Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm at a loss... 21:31 - Apr 24 with 11380 viewsSandyDrum

We desperately need a win and we have a striker and a playmaker sat on the bench.
Gillam hasn't touched the ball and Raffle in centre mid isn't working.

Baffling substitutions yet again.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

I'm at a loss... on 08:05 - Apr 25 with 2284 viewsaleanddale

I'm at a loss... on 06:15 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

There’s another if in there.

Look forward to Oxford on Saturday where if we do snatch a win it would go such a long way In the bid to escape the crappy position we put ourselves in.

Fitz - I am interested why would me posting the above prompt your reply?.
I'm at a loss... on 08:10 - Apr 25 with 2276 viewsaleanddale

I'm at a loss... on 07:50 - Apr 25 by rochdaleriddler

Our home form is terrible, and you are staggered people criticise the manager?

With two games to go and one more win probably required it is a strange stance to take (timing wise) to come on here to slag off the manager, especially one who is a club managerial legend.

Each to there own....... Onto Oxford.

Up the Dale.
I'm at a loss... on 08:12 - Apr 25 with 2273 views1907

The Raff sub was needed as Kitching was dire again. Yards of the pace against decent midfielders.

The Gilliam sub not so much, KH showed his hand too soon with that one which left us with little options to make later on.

If we can beat Oxford and Northampton and Oldham both lose we’re in a hell of a position.

Thought the supporters were fantastic last night, as they have been all season. That first half was as bad as anything in living memory (ironic for Hill to mention Barrow) yet everyone was still behind the team.
I'm at a loss... on 08:17 - Apr 25 with 2252 viewsaleanddale

I'm at a loss... on 08:12 - Apr 25 by 1907

The Raff sub was needed as Kitching was dire again. Yards of the pace against decent midfielders.

The Gilliam sub not so much, KH showed his hand too soon with that one which left us with little options to make later on.

If we can beat Oxford and Northampton and Oldham both lose we’re in a hell of a position.

Thought the supporters were fantastic last night, as they have been all season. That first half was as bad as anything in living memory (ironic for Hill to mention Barrow) yet everyone was still behind the team.

Careful using IF.

That scenario would be enough and we would be as good as safe with our superior GD.

Sounds easy!
I'm at a loss... on 08:40 - Apr 25 with 2212 viewsSandyDrum

I'm at a loss... on 05:54 - Apr 25 by aleanddale

Op at a loss?

at a point that lifts us out of the relegation zone against a side who Wigan / Blackburn apart looked the best side by a country mile we have faced at Spotland.

Enjoy looking at the league 1 table that should help.

Look forward to Oxford on Saturday where if we do snatch a win it would go such a long way In the bid to escape the crappy position we put ourselves in.

In isolation it was a tremendous point.

Right, let me try this again seeing I've already explained my point twice in this thread but some people just seem to be unable to read/read what they want to see.

I. Am. Not. Disappointed. With. The. Point!!

I. Am. Not. Disappointed. With. The. Team's. 2nd. Half. Performance.

What I am disappointed in is the decision to play Calvin Andrew on the right wing for 25 minutes, which Hill has addressed and admitted was wrong.

I would have also liked to have seen a different player than Gillam come on at half time and Steven Davies to have come on maybe 10-15 minutes earlier.

It's really not that difficult to understand and just because I thought the decisions were baffling, doesn't mean I don't think it's a fantastic point and that I'm not happy with being outside the relegation zone.

There's a real attitude that stinks on this messageboard where people read what they want to see and react to it, rather than seeing if the person's post has been explained further down the thread.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 8:48]

I'm at a loss... on 08:45 - Apr 25 with 2196 viewsDaley_Lama

I blame the click.

Poll: DF in or out

I'm at a loss... on 08:46 - Apr 25 with 2190 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm at a loss... on 08:12 - Apr 25 by 1907

The crowd was great , only a few signs of frustration when we were playing so badly in first half . Why Hill didn't mention that, instead of asking if we want to be in league two is puzzling

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I'm at a loss... on 10:52 - Apr 25 with 1996 viewssoulboy

I'm at a loss... on 08:02 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

Yes - was last night not a brilliant point? We could EASILY have been looking at Oldham's ft score being our scoreline at ht - Plymouth were running us ragged and if it weren't for Josh and the back 4 defending so heroically the game would have been done. Even then after regrouping and starting the 2nd half on the front foot we went behind - we could have buckled but we showed some real fight and guts and character and scored almost immediately. Magnificent.
But hey ... no
Let's slag off Gillam and Hill.
That just seems a peculiar way of supporting your team to me.

Exactly, several "supporters" in the main stand never shout one word of encouragement, but as soon as one mistake is made theyre on the players backs immediately.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm at a loss... on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 1973 viewssoulboy

Wiseman was superb last night, quick in the tackle and some fine runs and crosses.
I'm at a loss... on 11:20 - Apr 25 with 1920 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm at a loss... on 08:40 - Apr 25 by SandyDrum

Right, let me try this again seeing I've already explained my point twice in this thread but some people just seem to be unable to read/read what they want to see.

I. Am. Not. Disappointed. With. The. Point!!

I. Am. Not. Disappointed. With. The. Team's. 2nd. Half. Performance.

What I am disappointed in is the decision to play Calvin Andrew on the right wing for 25 minutes, which Hill has addressed and admitted was wrong.

I would have also liked to have seen a different player than Gillam come on at half time and Steven Davies to have come on maybe 10-15 minutes earlier.

It's really not that difficult to understand and just because I thought the decisions were baffling, doesn't mean I don't think it's a fantastic point and that I'm not happy with being outside the relegation zone.

There's a real attitude that stinks on this messageboard where people read what they want to see and react to it, rather than seeing if the person's post has been explained further down the thread.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 8:48]

Marked you down in error

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I'm at a loss... on 11:23 - Apr 25 with 1895 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm at a loss... on 08:10 - Apr 25 by aleanddale

With two games to go and one more win probably required it is a strange stance to take (timing wise) to come on here to slag off the manager, especially one who is a club managerial legend.

Each to there own....... Onto Oxford.

Up the Dale.

To query which subs were used is not slagging off the manager, this is a forum , for discussion not just for kissing Keith Hill's arse.

I'm at a loss... on 11:27 - Apr 25 with 1890 viewsJL_Dale

Genuinely baffled that people think bringing Raff on for Kitching was a bad substitution.

Kitching couldn’t trap a bag of cement in the first half, constantly misplaced passes that he tried (that’s when he wasn’t hopelessly hoofing it up to no one).

Raff broke up their play nicely, his position was disciplined which allowed Rathbone and Camps to press on.

Plymouth’s first half performance was probably the best I’ve seen anyone play at Spotland all season, both subs and change of tactics helped stop them doing the same to us in the 2nd half. If you can’t see that the changes Hill made helped us then there’s no helping you.
I'm at a loss... on 11:43 - Apr 25 with 1860 viewsJimmyRustler

Hill got it wrong but the fact that he realised this and changed it is to his credit - to actually articulate this point in his post match interview was even more pleasing and refreshing to hear.

Hopefully we can continue our fantastic recent away form and pick up a win at Oxford on Saturday. Of course, it would be great if teams around us drop points too but as long as we look after our own fixtures then we are safe. Now there's a sentence I didn't think I'd be typing a couple of months back!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 11:44]
I'm at a loss... on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 1827 viewsSandyDrum

I'm at a loss... on 11:27 - Apr 25 by JL_Dale

Genuinely baffled that people think bringing Raff on for Kitching was a bad substitution.

Kitching couldn’t trap a bag of cement in the first half, constantly misplaced passes that he tried (that’s when he wasn’t hopelessly hoofing it up to no one).

Raff broke up their play nicely, his position was disciplined which allowed Rathbone and Camps to press on.

Plymouth’s first half performance was probably the best I’ve seen anyone play at Spotland all season, both subs and change of tactics helped stop them doing the same to us in the 2nd half. If you can’t see that the changes Hill made helped us then there’s no helping you.

I will admit I was wrong about Raf.

First 15 minutes of the 2nd half he hoofed the ball out of play about 5 times, but he did come into the game and control the midfield well for the last half hour.

Still stand by my points regarding Gillam and Davies though.

I'm at a loss... on 12:16 - Apr 25 with 1766 viewsJL_Dale

I'm at a loss... on 11:58 - Apr 25 by SandyDrum

I will admit I was wrong about Raf.

First 15 minutes of the 2nd half he hoofed the ball out of play about 5 times, but he did come into the game and control the midfield well for the last half hour.

Still stand by my points regarding Gillam and Davies though.

I didn't think Gillam played particularly badly last night, albeit he didn’t set the world alight and could have taken his chance. He was brought on because Humphrys couldn’t and clearly didn’t want to track his man, he looked nackered after about 30 — whereas Gillam would offer a better workrate.

I agree with Davies, but our bench isn’t the strongest and I’m not sure who else he could’ve brought on to replace Calv (who worked his arse off IMO).
I'm at a loss... on 12:26 - Apr 25 with 1743 viewsParkinsGimp

I'm at a loss... on 22:37 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

We needed Calvin on as long as possible - he was immense again tonight. Or would you have subbed off Gillam ? No need to answer that.

Immense are you having a bubble?
He was bloody hopeless as he always is, lump it up to him and let him be used as a plank to bounce it off or maybe he wins the odd header, give it back to Plymouth , let them come striaght back at us.
He missed another two sitters last night. If Tony Ellis is still at the club surely he could give him some pointers on how to nip about in the box to get in goal scoring positions, because at the moment he seems to hide behind defenders. He needs that knack to get in the right position. Then gain he's not had it for 14 years so 14 days isnt going to make a world of difference.
I'm at a loss... on 12:38 - Apr 25 with 1695 viewsrochdale_ranger

Good point last night. Thank fook for Southend.
I'm at a loss... on 12:45 - Apr 25 with 1668 viewsTVOS1907

I'm at a loss... on 12:26 - Apr 25 by ParkinsGimp

Immense are you having a bubble?
He was bloody hopeless as he always is, lump it up to him and let him be used as a plank to bounce it off or maybe he wins the odd header, give it back to Plymouth , let them come striaght back at us.
He missed another two sitters last night. If Tony Ellis is still at the club surely he could give him some pointers on how to nip about in the box to get in goal scoring positions, because at the moment he seems to hide behind defenders. He needs that knack to get in the right position. Then gain he's not had it for 14 years so 14 days isnt going to make a world of difference.

The fact you don’t know if Tony Ellis is still at the club says it all.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I'm at a loss... on 13:12 - Apr 25 with 1589 viewsboromat

Subs were spot on for me. Kitching didn't turn up and we really needed an enforcer in the middle of the pitch the obvious choice was Raff and he did a job and meant we had much more of the ball in the second half and weren't cut through at will. Yes his passing wasn't great but he improved us and it was the right change.

Humphreys had to come off his decision making and his touch was really letting him down. I don't know if he was trying too hard was frustrated or what but it's probably the worst I've seen him. Looking at the bench Gilliam was the safest option and yes he didn't tear up trees or anything put he did ok, worked hard and was well positioned. Dobre would have been too much of a risk at half time. If Humphreys would have been playing well and lasted 65/70 mins then Dobre could have been an option.

Final substitution maybe too late maybe not I don't know.

Great result anyway we just need to take care of ourselves now to get the job done.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

I'm at a loss... on 14:47 - Apr 25 with 1455 viewsfitzochris

I'm at a loss... on 08:05 - Apr 25 by aleanddale

Fitz - I am interested why would me posting the above prompt your reply?.

Because a lot of your posts have dealt in ifs, buts and maybes. We are all aware of the permutations of the results going forward.

I’ll not berate you for being optimistic, nor for your enthusiasm, it’s just that I’m more of a realist. I’m neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I’m just basing my expectations on the facts as they stand. Others are too, and they are no less of a supporter of the club for doing so. I don’t extend this to those who are being vitriolic about the team, by the way.

If we are playing the ‘ifs and buts’ card, then you could look at it the other way, in that last night’s point was great only because Oldham lost — IF they had drawn or won, the point wouldn’t have been so great at all.

See what I mean? Ifs and buts don’t change the facts.

And to add to that, IF we do pull off the great escape (and I want us to as much as you do), it cannot gloss over the failings on and off the pitch this season. That’s for the manager and the club to digest over the summer.

I’m as realistic as anyone when it comes to our place in the football world, but the FACT remains that the team has regressed compared to last season. It would be great to hear Hill’s own thoughts on why he believes this is the case, when the season has finished.

The pitch debacle and the apathy of the club towards fans has been done to death, but still cannot be ignored.

So let's get behind the team, by all means, but not switch off to everything else.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I'm at a loss... on 15:23 - Apr 25 with 1407 viewsTVOS1907

I'm at a loss... on 14:47 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

Because a lot of your posts have dealt in ifs, buts and maybes. We are all aware of the permutations of the results going forward.

I’ll not berate you for being optimistic, nor for your enthusiasm, it’s just that I’m more of a realist. I’m neither optimistic nor pessimistic. I’m just basing my expectations on the facts as they stand. Others are too, and they are no less of a supporter of the club for doing so. I don’t extend this to those who are being vitriolic about the team, by the way.

If we are playing the ‘ifs and buts’ card, then you could look at it the other way, in that last night’s point was great only because Oldham lost — IF they had drawn or won, the point wouldn’t have been so great at all.

And to add to that, IF we do pull off the great escape (and I want us to as much as you do), it cannot gloss over the failings on and off the pitch this season. That’s for the manager and the club to digest over the summer.

I’m as realistic as anyone when it comes to our place in the football world, but the FACT remains that the team has regressed compared to last season. It would be great to hear Hill’s own thoughts on why he believes this is the case, when the season has finished.

The pitch debacle and the apathy of the club towards fans has been done to death, but still cannot be ignored.

So let's get behind the team, by all means, but not switch off to everything else.

Absolutely spot on.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

I'm at a loss... on 15:59 - Apr 25 with 1357 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 14:47 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

On the pitch...

Is it not just a simple case of losing 3 superb players for us.

Mendez-Laing
Lund
Allen

As good a miracle worker Hill has been finding gems or polishing rough diamonds it isn't a bottomless well. Were we not due a bad season?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

I'm at a loss... on 16:09 - Apr 25 with 1339 viewsfitzochris

I'm at a loss... on 15:59 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

On the pitch...

Is it not just a simple case of losing 3 superb players for us.

Mendez-Laing
Lund
Allen

As good a miracle worker Hill has been finding gems or polishing rough diamonds it isn't a bottomless well. Were we not due a bad season?

No team is ever due a bad season. Bad seasons happen, but not because they are due.

The loss of those three players was key, but the recruitment, the use of existing players and some of the systems persisted with have all contributed to a poor season on the pitch.

We got a rare insight into Hill's tactical thinking after the Peterborough game, and an admission he got it wrong in terms of his starting midfield selction last night - so it would be good to hear a frank account from the man himself about why the season has unfolded the way it has. Once it's done and dusted, of course.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 16:10]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I'm at a loss... on 16:23 - Apr 25 with 1311 viewstony_roch975

I'm at a loss... on 16:09 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

No team is ever due a bad season. Bad seasons happen, but not because they are due.

The loss of those three players was key, but the recruitment, the use of existing players and some of the systems persisted with have all contributed to a poor season on the pitch.

We got a rare insight into Hill's tactical thinking after the Peterborough game, and an admission he got it wrong in terms of his starting midfield selction last night - so it would be good to hear a frank account from the man himself about why the season has unfolded the way it has. Once it's done and dusted, of course.

Agree with your 3rd sentence - even last night half a dozen position/personnel changes is probably beyond the abilities of our squad to cope with first time out. Question is why do folk want to hear a 'frank account' from Hill - if he says it's because money talks, we don't have any so we're stuck with the least successful players which means we will struggle, will that satisfy or will the only acceptable response be him saying how he failed, got it wrong, made mistakes etc.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

I'm at a loss... on 17:00 - Apr 25 with 1271 viewsdingdangblue

I'm at a loss... on 16:09 - Apr 25 by fitzochris

No team?
So you expect Hill to keep selling/losing our best players every season or every other season and replace them with free transfers on the lowest wages at our level , whilst having success on the pitch and also making the club a profit or at least not to be in debt? And if he doesn't do it 1 season out of 10 he needs to explain himself?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 17:05]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024