Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New squad numbers! 15:17 - Jul 25 with 7912 viewsboysfromthebush

Chuffed for Eze, a proper number 10 in the making!

1 Matt Ingram
2 Darnell Furlong
3 Jake Bidwell
4 Grant Hall
6 Sean Goss
7 Luke Freeman
8 Jordan Cousins
9 Conor Washington
10 Ebere Eze
11 Josh Scowen
13 Joe Lumley
14 Ryan Manning
15 Alex Baptiste
17 Matt Smith
18 Aramide Oteh
19 Ilias Chair
20 Bright Osayi-Samuel
21 Massimo Luongo
23 Pawel Wszolek
24 Osman Kakay
25 David Wheeler
26 Seny Dieng
27 Olamide Shodipo
28 Niko Hamalainen
29 Giles Phillips
30 Charlie Owens
31 Ray Jones
33 Joel Lynch
37 Toni Leistner
38 Paul Smyth
40 Idrissa Sylla
New squad numbers! on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1395 viewsJeff

New squad numbers! on 08:39 - Jul 26 by Hunterhoop

I think most people aren’t entirely serious about their views on squad numbers. I’m sure the mgt team have taken into account personal preferences and what works best across the squad.

I couldn’t care less what numbers they have. I do find it slightly amusing that the tricky wingers’ number of 11 is sitting with our ratty defensive midfielder. Someone’s got ideas above their station! (Said tongue in cheek, btw)

None of this really matters. It’s just a bit of fun.

next thing you'll be telling me that you didn't really think that football was coming home...

Can we not knock it?

New squad numbers! on 10:51 - Jul 26 with 1340 viewsDaiHo0p

Washington should be given number 0 :(
New squad numbers! on 15:12 - Jul 26 with 1219 viewsBathRanger

New squad numbers! on 22:54 - Jul 25 by EalingHoop81

I don’t usually pay too much attention to squad numbers because certain players have superstition and want a certain number etc. A lot of thoughts on the missing numbers being held for certain players but if that’s the case it calls into question our plans for players outside of the match day squad mumbers. The following just look odd:

4 Grant Hall - not played in a year, is he really our first choice?
6 Sean Goss - really??
8 Jordan Cousins - as for Goss
9 Conor Washington - confidence boost to be our 9? Surely he’s not our first choice?
21 Massimo Luongo - is this just his preferred number?
33 Joel Lynch - feels like he being told exactly what Schteve thinks of him but....
37 Toni Leistner - surely he is going to be first choice? 37?
38 Paul Smyth - must be above this - who ever had a preference for 38?
40 Idrissa Sylla - as for Smyth

According to the announcement on the offish, Lynch and Leistner chose their numbers. Leistner wore 37 at Union Berlin. Maybe the club ask the players if they have a preference for squad number first before allocating them.
New squad numbers! on 17:25 - Jul 26 with 1107 viewsterryb

New squad numbers! on 09:53 - Jul 26 by CamberleyR

"6 was a funny number for his position"

I wouldn't have said so. Back in the day Terry Fenwick and Glenn Roeder before him wore number 6. Macca I'm pretty sure also wore 6 when we finished 5th in 92/93 although he tended to wear 5 in his earlier days.

In the days of 1-11 and evolution of 4 at the back from the 3 at the back W-M formation, it was usually the right half (number 4) or left half (number 6) that would be the one to drop into the centre of the defence to join the centre half (number 5) to make the four.

Usually yes, but by no means a certainty.

Tommy Smith wore the number ten shirt while playing centre back for Liverpool & the four & six were worn by midfield players. Charlton wore nine as a midfielder for United etc.

Squad numbers now have no bearing on what may be the team selection. Sometimes players are given a new number as the club are looking to sell shirts with the new number on it.

Not that I'm sugesting that is the case with us.

I'm pleased that Eze has ten though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024