Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The pitch 20:16 - Dec 31 with 4900 viewsDalenet

I see Hornets play on it next weekend. I do hope it has settled since the Walsall game and that we have been able to get a heavy roller on it. Despite the fortune spent on a new pitch last January it is in a poor state. Seems whoever we ask for help give us a solution that rarely works
The pitch on 20:32 - Dec 31 with 4882 views442Dale

Surprised how little has been made of it so far because it's playing as badly as I can remember at this stage of a season. It was terrible by the Doncaster Checkatrade game when you could visibly see the lack of trust players had in the surface.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The pitch on 21:19 - Dec 31 with 4836 viewsrochdaleriddler

The ball is in the air that often it hardly matter!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The pitch on 21:19 - Dec 31 with 4835 viewsmingthemerciless

It's been a pretty damp Autumn in my opinion. At the back of my house the paving on the patio doesn't get much sun normally but I've never seen it as green with mildew as it is now. It needs a good jet washing when the weather gets a bit warmer.
The pitch on 21:39 - Dec 31 with 4815 viewsrochdaleriddler

The pitch on 21:19 - Dec 31 by mingthemerciless

It's been a pretty damp Autumn in my opinion. At the back of my house the paving on the patio doesn't get much sun normally but I've never seen it as green with mildew as it is now. It needs a good jet washing when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Karcher the pitch

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The pitch on 15:57 - Jan 4 with 4352 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets v Biffos game has been moved from Sunday to Wednesday. The pitch must be in a state with all this rain we've had. When are the 'Dale supposed play on it next ?
The pitch on 16:03 - Jan 4 with 4337 viewsleedsdale

The pitch on 15:57 - Jan 4 by mingthemerciless

Hornets v Biffos game has been moved from Sunday to Wednesday. The pitch must be in a state with all this rain we've had. When are the 'Dale supposed play on it next ?

Next Tuesday v Lincoln
The pitch on 16:14 - Jan 4 with 4295 viewsmingthemerciless

Let's hope we get a dry spell over the weekend then.
The pitch on 16:22 - Jan 4 with 4276 views49thseason

Rochdale is the wettest place in the UK with more than 50,000 inhabitants, There can't be a company in the UK that knows how to build a pitch that has to contend with as much water, lack of sunshine and two teams playing on it.
From July '16 to July '17 it rained on 280 out of 365 and a total 1063mm (roughly 3 feet 6 inches). the last 6 months seem wetter. On average Rochdale gets 800 hours less sunshine than Southampton per year.
https://www.worldweatheronline.com/v2/weather-averages.aspx?q=ol11
Login to get fewer ads

The pitch on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 4265 viewsdalelee

The pitch on 20:32 - Dec 31 by 442Dale

Surprised how little has been made of it so far because it's playing as badly as I can remember at this stage of a season. It was terrible by the Doncaster Checkatrade game when you could visibly see the lack of trust players had in the surface.

Probably because Hornets are not the cause of the issues.
The pitch on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 4205 viewsjohnn

The pitch on 16:26 - Jan 4 by dalelee

Probably because Hornets are not the cause of the issues.

Pitch put down in 2017 was soil based and not sand based as it should have been??
The pitch on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 4172 viewsDaleiLama

It's not just the water drainage that's a problem, the cash drainage can't help either. Another thread was asking where all the money has gone .........

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The pitch on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 4153 viewssince58

The pitch on 17:07 - Jan 4 by DaleiLama

It's not just the water drainage that's a problem, the cash drainage can't help either. Another thread was asking where all the money has gone .........

Both threads have resurfaced.
The pitch on 18:56 - Jan 4 with 4038 viewsArthurDaley

think Hornets have two more friendly's after Sunday, at Spotland. Warrington being one cant remember the other one.

A large VAT Dave

The pitch on 20:04 - Jan 4 with 3951 viewsmingthemerciless

I suppose I'm not telling anybody anything they don't know but I've heard there are serious problems with the pitch. 80 tons of sand are just waiting for the rain to stop apparently. There are " pitch consultants " involved again so I'm told.

I could be wrong but this has been a very, very wet Autumn/Winter I'm afraid.
The pitch on 20:17 - Jan 4 with 3903 viewsDaleiLama

The pitch on 20:04 - Jan 4 by mingthemerciless

I suppose I'm not telling anybody anything they don't know but I've heard there are serious problems with the pitch. 80 tons of sand are just waiting for the rain to stop apparently. There are " pitch consultants " involved again so I'm told.

I could be wrong but this has been a very, very wet Autumn/Winter I'm afraid.

Is this why we are playing more hoofball to Calvin?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The pitch on 20:20 - Jan 4 with 3898 viewsColDale

It does seem that there is still plenty of work taking place on the pitch, seemingly at all hours of the day. Whenever I drive past the ground, you can see the reflection of the cannabis lights in the floodlights. But based on Monday's game, they're fighting a losing battle. The pitch is clearly ruined for the season now.

There's been whispers in the last few weeks of legal action being taken against those who did the pitch. Might be because its not lasted the 18 months that it was supposed to or down to mistakes at its installation, or nothing in it.
The pitch on 20:22 - Jan 4 with 3895 viewsBartRowou

The pitch will deteriorate as the season progresses. We should use this to our advantage and adapt our play accordingly. Nobody will want to come and play on it and it will make players like Canavan look decent.
The last thing we should be doing is spending a five-figure sum getting it relayed if it's going to be like it is now in a year's time.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

The pitch on 15:47 - Jan 5 with 3655 viewsrochdaleriddler

The pitch on 20:22 - Jan 4 by BartRowou

The pitch will deteriorate as the season progresses. We should use this to our advantage and adapt our play accordingly. Nobody will want to come and play on it and it will make players like Canavan look decent.
The last thing we should be doing is spending a five-figure sum getting it relayed if it's going to be like it is now in a year's time.

Another new one in the summer! , this one was only temporary apparently!

The pitch on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 3557 viewsmingthemerciless

At least today should have been a good drying day.
The pitch on 17:41 - Jan 5 with 3520 viewsrochdaleriddler

The pitch on 17:18 - Jan 5 by mingthemerciless

At least today should have been a good drying day.

Still had to give my thongs a few minutes in the dryer

The pitch on 18:06 - Jan 5 with 3475 viewsboromat

The pitch on 15:47 - Jan 5 by rochdaleriddler

Another new one in the summer! , this one was only temporary apparently!

How is 18 months temporary? We normally relay it every summer.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The pitch on 18:25 - Jan 5 with 3437 viewsrochdaleriddler

The pitch on 18:06 - Jan 5 by boromat

How is 18 months temporary? We normally relay it every summer.

On the club site

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024