Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Ray – RIP 14:18 - Apr 4 with 22797 viewskingo

Very sad news

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Super Ray – RIP on 14:45 - Apr 9 with 2564 viewsthemodfather

also the "crab" thing, im sure ray gave an interview where he explained that he was told to give the ball to robbo at every oppurtunity, and robbo was usually to his side!!
those were the days when robbo was england and football......still shocked at the news.
some great memories of great days flooding back.
Super Ray – RIP on 15:43 - Apr 9 with 2508 viewspaulparker

nearly got in a fight the weekend with a "utd fan" in the pub as he was saying Wilkins was sh1t and kept calling him the crab, at first I thought it was a wind up but as kept on and on it soon became apparent that it wasn't , he politely declined my invitation to meet in the car park though

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Super Ray – RIP on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 2416 viewsE17hoop

Was reminded of this earlier:
http://qprnet.com/index.php/qprnet-interviews/53-interview-wilkins

Good interview by Ron on QPRnet in 2005.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Super Ray – RIP on 21:15 - Apr 9 with 2390 viewsflynnbo

Wonderfully candid man was our Ray. Having lost both him and Jimmy Armfield in close succession, football punditry is much the poorer for it. Furthermore, we have lost two great gentlemen of the sport. The current batch have a great deal to live up to, in my opinion..
Super Ray – RIP on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 2272 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Super Ray – RIP on 13:58 - Apr 11 with 2208 viewsW7Ranger

Apart from spending a lot of my mid to late teen years watching in pure awe and amazement at the way Wilkins dictated matches with his calmness and exquisite skill, I only have one tiny moment of witnessing his dry sense of humour.

As a 14-15 year old he had not long joined us, and I would get in to the ground (in the Loft by the corner flag) early to watch the team warm up. You'd have lots of kids sitting on the wall of the paddock, shouting at the players to come over and give there autographs. One game, you've got 3 or 4 kids all shouting "Wilkins! Wilkins! Wilkins!" He came jogging over in his usual way before saying to these 10-11 year olds "Why don't you call me Ray like everyone else??!!"

Not a brilliant story/moment compared to others on here, but it did put a smile on my face at the time.

Didn't realise how gutted I would be at his passing. Kind of took it for granted that he would always be there. A fine footballer, and an even finer human being by all accounts. I'm not ashamed to say that I did shed a tear at the game last night.

#ripray

[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 14:06]
Super Ray – RIP on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 2196 viewstimcocking

Super Ray – RIP on 15:43 - Apr 9 by paulparker

nearly got in a fight the weekend with a "utd fan" in the pub as he was saying Wilkins was sh1t and kept calling him the crab, at first I thought it was a wind up but as kept on and on it soon became apparent that it wasn't , he politely declined my invitation to meet in the car park though

well done Paul, huge respect
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024