but for a short time it was incredible stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024