Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, 20:39 - Jun 6 with 6843 viewsNoDiddley

And you can stick the World Cup up your Ass
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 22:43 - Jun 6 with 4868 viewsmakaveli1882

Don't agree - I'm traveling with my mate Jay from Peckham; we're out for group games all he is packing is his England shirts and shorts and getting the free 20 hour train from Moscow to Volgograd (I'm not)

And Danny Rose can't put his dad in grand a night hotel where he will get no greif and put him in hospitality or hire security .... it's all bullshit
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 22:44 - Jun 6 with 4864 viewsmakaveli1882

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 22:43 - Jun 6 by makaveli1882

Don't agree - I'm traveling with my mate Jay from Peckham; we're out for group games all he is packing is his England shirts and shorts and getting the free 20 hour train from Moscow to Volgograd (I'm not)

And Danny Rose can't put his dad in grand a night hotel where he will get no greif and put him in hospitality or hire security .... it's all bullshit

maybe should have mentioned his black
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 02:36 - Jun 7 with 4713 viewsSharpy36

Of course it`s all bullshit, but the likes of Diddley are influenced by the MSM and as soon as they read the headlines, the gusset gets moist, and off they go again all over reacting. Fcuk knows how we move forward in these turbulent times sometimes, is beyond me.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:16 - Jun 7 with 4539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Seems understandable to me.

"I've told my family I don't want them going out there because of racism and anything else that may happen," the 27-year-old left back told London's Evening Standard on Wednesday.

"I don't want to be worrying, when I'm trying to prepare for games, for my family's safety. If anything happens to me, it wouldn't affect me like it would if my family had been abused."

Rose, who suffered personal racial abuse when he played for England's under-21s in Serbia in 2012, added: "I'm fine with whatever may or may not happen, and I like to think I'll be able to deal with it in the right way."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:18 - Jun 7 with 4532 viewsIsleworthranger

Is that Jay the Arsenal fan as if so I am on the same flight
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:30 - Jun 7 with 4509 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'd imagine there's as much racism in grand a night hotels/hospitality as anywhere else. If not more.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:31 - Jun 7 with 4508 viewsqprd

So youre saying that you can make racism go away by being rich and spending money?

Footballers are rich. Yet there are plenty of places where footballers have been racially abused recently, including in England.

You're right that money insulates people to some extent from racism- you can surround yourself with wealthier people who are more likely to have open world views or pay for additional security. But doesn't the fact that you're saying he can spend money to get rid of the problem indicate that its not "all bullshit"? Its pretty difficult to contradict yourself within the same sentence- well done
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:32 - Jun 7 with 4507 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Does this mean he never lets his family travel to see him play vs Chelsh*t?

[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 8:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:35 - Jun 7 with 4496 viewsqprd

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:30 - Jun 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'd imagine there's as much racism in grand a night hotels/hospitality as anywhere else. If not more.

I did a lot of work with Russians prior to economic sanctions. it is very common for highly educated and wealthy people to say highly racist, misogynistic and homophobic things in business meetings. I've experienced this many many times, including in front of colleagues who were females and gay
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:40 - Jun 7 with 4488 viewsTheChef

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 02:36 - Jun 7 by Sharpy36

Of course it`s all bullshit, but the likes of Diddley are influenced by the MSM and as soon as they read the headlines, the gusset gets moist, and off they go again all over reacting. Fcuk knows how we move forward in these turbulent times sometimes, is beyond me.

Well said. I'm not denying that Russia has a racism problem, but I agree this ticks the mainstream media 'demonise Russia' box while ignoring the fact that the UK and other European countries still have racism issues, even if they are better hidden below the surface.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:53 - Jun 7 with 4459 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:40 - Jun 7 by TheChef

Well said. I'm not denying that Russia has a racism problem, but I agree this ticks the mainstream media 'demonise Russia' box while ignoring the fact that the UK and other European countries still have racism issues, even if they are better hidden below the surface.

Possibly, but part of Rose's stated worries is the increased threat of violence in Russia. Add the two things together and I can completely understand why he'd be worried about his family.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:12 - Jun 7 with 4402 viewsWestbourneR

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:40 - Jun 7 by TheChef

Please. This has nothing to do with the 'mainstream media' TheChef - what are you reading then Breitbart? The TRUTH (and I've been there several times) is that is it in the dark ages in it's attitude to racism and homophobia. In fact homophobia is officially endorsed Putin's government.

I criticise many things about England but to even try to say that we have similar problems in comparison to Russia is just plain wrong.

Russia deserves all the grief it gets, it's behaving appallingly under the current regime.

It bought the world cup, it had a government sponsored campaign of doping at the winter Olympics - it has regressive social attitudes.

Qatar should be stripped of the World Cup now Blatter has gone. The west needs to grow some balls about acting on it's morals.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:26 - Jun 7 with 4360 viewsdaveB

Why should he have to pay for security just to avoid racism?

I think when you read what has happened to him in the last year, what happened to his brother almost being shot and the abuse his mum got this is pretty understandable

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44392337
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:32 - Jun 7 with 4345 viewsTheChef

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:12 - Jun 7 by WestbourneR

Please. This has nothing to do with the 'mainstream media' TheChef - what are you reading then Breitbart? The TRUTH (and I've been there several times) is that is it in the dark ages in it's attitude to racism and homophobia. In fact homophobia is officially endorsed Putin's government.

I criticise many things about England but to even try to say that we have similar problems in comparison to Russia is just plain wrong.

Russia deserves all the grief it gets, it's behaving appallingly under the current regime.

It bought the world cup, it had a government sponsored campaign of doping at the winter Olympics - it has regressive social attitudes.

Qatar should be stripped of the World Cup now Blatter has gone. The west needs to grow some balls about acting on it's morals.

Fair enough if you have been there and seen it for yourself - but you only have to pull back a couple of layers in UK society to see similar attitudes re race and homosexuality. And this is a global problem - tell me one country across the world that doesn't have these issues in one form or another?

It's just currently convenient for Western governments with their anti-Russia stance (and why is that?) to pin this all on Russia via the MSM and make them look like the villain, because of course in the West everything is all so perfect. It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:33 - Jun 7 with 4341 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Blatter has gone? I hadn't noticed.

Unfortunately I think the west has lost it's moral high ground after Iraq etc. Also huge multinational companies sucking the life out of everyone/everything. We might not be bad in the same way as Russia but we're still bad.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:35 - Jun 7 with 4337 viewsdaveB

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:32 - Jun 7 by TheChef

Fair enough if you have been there and seen it for yourself - but you only have to pull back a couple of layers in UK society to see similar attitudes re race and homosexuality. And this is a global problem - tell me one country across the world that doesn't have these issues in one form or another?

It's just currently convenient for Western governments with their anti-Russia stance (and why is that?) to pin this all on Russia via the MSM and make them look like the villain, because of course in the West everything is all so perfect. It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

Of course there is racism in the UK, i think it's a problem that is getting worse over here but footballers in russia get ridiculous abuse during games and after games from fans, it's pretty bad and not seen as an issue over there
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:41 - Jun 7 with 4322 viewsTheChef

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:33 - Jun 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Blatter has gone? I hadn't noticed.

Unfortunately I think the west has lost it's moral high ground after Iraq etc. Also huge multinational companies sucking the life out of everyone/everything. We might not be bad in the same way as Russia but we're still bad.

"The west needs to grow some balls about acting on it's morals."

Sorry I missed that one, which morals?? The ones about peace, harmony etc. while selling arms hand over fist to the Saudis, Turks, and anyone else who might be interested?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:45 - Jun 7 with 4313 viewsnix

I should imagine he doesn’t want his dad to hear monkey chants shouted at his son on the pitch. And who can blame him? The toothless FIFA idiots won’t do anything to sanction any poor behaviour by Russian ‘fans’ and as pp’s point out, it’s not exactly likely that the Russian authorities will do anything about it because they set the tone.

This country may not be perfect where racism is concerned but it’s changed hugely since the dark days of the 70s. Remember ‘Love thy neighbour’, Jim Davidson’s ‘humour’, no one on tv was black unless they were the drug dealer or the pimp. Even at QPR you barely saw a black face in SAR unless it was on the pitch or Richard Langley’s dad and that was in the 90s! People were openly racist even among educated circles in a way that just doesn’t happen now. So my children haven’t grown up with it and I just don’t think it would even occur to them to treat people differently. I”m not completely naive, I know Brexit threw up some divisions and attitudes that I thought were dying out but I don’t think we can be compared with Putin’s Russia.
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:45 - Jun 7 with 4313 viewsBostonR

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 08:35 - Jun 7 by qprd

I did a lot of work with Russians prior to economic sanctions. it is very common for highly educated and wealthy people to say highly racist, misogynistic and homophobic things in business meetings. I've experienced this many many times, including in front of colleagues who were females and gay

This is also my experience. I suspect they will want to avoid the national team drawing an African nation if they get out of the group. Sad really.
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:58 - Jun 7 with 4277 viewslondonscottish

I've been there a couple of times.

At times the cntishness is off the scale.

All encouraged by the Putin crowd, of course.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 10:10 - Jun 7 with 4234 views2Thomas2Bowles

Meanwhile over in the good old USA

Does DR and his family visit the States

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 4229 viewsrsonist

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 02:36 - Jun 7 by Sharpy36

Struggling to get my head around this post. Like how feeble-minded do you have to be to let your identity get so defined by opposing everything that you can't process a simple statement of fact like "Russia has an overt racism problem and the authorities do fck all" without parrotting some contorted snowflake conspiracy edgelord narrative.
Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 11:31 - Jun 7 with 4120 viewspaesanu

Danny Rose has been diagnosed with depression, triggered by his uncle committing suicide followed by someone going round to his house to shoot his brother in the face (they missed).

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 12:15 - Jun 7 with 4029 viewspaulparker

fair play to Rose , from reading the article most of the problems stemmed from him not playing and missing out on a world cup place , most players couldn't give a toss if they play or not
as for Russia im going to the Belgium game but lets face it pretty much all of eastern Europe doesn't like anyone that isn't white so I don't blame rose for not having his family there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 13:12 - Jun 7 with 3930 viewsqprd

Well said Danny Rose...,,,, on 09:32 - Jun 7 by TheChef

I haven't been to Syria, but it seems like a pretty crap place to be at the moment.

Other than the terrible human rights record, undemocratic elections, mass murder of dissenting journalists, suppression of gay rights and persecution of gays, interference in us and French elections, murder of political dissidents, crony capitalism which has created a class of billionaire oligarchs who are psychos, I'm sure their government is alright

you do understand there's a difference between members of society having homophobic views and state-sponsored homophobic policies. please educate yourself and read about the maltreatment of gays in Chechnya, for one. I'm sure there are people in the UK who hate gay people, but gay people can still live pretty freely in the UK without the state sending them to quasi concentration camps

what exactly has Russian been blamed for that it didn't do?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024