Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston 09:12 - Aug 5 with 3612 viewsfreddieeddie

Wow, what a crowd, good performance and the usual win.
Never known a crowd like that. The drum started before KO and stopped for no more than 5 seconds throughout the match. Every song they sang was different. Just fantastic. They have a section that does all the singing, a lot better version of Palace’s lot.

Ibrox tour today and back home after a great week travelling the West Coast.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 09:21 - Aug 5 with 3588 viewsStanisgod

Who do you think will come second?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 10:15 - Aug 5 with 3472 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 09:21 - Aug 5 by Stanisgod

Who presented the Premiership trophy at halftime this year?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 3403 viewsHooparoo

No doubt all the media frenzy this year will be about everyone’s favourite scouser - Stevie G.
Meanwhile, Celtic just chug along winning another title.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 3375 viewssmegma

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 09:21 - Aug 5 by Stanisgod

Well Celtic are second at the moment. Have they sacked the manager yet ??
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:51 - Aug 5 with 3174 viewsStanisgod

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 11:39 - Aug 5 by smegma

Well Celtic are second at the moment. Have they sacked the manager yet ??

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 12:17 - Aug 6 with 2919 viewsJuzzie

Easy to have a buoyant crowd every game when you know you're going to win.

Celtic on course for an 'unprecedented' treble-treble.

The SPL was dull enough when the trophies just swapped between two clubs but since Rangers got turfed into the 4th tier and even though they're back in the SPL still not able to compete for the top spot, it must be dull as ditch water continually being a one-horse race for everything.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 21:43 - Aug 6 with 2781 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 12:17 - Aug 6 by Juzzie

Easy to have a buoyant crowd every game when you know you're going to win.

Celtic on course for an 'unprecedented' treble-treble.

The SPL was dull enough when the trophies just swapped between two clubs but since Rangers got turfed into the 4th tier and even though they're back in the SPL still not able to compete for the top spot, it must be dull as ditch water continually being a one-horse race for everything.

Ok I'll bite.
Very uneducated post for you Juzzie. Honestly why would you turn up for 99% of QPR games if you attached the same rationale as you do to Scottish football?
What are the Rs going to win this season to make you turn up regularly, you speak as a new City and Chelsea fan with that type of talk. Scottish football is booming and crowds are up all through the leagues and its a far better product than most English games I watch.
Fair play if you've been to games in Scotland and were disappointed but I can assure you its unique and a different experience to games in England.
I love honest football and at the moment Scottish football edges the EPL and Champ, I've known long periods when the opposite was true but at the moment Scottish football has skill, earthiness and pantomime to outdo England hands down im afraid.
Celtic won the league by 9 points last season so check that out as well!
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 2617 viewssmegma

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 21:43 - Aug 6 by karl

Ok I'll bite.
Very uneducated post for you Juzzie. Honestly why would you turn up for 99% of QPR games if you attached the same rationale as you do to Scottish football?
What are the Rs going to win this season to make you turn up regularly, you speak as a new City and Chelsea fan with that type of talk. Scottish football is booming and crowds are up all through the leagues and its a far better product than most English games I watch.
Fair play if you've been to games in Scotland and were disappointed but I can assure you its unique and a different experience to games in England.
I love honest football and at the moment Scottish football edges the EPL and Champ, I've known long periods when the opposite was true but at the moment Scottish football has skill, earthiness and pantomime to outdo England hands down im afraid.

Crowds are up all through the leagues?? It was the FIRST day of the season !! So how can you say crowds are up , what are you using as a comparison ??? And 3 of the 6 Premier League games over the weekend had crowds of 5,470 , 4,644 and a mahoosive 3,764.
When the league title hasn't been won by either of the bigot teams a mere 20 or so times in history, the OP does have a point.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 10:54 - Aug 7 with 2563 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Isn't this OT?
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 2531 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 09:15 - Aug 7 by smegma

Crowds are up all through the leagues?? It was the FIRST day of the season !! So how can you say crowds are up , what are you using as a comparison ??? And 3 of the 6 Premier League games over the weekend had crowds of 5,470 , 4,644 and a mahoosive 3,764.
When the league title hasn't been won by either of the bigot teams a mere 20 or so times in history, the OP does have a point.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:18]

Crowds have been climbing for the last 4-5 years, incremental growth which is far sturdier than flash in the pan type growth.
Scottish football has one of largest football attendances per capita in Europe, along with England, even when discounting the outliers of the Old Firm.
Under Rodgers last two seasons Celtic have cleaned up the trophies but don't be lazy and have a look at all the different cup winners over the last decade, you might want to compare it to England for a bit of balance?
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 2495 viewssmegma

Other clubs win the Scottish Cup when Celtic managers can't be arsed is nearer the truth. Rodgers seems to care about the trophy.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:23 - Aug 7 with 2457 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 13:18 - Aug 7 by smegma

Other clubs win the Scottish Cup when Celtic managers can't be arsed is nearer the truth. Rodgers seems to care about the trophy.

Deary me.
Take off the blinkers mate, there's a world of football out there and some of it brings great entertainment, at the moment Scottish football is doing that and yet you're always bitter about it?
There's plenty to joke about the Scottish game but it's every bit as competitive as the top divisions of nearly every country at the moment. Let in the sunshine and enjoy life!
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:32 - Aug 7 with 2445 viewsJuzzie

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 21:43 - Aug 6 by karl

Ok I'll bite.

It was more about opinion and my opinion is that I think it's very dull having one team winning everything all the time.

That's all I was alluding to. I never mentioned anything about reasons people have for turning up.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 2420 viewsganjR

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 13:18 - Aug 7 by smegma

I was in a pub recently where this English bloke was giving it the usual b0ll0cks about 'Sweaties' this and 'Jocks' that.... referencing park benches, heroin, ponces and how England keeps the Scottish alive 'they'd be dead without us' etc.
I was sitting with my family who are Scottish so had a word in his ear. He then proceeded to tell the whole pub that the 'jocks HATE US' and rubbish like 'they're obsessed'.
This board and the country has become like that in recent times.
The sniping on here during the World Cup towards every Johnny Foreigner and even the England team (who I thought were magnificent) was sad to read.
This board used to be so much fun....
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 15:00 - Aug 7 with 2405 viewssmegma

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:23 - Aug 7 by karl

Deary me.
Take off the blinkers mate, there's a world of football out there and some of it brings great entertainment, at the moment Scottish football is doing that and yet you're always bitter about it?
There's plenty to joke about the Scottish game but it's every bit as competitive as the top divisions of nearly every country at the moment. Let in the sunshine and enjoy life!

I'm always bitter ?? I think Scottish football is of a low standard. Even Celtic, who appear to win the league without getting into a sweat lost to a pub team from Gibraltar a few years ago. Indeed, Gilbratar even took the lead at Hampden. That's not being bitter, that's stating the truth. I see Cowdenbeath drew a crowd of 320 recently for a League Cup game. But then, it's my bitterness rearing its ugly head again.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 15:27 - Aug 7 with 2376 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:32 - Aug 7 by Juzzie

It was more about opinion and my opinion is that I think it's very dull having one team winning everything all the time.

That's all I was alluding to. I never mentioned anything about reasons people have for turning up.

Ok, as mentioned above, one club hasn't won everything in recent history. Last two years Celtic have done very well but Imo they've also made other clubs raise their game too so actually everyone is enjoying a higher quality game. It's not a dull product in my opinion and the continual increase in attendances does look like others agree
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:08 - Aug 7 with 2357 viewssmegma

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 14:46 - Aug 7 by ganjR

I was in a pub recently where this English bloke was giving it the usual b0ll0cks about 'Sweaties' this and 'Jocks' that.... referencing park benches, heroin, ponces and how England keeps the Scottish alive 'they'd be dead without us' etc.
I was sitting with my family who are Scottish so had a word in his ear. He then proceeded to tell the whole pub that the 'jocks HATE US' and rubbish like 'they're obsessed'.
This board and the country has become like that in recent times.
The sniping on here during the World Cup towards every Johnny Foreigner and even the England team (who I thought were magnificent) was sad to read.
This board used to be so much fun....

You should've knocked the tw@tt out.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:27 - Aug 7 with 2337 viewsganjR

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:08 - Aug 7 by smegma

You should've knocked the tw@tt out.

I wanted to but my auntie begged me not to,
We had lost a family member recently and she didn't need any more grief.
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:42 - Aug 7 with 2315 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 15:00 - Aug 7 by smegma

I'm always bitter ?? I think Scottish football is of a low standard. Even Celtic, who appear to win the league without getting into a sweat lost to a pub team from Gibraltar a few years ago. Indeed, Gilbratar even took the lead at Hampden. That's not being bitter, that's stating the truth. I see Cowdenbeath drew a crowd of 320 recently for a League Cup game. But then, it's my bitterness rearing its ugly head again.

And this is where your argument fails, you've just brought quality of football into it, this thread started off as celebration of how entertaining FE found his day at Celtic only to be told that can't be true as Scottish football is dull.
Not so says Freddie and as crowds are increasing then others obviously agree so I say those who don't go to the games must surely accept that, but no seemingly because we're not producing the goods on the international stage then we can't call it entertainment. I'll say again that per capita Scotland is the highest percentage watched football in Europe so scoff about small towns and the attendances but it is all relevant to population, Cowdenbeath were the,worst placed team in Scottish professional football last season so good choice for attendance watch!
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:46 - Aug 7 with 2309 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:27 - Aug 7 by ganjR

I wanted to but my auntie begged me not to,
We had lost a family member recently and she didn't need any more grief.

Hope you're keeping well mate and be good to catch up again, your Auntie was right no need for a fight over a sweaty sock!
Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:49 - Aug 7 with 2305 viewsdistortR

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:42 - Aug 7 by karl

And this is where your argument fails, you've just brought quality of football into it, this thread started off as celebration of how entertaining FE found his day at Celtic only to be told that can't be true as Scottish football is dull.
Not so says Freddie and as crowds are increasing then others obviously agree so I say those who don't go to the games must surely accept that, but no seemingly because we're not producing the goods on the international stage then we can't call it entertainment. I'll say again that per capita Scotland is the highest percentage watched football in Europe so scoff about small towns and the attendances but it is all relevant to population, Cowdenbeath were the,worst placed team in Scottish professional football last season so good choice for attendance watch!

That's what you say.

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:52 - Aug 7 with 2299 viewskarl

Just back - from Celtic v Livingston on 16:49 - Aug 7 by distortR

That's what you say.

Oh no rhyme and reason just left the building....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024