Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Champions league 20:37 - Apr 4 with 5834 viewsnorthampton_hoop

Liverpool beating Manc 3-0 at half time! Playing them off the park. Good game so far. Bit like watching rangers.
Champions league on 13:11 - Apr 5 with 1870 viewsRBlock

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Liverpool. Went to Uni up there, and have a fair few scouse mates. All gobby pricks, but they've had some great players through the years, and never grated on my like the Man Utd fans, or them lot up the road. Some great attacking teams under Rodgers, and now Klopp. Wish them all the best, love to see them win the Champions League. Also because it would piss Mourinho right off
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 13:11]
Champions league on 14:00 - Apr 5 with 1813 viewsHunterhoop

Champions league on 13:11 - Apr 5 by RBlock

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Liverpool. Went to Uni up there, and have a fair few scouse mates. All gobby pricks, but they've had some great players through the years, and never grated on my like the Man Utd fans, or them lot up the road. Some great attacking teams under Rodgers, and now Klopp. Wish them all the best, love to see them win the Champions League. Also because it would piss Mourinho right off
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 13:11]

Similar for me. Always liked them. Mum and her whole family is from Liverpool. Girlfriend of 3 years is too. Both families are reds. It's a great city nowadays too, and I've always seen them as a proper football team that tries to play good football and tries to attack. At the minute they're great to watch. And on their day Anfiekd creates an amazing atmosphere that just isn't recreated at Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, Old Trafford, etc. To my mind most Liverpool fans in Liverpool are proper football fans who always find a way to get to the big games, instead of the tourists, who just get to go when they play the likes of us.

Yes, as a club they have their fair share of bellends, but so does every club. The Suarez affair was unpleasant but I don't think that should tar the club forever nor its fans. We wouldn't want "moneybags" QPR to.

Of the "big" clubs it'd always be Liverpool. "Ye nite ted" and Chelscum are far worse. Arsenal fans are ridiculous. A lot of City's fans today weren't there 10 years ago and they've completely bought their success...and I have absolutely no attachment to Spurs.
Champions league on 14:28 - Apr 5 with 1792 viewspaulparker

Champions league on 14:00 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Similar for me. Always liked them. Mum and her whole family is from Liverpool. Girlfriend of 3 years is too. Both families are reds. It's a great city nowadays too, and I've always seen them as a proper football team that tries to play good football and tries to attack. At the minute they're great to watch. And on their day Anfiekd creates an amazing atmosphere that just isn't recreated at Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, Old Trafford, etc. To my mind most Liverpool fans in Liverpool are proper football fans who always find a way to get to the big games, instead of the tourists, who just get to go when they play the likes of us.

Yes, as a club they have their fair share of bellends, but so does every club. The Suarez affair was unpleasant but I don't think that should tar the club forever nor its fans. We wouldn't want "moneybags" QPR to.

Of the "big" clubs it'd always be Liverpool. "Ye nite ted" and Chelscum are far worse. Arsenal fans are ridiculous. A lot of City's fans today weren't there 10 years ago and they've completely bought their success...and I have absolutely no attachment to Spurs.

I've always seen them as a proper football team that tries to play good football and tries to attack

the benitez teams didn't they were the most boring to watch , and if your old enough to remember the team of Hanson and lawrenson they were the pass back masters who suffocated teams into submission
dogleish also hated QPR with a passion and was an utter tvvat when we used to beat them the only satisfaction is we stopped them doing the treble in 86

who always find a way to get to the big games

yeah heysel, mugging kids of their cup final tickets after Hillsborough , storming the gates in Athens
yeah lovable rogues the lot of them

f8ck them I hope they never win a trophy again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Champions league on 15:43 - Apr 5 with 1743 viewsHunterhoop

Champions league on 14:28 - Apr 5 by paulparker

I've always seen them as a proper football team that tries to play good football and tries to attack

the benitez teams didn't they were the most boring to watch , and if your old enough to remember the team of Hanson and lawrenson they were the pass back masters who suffocated teams into submission
dogleish also hated QPR with a passion and was an utter tvvat when we used to beat them the only satisfaction is we stopped them doing the treble in 86

who always find a way to get to the big games

yeah heysel, mugging kids of their cup final tickets after Hillsborough , storming the gates in Athens
yeah lovable rogues the lot of them

f8ck them I hope they never win a trophy again

So you don't agree?

Like RBlock, I knew it wasn't a popular viewpoint. I think most of what you wrote there is tosh, but we're allowed to disagree. I get why some don't like them. There are some good reasons. Don't deny that. There's good reason to dislike a lot of teams. I don't mind them. And of all the "big teams" I dislike them the least. Shoot me down! What an awful position to hold. Even if there are family links.
Champions league on 15:53 - Apr 5 with 1727 viewspaulparker

Champions league on 15:43 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

So you don't agree?

Like RBlock, I knew it wasn't a popular viewpoint. I think most of what you wrote there is tosh, but we're allowed to disagree. I get why some don't like them. There are some good reasons. Don't deny that. There's good reason to dislike a lot of teams. I don't mind them. And of all the "big teams" I dislike them the least. Shoot me down! What an awful position to hold. Even if there are family links.

which bit is tosh ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Champions league on 16:06 - Apr 5 with 1703 viewsDorse

If I had to choose between ManUre, Citeh, 'The C-Word' and Liverpool to win the jamponzleeg ((c) Shteeve) then I would have to go for the Scousers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Champions league on 16:11 - Apr 5 with 1690 viewsMick_S

Champions league on 16:06 - Apr 5 by Dorse

If I had to choose between ManUre, Citeh, 'The C-Word' and Liverpool to win the jamponzleeg ((c) Shteeve) then I would have to go for the Scousers.

I'm generally ambivalent when watching other clubs on tv and normally end up slightly rooting for the team that cheats the least, so (sort of) along those lines, it's Man City for me, because of all that nonsense when their team bus approached the stadium.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2018 16:11]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Champions league on 20:23 - Apr 5 with 1622 viewssuperstan

They seem to think they have won something before getting over the final hurdle, ie their victory parade before losing to the scum.
Login to get fewer ads

Champions league on 09:46 - Apr 6 with 1523 viewsElHoop

It's because of the notorious scouse that I support QPR at all.

My first trip to W12 was that opening game of the season 1975-76 when QPR beat Liverpool 2-0 and the goal of the season was scored. Wasn't much fun had in the away end that day! But i was somewhat captivated by QPR's performance and went back to see a game against Man City later that season when QPR won again 1-0 and i think Asa Hartford was sent off for crimes against Stanley, if I remember correctly. The next season I went to a few UEFA cup games and at some point around that time allegiances switched.

As for Liverpool, I went to a few games up there as a kid. The most memorable was a Fairs Cup semi final against Leeds at Anfield. At the time I thought that all games were like that. You couldn't actually hear yourself speak. Standing in a sort of paddock on the side of the pitch, I had expected to hear the Kop singing all of the time but Leeds weren't having that - it was just a wall of noise all night and Leeds won I think. I'm not sure that I've ever heard a noise like that since then. It was just awesome.

What they say about parking your car and having it 'looked after' was all true back then, but my uncle was kind of one of them so he knew how to handle it. The kid wanted a shilling or two or whatever it was to mind the car, and my uncle offered him double if he was there when we got back. My dad questioned this on the way to the ground and suggested that the car might be wrecked. My uncle just said something like 'He'll be there believe me, and so will the car!'

My dad left Liverpool when he was 5, so he doesn't know a word of scouse but he's always supported them. I kind of lost it with them in terms of being 'sympathetic' after Heysel and I've never been back there since I supported QPR, but back in the day it was genuinely a magical place. Yes they're all mad - there's nobody like them for better and for worse.
Champions league on 10:24 - Apr 6 with 1498 viewsHadders

A hilarious (for the posh anthropological commentary) and fascinating clip from the 60s.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024