Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abramovich 10:33 - May 29 with 9410 viewsqprichard

Found this on a Cypriot site. I have no idea if its accurate.

According to a number of reports, Roman Abramovich has already been granted Israeli citizenship. On the basis of his Jewish heritage and, presumably, his existing substantial investment/property ownership in Israel reportedly having also bought an hotel there which he was/is converting to a residence.

An Israeli passport will give him visa-free travel to the UK for 'limited periods of stay on each entry'. So he can now continue to visit his football club whenever he wishes.

I can only view it as yet another 'nationalisation of convenience' move - so common these days. As a Russian Jew, he never seems to have sought Israeli nationality at any other stage in his life.
Abramovich on 10:35 - May 29 with 9398 viewspaesanu

It's making the main media outlets so yep, nice little loophole for him

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Abramovich on 10:51 - May 29 with 9348 viewsaston_hoop

Will they make him go back and do his national service?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Abramovich on 11:36 - May 29 with 9216 viewsDannyPaddox

From the Times of Israel

"As a new citizen, Abramovich is exempt from taxes in Israel on income earned abroad for 10 years, and need not declare the sources of that income for the same period."

Abramovich on 12:51 - May 29 with 9046 viewsblacky200

A loophole it may be but it is only a limited visitor visa so he can not work here. If caught working then I would imagine the right to a limited visa could be stripped. Either way it will rumble on for a few months then he'll be granted a work visa. Money talks even if it is (allegedly) dirty.
Abramovich on 13:11 - May 29 with 8984 viewsWanderR

An Israeli passport means he doesn't need a visa before getting on a plane to the UK but he can still be turned away at the border if the government sees fit to do so.

Current location: OX10

Abramovich on 13:18 - May 29 with 8942 viewsTacticalR

'Again I tell you, it easier for a rich man to pass through UK border control than it is for a Windrush immigrant to prove he has lived here for fifty years.'
[Post edited 29 May 2018 13:28]

Air hostess clique

Abramovich on 13:39 - May 29 with 8864 viewsLythamR

Abramovich on 12:51 - May 29 by blacky200

A loophole it may be but it is only a limited visitor visa so he can not work here. If caught working then I would imagine the right to a limited visa could be stripped. Either way it will rumble on for a few months then he'll be granted a work visa. Money talks even if it is (allegedly) dirty.

meanwhile the 0 hours contract as Costa Coffee is out of his reach

that'll teach him
Abramovich on 15:17 - May 29 with 8720 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The chicken soup has gone home to roost.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Abramovich on 17:55 - May 30 with 8166 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Oy Vey.
I was once assured by one of that lot that " Abramovich ain't Jewish, he's Russian".
Abramovich on 18:49 - May 30 with 8113 viewsN12Hoop

Abramovich on 17:55 - May 30 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Oy Vey.
I was once assured by one of that lot that " Abramovich ain't Jewish, he's Russian".

Why "oy vey"? Not stereotyping are we?
And what does "that lot" mean?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Abramovich on 18:50 - May 30 with 8108 viewsN12Hoop

Abramovich on 15:17 - May 29 by PlanetHonneywood

The chicken soup has gone home to roost.

"chicken soup"? What does that mean?

Abramovich on 19:57 - May 30 with 8076 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Abramovich on 18:49 - May 30 by N12Hoop

Why "oy vey"? Not stereotyping are we?
And what does "that lot" mean?

Ah bless. Surely it's obvious from the quote, even to a member of the perpetually offended like you, that by "that lot", I was referring to Chelsea fans.

I can't see anything wrong with the use of a Jewish colloquilism in the context of this story either, but I'll let you have the last word on that, once you've finished being offended by half the posts on here
Abramovich on 20:19 - May 30 with 8048 viewsN12Hoop

Abramovich on 19:57 - May 30 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Ah bless. Surely it's obvious from the quote, even to a member of the perpetually offended like you, that by "that lot", I was referring to Chelsea fans.

I can't see anything wrong with the use of a Jewish colloquilism in the context of this story either, but I'll let you have the last word on that, once you've finished being offended by half the posts on here

Once i picked up myself off the floor having laughed so hard at your clever and witty "name", because i'm not so bright and struggle with big words I looked up in the Oxford Dictionary the meaning of "colloquilism". It states: "A word or phrase that is not formal or literary and is used in ordinary or familiar conversation".

Now I've never heard the phrase "oy vey" in "ordinary or familiar conversation" and I doubt you have either unless you hang out with Jackie Mason.

So basically my point holds and I'll just call it a day now knowing that perhaps you're not so smart after all, you just like to use words you don't understand and hope it makes you look cleverer than you obviously are.

Abramovich on 20:42 - May 30 with 8018 viewsLythamR

Abramovich on 17:55 - May 30 by Cliff_Schitzinabag

Oy Vey.

He is both
Abramovich on 06:52 - May 31 with 7866 viewsOnlyMe

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=oIwPW-zQCIqJmgXCxqeICQ&q=oi+vey&oq=oi

Maybe you have never heard anyone say "Cor Blimey" or "Lawks" either?

Symptoms that you are either very young or very inexperienced?
Abramovich on 13:57 - May 31 with 7706 viewsjohncharles

Abramovich on 18:50 - May 30 by N12Hoop

"chicken soup"? What does that mean?

If I can live with sheep shagger then you’ll have to make an effort with chicken soup

Strong and stable my arse.

Abramovich on 14:58 - May 31 with 7651 viewsToast_R

Sounds like he's binning off their new Stadium idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024