Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bircham Gone 10:48 - Jun 8 with 7637 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rejected (not sacked) twice by the club he loves.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 11:48]
Bircham Gone on 10:20 - Jun 11 with 1676 viewsQPR_John

Bircham Gone on 01:49 - Jun 11 by timcocking

I'm very disappointed.

I hope they know what they are doing and these new men (who couldn't give a flying fcuk about QPR) are actually an improvement.

I keep reading cr@p like "has an excellent record for spotting talent in the lower leagues" like it's something mystical. Ffs, more media bollox that. I could (probably half of you lot too) be a bloody scout piece of p!ss. Not hard to watch a game of football and spot the decent young players with some potential. It's about legwork and networks/contacts and obviously due dilligence. Suggesting this bloke can watch a game of football and somehow find better players than we could is laughable. And Chelsea have 99% of them already. It's like all this coaching cr@p, as if 5 minutes later somebody is going to be composed on the ball thanks to a good coach. Hmmm, how realistic.

Maybe this is the management dream team, i hope so, wish them all the best. Or maybe we'll be just as sh!t as ever, but now with coaching staff who couldn't particularly care less about it.

"I hope they know what they are doing and these new men (who couldn't give a flying fcuk about QPR) are actually an improvement. "

Other than from a professional point of view how many other management teams gives a flying fcuk about the team they are managing.
Bircham Gone on 10:23 - Jun 11 with 1668 viewsblacky200

Bircham Gone on 09:22 - Jun 11 by robith

I genuinely don't know how to react to the statement "scouting is easy"

I'm glad he has pointed this out to me. I'm just going to quit my job and go and watch some games, recommend a few good uns then I'm in with a full time scouting job. Why didn't I think of this earlier in my life.
Bircham Gone on 10:52 - Jun 11 with 1613 viewsTacticalR

'He who is continually thinking things easy is sure to find them difficult.
Therefore the sage sees difficulty even in what seems easy, and so never has any difficulties.'

Laozi, Daodejing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching

Air hostess clique

Bircham Gone on 10:53 - Jun 11 with 1607 viewsMick_S

Bircham Gone on 10:23 - Jun 11 by blacky200

I'm glad he has pointed this out to me. I'm just going to quit my job and go and watch some games, recommend a few good uns then I'm in with a full time scouting job. Why didn't I think of this earlier in my life.

Get one of these first.

[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 11:47]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bircham Gone on 13:57 - Jun 11 with 1467 viewsdaveB

When the same happened with Hasselbaink bringing in his own men and Steve Gallen left several fans went ape shit about it blaming the club for all sorts and even claiming it was a conspiracy. All very different now for some reason.

Shame Bircham has gone, I think he's done pretty well, despite the stick he gets for being a cheerleader several players have improved under him and Holloway. Will be interesting to see if that continues to happen under the super coaches.
Bircham Gone on 19:44 - Jun 11 with 1362 viewsPinnerPaul

Bircham Gone on 13:57 - Jun 11 by daveB

When the same happened with Hasselbaink bringing in his own men and Steve Gallen left several fans went ape shit about it blaming the club for all sorts and even claiming it was a conspiracy. All very different now for some reason.

Shame Bircham has gone, I think he's done pretty well, despite the stick he gets for being a cheerleader several players have improved under him and Holloway. Will be interesting to see if that continues to happen under the super coaches.

When were they promoted to 'super' coaches Dave?

We DID improve, slightly, under IH and I expect us to improve , slightly, under SMc.

That makes for an interesting season as those on both sides of the debate can and will!, claim 'victory'!
Bircham Gone on 22:33 - Jun 11 with 1310 viewsrsonist

Bircham Gone on 13:57 - Jun 11 by daveB

JFH brought in the first team coaches he wanted and Gallen was part of the youth structure. It wasn't related.

You're right to bring up the whole Evil Tottenham Les era though since the fruits of those then-abhorrent decisions re Ramsey etc are now being entirely credited to Ollie and Birch apparently.

The upper management that built the current set-up thought a different head coach with a different skill set would improve the player development which our future completely rests on. You might sarcastically refer to them as "super coaches" but there is a clear logic to the strategy and they're being proactive about it instead of waiting to scramble around only after things might go wrong.

I don't know if McLaren will work out but what I certainly do know is I had plenty of reservations and frustrations about Ollie over the season and I'm not suddenly going to turn into a soppy amnesiac tart now he's gone just because he was a Rangers man (and I'll always love him for that).
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 22:37]
Bircham Gone on 13:44 - Jun 12 with 1174 viewsPinnerPaul

Bircham Gone on 01:49 - Jun 11 by timcocking

I'm very disappointed.

I hope they know what they are doing and these new men (who couldn't give a flying fcuk about QPR) are actually an improvement.

I keep reading cr@p like "has an excellent record for spotting talent in the lower leagues" like it's something mystical. Ffs, more media bollox that. I could (probably half of you lot too) be a bloody scout piece of p!ss. Not hard to watch a game of football and spot the decent young players with some potential. It's about legwork and networks/contacts and obviously due dilligence. Suggesting this bloke can watch a game of football and somehow find better players than we could is laughable. And Chelsea have 99% of them already. It's like all this coaching cr@p, as if 5 minutes later somebody is going to be composed on the ball thanks to a good coach. Hmmm, how realistic.

Maybe this is the management dream team, i hope so, wish them all the best. Or maybe we'll be just as sh!t as ever, but now with coaching staff who couldn't particularly care less about it.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/could-you-spot-the-next-furlong-or-eze

I'm guessing you'll be applying Tim!
Login to get fewer ads

Bircham Gone on 13:55 - Jun 12 with 1159 viewsdaveB

Bircham Gone on 22:33 - Jun 11 by rsonist

JFH brought in the first team coaches he wanted and Gallen was part of the youth structure. It wasn't related.

You're right to bring up the whole Evil Tottenham Les era though since the fruits of those then-abhorrent decisions re Ramsey etc are now being entirely credited to Ollie and Birch apparently.

The upper management that built the current set-up thought a different head coach with a different skill set would improve the player development which our future completely rests on. You might sarcastically refer to them as "super coaches" but there is a clear logic to the strategy and they're being proactive about it instead of waiting to scramble around only after things might go wrong.

I don't know if McLaren will work out but what I certainly do know is I had plenty of reservations and frustrations about Ollie over the season and I'm not suddenly going to turn into a soppy amnesiac tart now he's gone just because he was a Rangers man (and I'll always love him for that).
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 22:37]

Gallen was first team coach at the time when Ramsey was manager, I agree it wasn't an issue that JFH brought his own men in, is no different to Holloway bringing in his own men or McClaren doing the same now. There was just a lot of complaints with the Gallen thing that went on for years and is a big part of why Ferdinand is so unpopular over a decision he didn't make.
Bircham Gone on 13:57 - Jun 12 with 1147 viewsLunarJetman

Bircham Gone on 13:44 - Jun 12 by PinnerPaul

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/could-you-spot-the-next-furlong-or-eze

I'm guessing you'll be applying Tim!

Someone should apply on his behalf for him...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024