Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For God's sake, Holloway..... 12:09 - Apr 15 with 4956 viewsBushRanger82

Resist the urge to further experiment with team selection/tactics, whatever, next week at Brentford.
For the sake of pride in ourselves, and our club, do not under any circumstances leave us open to a no-show by the team you put out, and more humiliation at the hands of those eejits in red and white stripes.
Think of the supporters who have paid out good money to cheer the boys on, money doesn't come as easily to most of us, as it does you chaps in football la-la land, you know.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 1075 viewssimmo

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 by Northernr

Yeh it annoys me when we win and he changes it all around. Players have earned the right for another go.

Agree with this and BushRanger's sentiments in general, but the problem is it's not always feasible to pick purely on performances in the last match or most recent form. Freeman for example was on the bench against Villa as Eze came in (and got MoM), would you then have kept many peoples POTY elect Freeman on the bench for the forseeable? Same applies to Manning/Scowen, etc.

Certain players I think deserve a prolonged run, the likes of Smyth especially. But if IH drops people like Wzsolek / Freeman / Scowen and we lose games, people will be pointing fingers and complaining that we're not picking our 'best players'.

Between now and the end of the season I want us to play roughly the same system/formation but give more minutes to the likes of Smyth, BOS, Eze, Sylla, Cousins, Manning, Ingram and maybe even a run out for Chair, Kakay, etc. At the moment that's what is happening so I'm fine with it.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 17:16]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:22 - Apr 16 with 1060 viewsessextaxiboy

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Like many others, I think when a manager starts off on the wrong foot, he should do whatever needs doing to rectify the situation, whether it be trying out different players, or changing formation.

It's when a manager hits on a winning formula, that experimentation can take a deserved back seat.

That's my take on it, anyway.

I disagree ,

We are safe , whilst paying due respect to the competition now is the time to try stuff out , evaluate fringe players especially those out of contract , and add to the experience of young players, regardless of the result of the last game

I expect him to play his strongest available team against Brentford because he knows that it has added significance and that he will get pelters should we lose with a "weakened" team .
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:27 - Apr 16 with 1050 viewsngbqpr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:04 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Like many others, I think when a manager starts off on the wrong foot, he should do whatever needs doing to rectify the situation, whether it be trying out different players, or changing formation.

It's when a manager hits on a winning formula, that experimentation can take a deserved back seat.

That's my take on it, anyway.

So what's your strongest 11?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:42 - Apr 16 with 1025 viewsNorthernr

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:15 - Apr 16 by simmo

Agree with this and BushRanger's sentiments in general, but the problem is it's not always feasible to pick purely on performances in the last match or most recent form. Freeman for example was on the bench against Villa as Eze came in (and got MoM), would you then have kept many peoples POTY elect Freeman on the bench for the forseeable? Same applies to Manning/Scowen, etc.

Certain players I think deserve a prolonged run, the likes of Smyth especially. But if IH drops people like Wzsolek / Freeman / Scowen and we lose games, people will be pointing fingers and complaining that we're not picking our 'best players'.

Between now and the end of the season I want us to play roughly the same system/formation but give more minutes to the likes of Smyth, BOS, Eze, Sylla, Cousins, Manning, Ingram and maybe even a run out for Chair, Kakay, etc. At the moment that's what is happening so I'm fine with it.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 17:16]

There's a difference between giving Freeman a rest at Villa and Eze a go (one change) and winning 4-2 at home and making five changes including taking the scorers of three of the goals out.

Like you say, too many players to fit into the team, so there does need to be some rotation, but one or two changes at a time, not five or six.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:44 - Apr 16 with 1017 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:27 - Apr 16 by ngbqpr

So what's your strongest 11?

Here it is, for what it's worth.

Smithies.
Furlong.
Baptiste.
Robinson.
Bidwell.
Wszolek.
Scowen.
Luongo.
Freeman.
Smyth.
Smith.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:55 - Apr 16 with 994 viewsessextaxiboy

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:44 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

Here it is, for what it's worth.

Smithies.
Furlong.
Baptiste.
Robinson.
Bidwell.
Wszolek.
Scowen.
Luongo.
Freeman.
Smyth.
Smith.

He has said that he wants to chase them down and stop them playing .

I wouldnt be surprised if he picks Washington and Smyth followed by an explosion on the Match Thread .............
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 18:02]
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:56 - Apr 16 with 992 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:22 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

I disagree ,

We are safe , whilst paying due respect to the competition now is the time to try stuff out , evaluate fringe players especially those out of contract , and add to the experience of young players, regardless of the result of the last game

I expect him to play his strongest available team against Brentford because he knows that it has added significance and that he will get pelters should we lose with a "weakened" team .

That's the thing. While talking about last the last few games and all the changes made, we cast our minds back to last season when we reached 50 points, and Holloway tinkered like there was no tomorrow.

We seldom, If ever, give our opponents, or the Championship as a whole, due respect.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:02 - Apr 16 with 984 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:55 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

He has said that he wants to chase them down and stop them playing .

I wouldnt be surprised if he picks Washington and Smyth followed by an explosion on the Match Thread .............
[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 18:02]

What he says he wants, and what actually gets delivered, are two different things, more often than not.
Login to get fewer ads

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:02 - Apr 16 with 984 viewsessextaxiboy

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 17:56 - Apr 16 by BushRanger82

That's the thing. While talking about last the last few games and all the changes made, we cast our minds back to last season when we reached 50 points, and Holloway tinkered like there was no tomorrow.

We seldom, If ever, give our opponents, or the Championship as a whole, due respect.

We obviously turned it in to early last season and couldnt get going again but this season is different .
We are safe , we have got a decent crop of young players pushing for a place and I would like to see them given a go .
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:06 - Apr 16 with 974 viewsBushRanger82

For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:02 - Apr 16 by essextaxiboy

We obviously turned it in to early last season and couldnt get going again but this season is different .
We are safe , we have got a decent crop of young players pushing for a place and I would like to see them given a go .

I know you do.
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:21 - Apr 16 with 964 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't we make only 1 change after Norwich and then lost 4-0 to Hull?

Bit like 4 at the back was going to solve all our problems - football, especially the Championship, isn't that easy to work out.

Its just football though really, most high profile example is surely Man City 2 Man Utd 3, Man Utd 0 WBA 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you beat the best team in the league - by miles - away and lose at home to the worse team in the league - by miles - the following week!
For God's sake, Holloway..... on 18:22 - Apr 16 with 961 viewsJuzzie

I don't mind a little tinkering when we're safe (although last season was a bit premature!) to try out other players but absolutely 100% not this Saturday!

As said by others, he nearly got egg on his face after proclaiming after the 4-1 League Cup tonking we'd see a different team in the home League game only to be 2-0 down come injury time. He got away with that one, don't do it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024