Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23 game - trialist 12:46 - Aug 20 with 11348 viewsGloucs_R

Bassong - could this be Sébastien Bassong?

Anyone know the other trialists?

Agyemang - ??
Oduwa - Kelede Nathan Oduwa (born 5 March 1996) is a professional footballer who plays as a winger for Slovenian PrvaLiga club Olimpija Ljubljana and the Nigeria national under-23 team. He has also represented England at under-17, under-18 and under-20 levels.
Paul - ??
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 12:52]

Poll: Are we staying up?

U23 game - trialist on 15:42 - Aug 21 with 1017 viewsvegasranger

U23 game - trialist on 22:00 - Aug 20 by 1JD

You got asked to explain why using so many young players was such a crime, especially in light of the fact the system was working and delivering first team players. You were unable to explain your logic and still are, other than using x players means something must be wrong.

Ben Wells - on trial from west ham, for which you had such a problem with... we since signed on a permanent. Go figure. Glad you are not in charge and watching from the stands otherwise we’d never be signing players from other clubs.... which if you haven’t already noticed is where Eze, Oteh, Chair, Smyth, and the next batch of unknowns, will come likely from.

Trialing players from other clubs is part and parcel of a successful youth strategy. There is no rule book which states X amount of numbers must be used in a given season. Change the record.

Just to back Smegma on this. It's good to bring in a few trialists through the season if they have been identified as a good potential signing. We seem to have a scatter gun approach. My mates son played one game against Crystal Palace and scored the only goal of the game. The Rangers coach who invited him left the club and the lad wasn't contacted again. I have to disagree with you on the idea that the system is working and delivering players to the first team. Only Eze is close to being a regular first team player. Smyth , Eze and BOS didn't come through our system. I think things are improving but by playing Bassong ( out of work for a year ) and the other two lads ( who are drifting around the lower leagues ) are denying our own youngsters a game.
U23 game - trialist on 15:56 - Aug 21 with 975 viewsNorthernr

Well not every trialist is going to be a signing, probably not every one in ten trialists is, you've got to kiss a few frogs and all that.

But agree, Bassong, that's a fcking waste of time. Would have been a waste of time signing him from Norwich 18 months ago when he was fcking sht, by all accounts he's been training on his own in the park for a year since then.
U23 game - trialist on 16:35 - Aug 21 with 911 viewsPinnerPaul

U23 game - trialist on 15:56 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Well not every trialist is going to be a signing, probably not every one in ten trialists is, you've got to kiss a few frogs and all that.

But agree, Bassong, that's a fcking waste of time. Would have been a waste of time signing him from Norwich 18 months ago when he was fcking sht, by all accounts he's been training on his own in the park for a year since then.

I'll have you know, those ducks can be pretty fearsome opponents!
U23 game - trialist on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 886 viewsDorse

U23 game - trialist on 15:56 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Kiss a few frogs? Well, I might if they shaved their armpits.

This joke has been brought to you by 'The 1970s'.

I know, I know, I'm banned.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024