Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where has all the money gone? 20:12 - Dec 30 with 6594 viewsLord_Bony

We can't buy much in January because we don't have a pot to piss in at the moment apparently.

All we can spend is the surplus money left over from the summer signings.

Over £1 billion turnover since we joined the Premier League… What happened?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Where has all the money gone? on 21:30 - Dec 30 with 2322 viewstylagarwjack

Where has all the money gone? on 20:47 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

With a 20,000 capacity, no commercial income to speak of and heavy investment in facilities it's not hard to believe that player costs eat up the majority of any income received.

There are many reasons to be critical of the way Jenkins has run the club but I'd dearly love to know just how these "missing millions" have been squirrelled away.

The bigger issue is IMO is how the money tied up in wages is spent. There are several players in the squad probably earning a gross £1.5m+ p.a. who contribute little to nothing for that money. I know "The Swansea Way" was supposedly based on a certain amount of continuity but that's long gone, as we all know. iMO the squad assessment is as much to blame for our predicament as the recruitment as we have players who simply aren't good enough and should have been moved on but haven't been because their face fits or because they've been given longer contracts than they have earned, which of course ties up valuable space on the wage bill.

I find it staggering that they'll throw millions at players who are clearly not good enough yet they'll happily restrict away support (at a time when we need as much support as we can get) just to save a few grand, by not risking ending up with any amount of tickets that we've requested, not sold, and therefore have to pay for.

Staggering!
Where has all the money gone? on 21:33 - Dec 30 with 2318 viewsPawelAbbott

Where has all the money gone? on 21:15 - Dec 30 by Lord_Bony

Certainly not.

Turnover is the money that comes into the till.

Over £1bn since we ve been in the Prem.

This the big question.
Wasn't the cost of the training grounds about £30M?
We have made a net profit of £10M a year on average over the last 5 years.
80% goes on wages but annual income is £100M that with the transfer money leaves £30M a year for other expenses.
Where has that been spent?
Where has all the money gone? on 21:49 - Dec 30 with 2267 viewsPacemaker

It has been highlighted by posters on here and by independent journalists as having a wage bill of over 80% of our income which has been a recipe for disaster.

We have been desperate for better match day income and a better commercial department since the championship.

We have spent circa £35m on new training facilities at Landore and Fairwood ( who built them and was it put out to tender correctly is somewhat of a contentious issue). These are facilities we needed and will serve us well in the future.

When you take into account the huge increase in staff it's easy to see where all the money has gone, could it have been managed better? Probably.

As is often the case the PL money has been siphoned away by players, agents, consultants and lawyers together with the board ( old and new). Everybody is your friend and needs paying when you have money.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 21:50]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Where has all the money gone? on 21:54 - Dec 30 with 2252 viewsairedale

Where has all the money gone? on 20:47 - Dec 30 by JackUlation

A few pounds would have been well spent on a Fan in the riverside crapper.

Not if it was on the one in the row behind me, he’s an enormous dick.
Where has all the money gone? on 21:57 - Dec 30 with 2247 viewsDr_Winston

Where has all the money gone? on 21:49 - Dec 30 by Pacemaker

It has been highlighted by posters on here and by independent journalists as having a wage bill of over 80% of our income which has been a recipe for disaster.

We have been desperate for better match day income and a better commercial department since the championship.

We have spent circa £35m on new training facilities at Landore and Fairwood ( who built them and was it put out to tender correctly is somewhat of a contentious issue). These are facilities we needed and will serve us well in the future.

When you take into account the huge increase in staff it's easy to see where all the money has gone, could it have been managed better? Probably.

As is often the case the PL money has been siphoned away by players, agents, consultants and lawyers together with the board ( old and new). Everybody is your friend and needs paying when you have money.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 21:50]

Yup.

Wages, transfer fees, signing on fees, agents fees. Hell, we've probably spent not far off £10m just sacking managers in the last four years. Woefully mismanaged from top to bottom.

It didn't have to be that way. A smart expansion in both coverage and quality of the scouting setup could have continued to provide a stream of capable and compatible players for "The Swansea Way". All that went out of the window when Huwbert decided that he wanted to be in charge.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Where has all the money gone? on 22:19 - Dec 30 with 2206 viewsJackBaston

I've heard a rumour Bony's on 90k a week, Llorente was on 70k
Where has all the money gone? on 22:32 - Dec 30 with 2192 viewsPawelAbbott

Where has all the money gone? on 22:19 - Dec 30 by JackBaston

I've heard a rumour Bony's on 90k a week, Llorente was on 70k

He is on over £100k.
He refused to take a pay cut to come to us so Man City dropped the price to get the deal done.
Where has all the money gone? on 23:46 - Dec 30 with 2110 viewsGeoffThom

Where has all the money gone? on 22:32 - Dec 30 by PawelAbbott

He is on over £100k.
He refused to take a pay cut to come to us so Man City dropped the price to get the deal done.

That much for a 42 second cameo 😳😳
Login to get fewer ads

Where has all the money gone? on 23:50 - Dec 30 with 2095 viewsJackBaston

Where has all the money gone? on 22:32 - Dec 30 by PawelAbbott

He is on over £100k.

If that's true thats a ridiculous decision to bring him back
Wonder who made that decision...
Where has all the money gone? on 23:51 - Dec 30 with 2091 viewsGeoffThom

I’ve asked if before I’d love to know how much some of these ex postmen and ex senior league coaches are on ?
This club needs to recut it’s cloth again so the main bulk of the money is spent on the first team !
Like the training facilities ,why do we need two ?
I think redundancies are in the pipeline and probably warranted ,there are to many bleeding the club and that includes some players
Where has all the money gone? on 00:04 - Dec 31 with 2059 viewsclloy2

Where has all the money gone? on 20:32 - Dec 30 by Lord_Bony

So Bad financial management and bad recruitment decisions are to blame then.

Therein lies the rub.

How much better could we be if we had the financial clout behind us enjoyed by other clubs.

Can't see much coming down the pipe from our "investors...aka "venture capitalists ".

Shame.

Don't forget the iinfrastrcture spend - £30m
Where has all the money gone? on 00:12 - Dec 31 with 2041 viewsLoyal

Where has all the money gone? on 00:04 - Dec 31 by clloy2

Don't forget the iinfrastrcture spend - £30m

15 months quiet and your first reply is this 👍
Vote Loyal x

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Where has all the money gone? on 08:27 - Dec 31 with 1957 viewsjasper_T

Where has all the money gone? on 23:51 - Dec 30 by GeoffThom

I’ve asked if before I’d love to know how much some of these ex postmen and ex senior league coaches are on ?
This club needs to recut it’s cloth again so the main bulk of the money is spent on the first team !
I think redundancies are in the pipeline and probably warranted ,there are to many bleeding the club and that includes some players

Gary Richards is one of the few doing a good job at the club and he's obviously not earning millions I don't know why he comes in for pelters on here.
Where has all the money gone? on 09:37 - Dec 31 with 1913 viewsAguycalledJack

Where has all the money gone? on 23:51 - Dec 30 by GeoffThom

First to go our Scottish scout.
Where has all the money gone? on 09:47 - Dec 31 with 1900 viewsPawelAbbott

Where has all the money gone? on 23:50 - Dec 30 by JackBaston

If that's true thats a ridiculous decision to bring him back
Wonder who made that decision...

It might even be £130k
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-swansea-wi
Where has all the money gone? on 09:51 - Dec 31 with 1892 viewsPawelAbbott

Where has all the money gone? on 09:47 - Dec 31 by PawelAbbott

It might even be £130k
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-swansea-wi

More than Harry Kane is on
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/harry-kane-contract-t

That's the sort of financial mismanagement that leaves you with no money after 7 years in the premier league
Where has all the money gone? on 09:54 - Dec 31 with 1886 viewsDr_Winston

"If that's true" are the three relevant words.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Where has all the money gone? on 12:00 - Dec 31 with 1825 viewsclloy2

Where has all the money gone? on 00:12 - Dec 31 by Loyal

15 months quiet and your first reply is this 👍
Vote Loyal x

According to my history, I last posted back in Sept, basically commenting that we hadn't strengthened the squad sufficiently in the summer window.
My point behind this post (30m spend on infrastructure) was basically questioning just that. Did we really need to spend 30m on 2 training complexes, when the real area in need of investment was the playing squad. Were the trust consulted in this direction of spend ?
If you don't have a playing squad strong enough to sustain Prem football, why do you need two Prem standard training complexes.
Where has all the money gone? on 14:14 - Dec 31 with 1784 viewsJackBaston

Where has all the money gone? on 09:54 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

"If that's true" are the three relevant words.

I would say Jenkins' can confirm, but he's shown himself to be a bit of a ditz with regards to paperwork. Poor bugger just signs things willy nilly
Where has all the money gone? on 16:16 - Dec 31 with 1702 viewsGeoffThom

Where has all the money gone? on 08:27 - Dec 31 by jasper_T

Gary Richards is one of the few doing a good job at the club and he's obviously not earning millions I don't know why he comes in for pelters on here.

Nobody mentioned Richards and I agree with a lot of the old pros in the set up ,what I don’t like is some of the lower coaches and the like that are swanning around in training kit giving it the great I ams ,we have to many of them ,we really need to streamline the club again and use the money on the first team
Where has all the money gone? on 16:20 - Dec 31 with 1697 viewsjasper_T

Where has all the money gone? on 16:16 - Dec 31 by GeoffThom

Nobody mentioned Richards and I agree with a lot of the old pros in the set up ,what I don’t like is some of the lower coaches and the like that are swanning around in training kit giving it the great I ams ,we have to many of them ,we really need to streamline the club again and use the money on the first team

Gary Richards is the "ex-postman", isn't he?
Where has all the money gone? on 16:22 - Dec 31 with 1690 viewsGeoffThom

Where has all the money gone? on 16:20 - Dec 31 by jasper_T

Gary Richards is the "ex-postman", isn't he?

There’s a couple more
Where has all the money gone? on 16:24 - Dec 31 with 1685 viewsjasper_T

Regardless the vast vast vast majority of money is already being spent on the first team (and executive personnel).

You could run the academy for decades on the severance packages we've been handing out to first team coaches over the last 3 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024