Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How funny........ 18:16 - Mar 29 with 6978 views100percent

is that cricket geezer crying in that interview???!!!
definitely not a cricket fan, so totally unaware of what significance it is - but those tears are as crocodile as paul hogan.... absolutely hilarious.....
How funny........ on 12:18 - Mar 31 with 1662 views100percent

How funny........ on 15:19 - Mar 30 by timcocking

Life ban? Haven't a clue what you mean. Don't footballers get a one match ban for diving? Who gets life bans? Ashley Young? Great.

Ban is fine by me, i'm not even talking about the ban, couldn't care less about it. I'm talking about the sick media spectacle.

So the aggressive tones when in fact you just didn't understand is pretty fcukin stupid and out of order.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 15:25]

says the person calling me a sociopath. seriously.
you are missing the point completely. if you think there is an iota of honesty in that fool's crocodile tears, then you are even more stupid than you appear.
As has been pointed out, it's a PR exercise - an attempt to gain sympathy for some very obvious cheating.
But you carry on defending him, a clear conscience is always the softest pillow.
How funny........ on 13:02 - Mar 31 with 1627 viewsisawqpratwcity

How funny........ on 12:18 - Mar 31 by 100percent

says the person calling me a sociopath. seriously.
you are missing the point completely. if you think there is an iota of honesty in that fool's crocodile tears, then you are even more stupid than you appear.
As has been pointed out, it's a PR exercise - an attempt to gain sympathy for some very obvious cheating.
But you carry on defending him, a clear conscience is always the softest pillow.

No, I read it as Steve Smith being genuinely upset in front of his father. I think there was real shame in his tears.

It's unfortunate if you disagree, but there we are.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

How funny........ on 16:23 - Mar 31 with 1553 viewsdanehoop

How funny........ on 12:05 - Mar 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Prior to this meeting, he would have met a PR advisor, and that person would have issued the now standard stuff expected by people in such situations of self-imposed disgrace: show contrition; try and say sorry several times; say you've let everyone down; tears? tears are good; and look like a shit after a shower.

If you are mug enough to fall for this crap, then ask yourself this, if the Aussies hadn't been caught, would he have come clean? Would he and they balls! They would have continued in the same arrogant vein.

They are the biggest babies out there. Who ever said the worst winners has it spot on. They give it out, can't take it and I have as much sympathy for this 'cheat' as I do for the King of Cheats, Lance Armstrong. The similarities are striking!

I think that this post is the nub of this. If they hadn't have been caught on camera Warner, Smith and Bancroft wouldn't have had a modicum of regret, especially if they had been able to win the match as a result of their actions. The remorse being shown now is about being caught out in the public eye and for the harshness of the penalty which each faces. Some may think it disproportionate, but when the captain and vice captain of arguably the highest profile test teams get caught blatantly trying to cheat in this way the sentence will inevitably be harsh, in part to reflect the seriousness of the offence and in part to discourage other repeating similar "mistakes."

Should we feel sorry for them? No They decided to attempt to blatantly cheat, having fostered an atmosphere of quite amazing bad sportsmanship within the team culture.

Never knowingly understood

How funny........ on 11:55 - Apr 2 with 1419 viewszizoustainrod

How funny........ on 16:23 - Mar 31 by danehoop

I think that this post is the nub of this. If they hadn't have been caught on camera Warner, Smith and Bancroft wouldn't have had a modicum of regret, especially if they had been able to win the match as a result of their actions. The remorse being shown now is about being caught out in the public eye and for the harshness of the penalty which each faces. Some may think it disproportionate, but when the captain and vice captain of arguably the highest profile test teams get caught blatantly trying to cheat in this way the sentence will inevitably be harsh, in part to reflect the seriousness of the offence and in part to discourage other repeating similar "mistakes."

Should we feel sorry for them? No They decided to attempt to blatantly cheat, having fostered an atmosphere of quite amazing bad sportsmanship within the team culture.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of blokes. Epitimised unsporting behaviour for a long, long time now. Got what they deserved.

The game of cricket will be the better for it.
How funny........ on 12:52 - Apr 2 with 1361 viewssmegma

How funny........ on 13:02 - Mar 31 by isawqpratwcity

No, I read it as Steve Smith being genuinely upset in front of his father. I think there was real shame in his tears.

It's unfortunate if you disagree, but there we are.

Nothing to do with the fact they will be missing out in £millions of sponsorship deals then.
How funny........ on 13:24 - Apr 2 with 1334 viewsisawqpratwcity

How funny........ on 12:52 - Apr 2 by smegma

Nothing to do with the fact they will be missing out in £millions of sponsorship deals then.

No.

When the scandal first broke, it was estimated that he could lose as much as $40-$50 million, and I reported that on LFW. That would assume that his cricket career in all guises is over, which is possible, but unlikely. He's still the highest rated batsman in the world. He's been playing for his country since 2010 and captain since 2015. His net worth is currently estimated at $20 million. So he never needs to work again, but I'll bet you haven't seen the last of him.

Sorry to disappoint.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024