Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best opening scenes to a film.. 04:04 - Jan 25 with 7913 viewsPommyhoop

OK Saving Pte Ryan is hard to beat
but '28 days later'was on again last night.
The opening scenes of deserted London always
get me..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 00:30 - Jan 26 with 1750 viewsHooped_Pullie

All the classics on this thread...love 'em all (especially Blade Runner & Lawrence of Arabia).

For sheer memorable grimness, though, it's hard to beat Children Of Men. The bit post-explosion where the guy emerges holding his own blown-off arm is frequently cut for tv, mind.

Would make a great double bill with 28 Days Later for perennial pessimists...
Best opening scenes to a film.. on 00:31 - Jan 26 with 1748 viewsisawqpratwcity

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 22:28 - Jan 25 by TheBlob

Lol, I hadn't seen that film!

The mere sight of Charlton Heston sets my pinko pacifist hackles rising. I was grinding my teeth picturing him saying "From my cold, dead hands" when the happy man cruising about town suddenly becomes the picture of responsible gun ownership the NRA would prefer you didn't see.

Thank you! Here's an anti-Dianne Abbott video to express my gratitude.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 09:51 - Jan 26 with 1683 viewsTheBlob

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 00:31 - Jan 26 by isawqpratwcity

Lol, I hadn't seen that film!

The mere sight of Charlton Heston sets my pinko pacifist hackles rising. I was grinding my teeth picturing him saying "From my cold, dead hands" when the happy man cruising about town suddenly becomes the picture of responsible gun ownership the NRA would prefer you didn't see.

Thank you! Here's an anti-Dianne Abbott video to express my gratitude.

Tsk tsk - let's suspend our political proclivities for at least the duration of a movie!
This was based (loosely) on the seminal work of paranoia "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson which Will Smith later ruined.But I'll even watch that because it's good Speculative(and predictive)Fiction.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:18 - Jan 26 with 1669 viewsrobith

My favourite film. Tarantino dialogue at its finest

"You want me to go and see a kung fu movie?"

"No.....I want you to see *three* kung fu movies"

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:24 - Jan 26 with 1663 viewsDorse

Two pages and still no reference to 'Two Girls, One Cup'. Kudos all round.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:24 - Jan 26 with 1663 viewsPunteR

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:18 - Jan 26 by robith

My favourite film. Tarantino dialogue at its finest

"You want me to go and see a kung fu movie?"

"No.....I want you to see *three* kung fu movies"

Great film. Funnily enough a couple of days ago i was showing a mate at work the Walken v Hopper scene.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 1650 viewshubble

The opening scene to Fellini's La Dolce Vita is brilliant - a statue of Jesus being helicoptered over Rome, followed by another helicopter full of papparazo who stop to hover over a rooftop of bikini-clad beauties on the way.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:35 - Jan 26 with 1644 viewsrobith

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 10:24 - Jan 26 by PunteR

Great film. Funnily enough a couple of days ago i was showing a mate at work the Walken v Hopper scene.

I love it. Might out myself as lame here, but we had a true romance theme to our wedding, including custom Clarence and Alabama cake toppers we had made

[Post edited 26 Jan 2018 10:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 11:37 - Jan 26 with 1618 viewsTacticalR

@isawqpratwcity 'The mere sight of Charlton Heston sets my pinko pacifist hackles rising. I was grinding my teeth picturing him saying "From my cold, dead hands" when the happy man cruising about town suddenly becomes the picture of responsible gun ownership the NRA would prefer you didn't see.'

Personally I am a Heston fan, and whatever he became later on, in the 60s he was a Civil Rights advocate and an opponent of the Vietnam War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

Air hostess clique

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 13:28 - Jan 26 with 1567 viewsisawqpratwcity

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 11:37 - Jan 26 by TacticalR

@isawqpratwcity 'The mere sight of Charlton Heston sets my pinko pacifist hackles rising. I was grinding my teeth picturing him saying "From my cold, dead hands" when the happy man cruising about town suddenly becomes the picture of responsible gun ownership the NRA would prefer you didn't see.'

Personally I am a Heston fan, and whatever he became later on, in the 60s he was a Civil Rights advocate and an opponent of the Vietnam War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston

I meant that as a flippant comment, but it is fairly close to my opinion of the man.

Normally I find Wiki to be a reasonable source, but I wasn't impressed by that article. Of course it would be very difficult to pinpoint exactly where he stood and when, because his views underwent such a complete reversal. For example, that article seems to say he supported both Johnson and Goldwater in the 1964 election.

But regardless of that, I am puzzled that you hold the man in high esteem for views that he later at least partially, or completely, repudiated (I refer to the Million Man March and Promise Keepers March comments, and Vietnam support, respectively). I believe people are allowed to change their minds, so if someone alters their opinion on any subject, assess them on their latest considered position.

Whatever he may have been before, he turned into a grotesque conservative zealot.

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 13:38 - Jan 26 with 1556 viewsTheBlob

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 13:28 - Jan 26 by isawqpratwcity

I meant that as a flippant comment, but it is fairly close to my opinion of the man.

Normally I find Wiki to be a reasonable source, but I wasn't impressed by that article. Of course it would be very difficult to pinpoint exactly where he stood and when, because his views underwent such a complete reversal. For example, that article seems to say he supported both Johnson and Goldwater in the 1964 election.

But regardless of that, I am puzzled that you hold the man in high esteem for views that he later at least partially, or completely, repudiated (I refer to the Million Man March and Promise Keepers March comments, and Vietnam support, respectively). I believe people are allowed to change their minds, so if someone alters their opinion on any subject, assess them on their latest considered position.

Whatever he may have been before, he turned into a grotesque conservative zealot.

Loved Ben - hated Hur.

I say again why should background politics ruin your enjoyment of a movie?
I like Danny Glover and Predator 2 although he's a loony communist.
But then again Hollywood in general,and Disney,don't bear close examinstion do they?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 14:16 - Jan 26 with 1541 viewsisawqpratwcity

Best opening scenes to a film.. on 13:38 - Jan 26 by TheBlob

Loved Ben - hated Hur.

I say again why should background politics ruin your enjoyment of a movie?
I like Danny Glover and Predator 2 although he's a loony communist.
But then again Hollywood in general,and Disney,don't bear close examinstion do they?

Oh, alright, I'll get down off my high horse...(mumble, grumble)

But it's still Ben Hur, thumbs up, Planet of the Apes thumbs down!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024