Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 17:43 - Feb 17 with 12159 viewsconnell10

That was without doubt the best cross I’ve seen at loftus road for many a year!! The boy looks class!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 01:07 - Feb 19 with 1573 viewsqpr1976

Depends on your definition of “many a year” but if anyone can inprove on Adels outside boot from the dugouts to Routledge for the winner v Cov City in our Champions season, I’ll crawl back under my rock and delete my profile....!

And lets not pile too much pressure on young Smyth. He’s only played 1 full game + a nice cameo Sub v Bolton. Shame he didn’t stay on the pitch long enough to impact the result v the MK Dons debacle. He’s only just back from injury, so the experience of Conor was always the best option to start with.
Smyth on 07:23 - Feb 19 with 1480 viewskomradkirk

I thought the second goal was the stuff us older fans love.Beat yer man son,get to the byeline,set it up at the back stick,get yer heed on that big lad.
Marvellous.
Smyth on 07:29 - Feb 19 with 1473 viewsjonno

Smyth on 00:02 - Feb 19 by connell10

Brian ive watched the goal a few times and just before he crossed the ball he has a quickest of glances up, yes i think you will find he spotted Smith and put in a perfect cross! It was brilliant.

Maybe, but these days the game is so fast that players are told to simply put the ball "in the right area" without looking up and it's the responsibility of the striker to attack the ball. Smyth's cross was perfect for Smith, as somebody else has said it had pace on it and was the right height for Smith to get to it first in front of a defender as he ran in towards goal. We need more crosses like that, too often they are just floated in with no pace, and also from nowhere near the byeline, usually about level with the start of the penalty area, which are just so easy to defend for the centre back.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 7:30]
Smyth on 09:33 - Feb 19 with 1361 viewssimmo

Just over 100 minutes of promise, there's a long way to go before people should start making the comparisons they have on this thread but in terms of what we seem to be missing (specifically what Washington should be adding), he's a breathe of fresh air.

End product is something we're severely short of and a goal and assist in just over 1 game is a great start, but not much more than that - let's not do what the club did post-Cardiff and push him under the spotlight to receive more pressure than is necessary. In some ways that injury came at a good time as it removed him from the hype machine for a bit. But let's hope he stays fit now as the safer we get the more chance to see him, alongside Chair, Eze, Oteh, etc get some proper minutes and show that they've got enough to be part of this new look QPR for next season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smyth on 10:33 - Feb 19 with 1305 viewsOldPedro

Smyth on 07:23 - Feb 19 by komradkirk

I thought the second goal was the stuff us older fans love.Beat yer man son,get to the byeline,set it up at the back stick,get yer heed on that big lad.
Marvellous.

Totally agree - wish Pav had done a bit more of this in the 2nd half but he seemed to keep turning inside. Smyth showed what was possible with his run and cross

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Smyth on 12:43 - Feb 19 with 1197 viewsqprd

Smyth on 10:33 - Feb 19 by OldPedro

Totally agree - wish Pav had done a bit more of this in the 2nd half but he seemed to keep turning inside. Smyth showed what was possible with his run and cross

don't think you can blame pav on that front

its really just a function of him playing as a wingback.

throughout the match, he was taking his first touches basically within three yards of either side of the half way line. unless youre Wilfred zaha, not many wingers can collect the ball from that starting point and make use of it

pav is being stifled massively in the formation

having said all that, there was a massive amount of space behind pav and the left back who was defending him.... Washington failed to run into that space when we were playing with 2 strikers
Smyth on 12:49 - Feb 19 with 1183 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone remember Kevin McLeod’s wicked cross to Furlong to make it 1-0 in the last few mins(2004?)
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 12:51]
Smyth on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 1165 viewsMaggsinho

Smyth on 12:49 - Feb 19 by thame_hoops

Anyone remember Kevin McLeod’s wicked cross to Furlong to make it 1-0 in the last few mins(2004?)

Against Bournemouth wasn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 1150 viewsmakaveli1882

Smyth on 12:49 - Feb 19 by thame_hoops

No that was the best cross Ive seen at Loft end, think it was Wigan.
Smyth on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 1140 viewsloftboy

Smyth on 13:04 - Feb 19 by makaveli1882

No that was the best cross Ive seen at Loft end, think it was Wigan.

It was Wigan, who were top by a mile at the time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Smyth on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 1130 viewsthame_hoops

Smyth on 13:08 - Feb 19 by loftboy

It was Wigan, who were top by a mile at the time.

that's Right, Wigan who played in all black.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024