Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Walsall, H 14:01 - Aug 25 with 21368 views442Dale

Subs:
Kgosi Ntlhe
Ryan Delaney
Calvin Andrew
Connor Randall
Bradden Inman
Brendan Moore
Andy Cannon

Not sure why Cannon has been left out.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 14:03]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:12 - Aug 25 with 3134 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:10 - Aug 25 by SandyDrum

I've got to admit I'm worried Hill might have a knee jerk reaction and resign tonight.
He knows he'll walk straight into another job just based on his track record.

This is the first time the fans have been really, really on his back...will he cope? I'm not so sure.

Hopefully he doesnt do anything stupid but i have a bad gut feeling.

We, as fans, are questioning a system that sees us looking toothless and has resulted in three consecutive home defeats. We are doing it on a fans’ forum.

If that’s enough to make Hill resign, I would be worried how his skin keeps his organs in his body.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:13 - Aug 25 with 3124 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:03 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

Given the context of the entire match and how the opposition played, losing that game was an embarrassment. We didn’t look remotely threatening until we were 2-0 down, which we should never have been in the first place.

This was no Peterborough or Barnsley, this was our own inadequate system doing for us.

Fook waiting for the 10-game mark, the debate starts here and now.

There's not much to debate or disagree over, we have strikers who can't put the ball away, defenders who can't stop the opposition putting the ball away, and midfielders who can't create .......oh and a manager who doesn't seem able to motivate his players, cue the rose tinted brigade to justify that result today. Progression my arse, it's another struggle as last season was......And the surprising thing is that I'm not surprised.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:16 - Aug 25 with 3093 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:10 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

Question for you Chris were we a bit naïve to offer Hill a 5 year deal?

No, not at all. He is the best manager we’ve had and we needed to incentivise him not to look elsewhere. It was the right deal at that time and I still think Hill is the right man for the job. He maybe just needs to take a step back and reassess what his squad is capable of at this time.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:19 - Aug 25 with 3057 viewsShun

That first goal was such an annoying goal to concede as we dominated that first half and Walsall didn’t even look close to scoring, before or after the goal. Stupid by Norman but it’s difficult to blame him, it’s Hill’s tactics. Walsall were giving us far more space than Posh, Fleetwood or Barnsley but even still the decision to play a risky pass rather than clear it was stupid. It’s cost us all season. I have some sympathy with Hill because he clearly wants his sides to play attractive football and for the main it does look good, but having that style right from the back just invites pressure in a dangerous area and it’s really costing us. Let’s just decide not to start our pretty passing until we’re at least 15 yards from our own box, ok?

Team talks against us must be so easy - ‘Literally let Dale have 75% of the possession, and occasionally pressure their back line until they make a mistake. Easy.’

Perkins needs to be dropped. Inman needs to be starting games.

Walsall were bloody rubbish, it won’t be long before they slip down the table again. They also had more than a touch of the Fleetwoods about them with their time-wasting and cheating.
Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:21 - Aug 25 with 3028 views442Dale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:12 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

We, as fans, are questioning a system that sees us looking toothless and has resulted in three consecutive home defeats. We are doing it on a fans’ forum.

If that’s enough to make Hill resign, I would be worried how his skin keeps his organs in his body.

And it needs reiterating again that the fans were still willing the team on as they huffed and puffed late on at and least got players into the box. There was very little criticism towards the players or Hill during the game, when in fact that display probably deserved a lot more. The support in the ground is much like last season.

On the game, we should be looking at the lessons learnt: we at least created some issues by getting the ball wide and players into the box. The change to three forwards did this, as it did at Fleetwood, prior to that we had one and unfortunately Wilbraham looked isolated and hardly contributed. Yes, we looked wide open as we were playing with basically two at the back as the full-backs pushed on, but the ball was in the box and we we making them actually defend.

One of the main problems is we are so one-paced, we don't scare teams. We are trying to make them think and draw them out, but at the moment trying to be so clever isn't very clever at all.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:22 - Aug 25 with 3009 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:19 - Aug 25 by Shun

That first goal was such an annoying goal to concede as we dominated that first half and Walsall didn’t even look close to scoring, before or after the goal. Stupid by Norman but it’s difficult to blame him, it’s Hill’s tactics. Walsall were giving us far more space than Posh, Fleetwood or Barnsley but even still the decision to play a risky pass rather than clear it was stupid. It’s cost us all season. I have some sympathy with Hill because he clearly wants his sides to play attractive football and for the main it does look good, but having that style right from the back just invites pressure in a dangerous area and it’s really costing us. Let’s just decide not to start our pretty passing until we’re at least 15 yards from our own box, ok?

Team talks against us must be so easy - ‘Literally let Dale have 75% of the possession, and occasionally pressure their back line until they make a mistake. Easy.’

Perkins needs to be dropped. Inman needs to be starting games.

Walsall were bloody rubbish, it won’t be long before they slip down the table again. They also had more than a touch of the Fleetwoods about them with their time-wasting and cheating.

That was awful, no attack, Perkins and wilbraham offer nothing, but swallow a huge part of the budget. We are in trouble I would suggest.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:25 - Aug 25 with 2970 viewsrichfoad32

Have we used the same lineup for two consecutive games yet? Delaney dropped to the bench today, I'm pretty sure the defence has differed from every game. How can the players have a chance of getting comfortable with each other and the system when a revolving door system is in place? They can't play pressure free when they know one poor game or mistake could see them out of the side for the next game and it can't led to a very settled dressing room either.
Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 2938 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:13 - Aug 25 by MoonyDale

There's not much to debate or disagree over, we have strikers who can't put the ball away, defenders who can't stop the opposition putting the ball away, and midfielders who can't create .......oh and a manager who doesn't seem able to motivate his players, cue the rose tinted brigade to justify that result today. Progression my arse, it's another struggle as last season was......And the surprising thing is that I'm not surprised.

On your last point. I am very surprised and worried at what looks like a repeat of last season. I was buoyed with the new recruits and pre season form however there where some on here who questioned Wilbraham and to a degree Perkins over age. The answer lies at the managers door I cant understand why some will defend Hill yet slate some of his recruits, why is Hill untouchable? no criticism allowed, the venom from some to suggest he is at fault.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:44]

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 2944 viewsjonahwhereru

Only time will tell if a 5 year deal is to long.

The judgement on the length of the contact can only properly be gauged at the end of it or at the time of dismissal from the post.

As it stands for me the manager has earned the right to take us down and be given until December of the following season to get us competitive in L2.

Hopefully that situation will not materialise.

If Hill’s contract does get renewed no more 3 years would be prudent

Let’s hope he does enough in the remainder of his contract to justify renewal.
Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:28 - Aug 25 with 2906 views442Dale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:26 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

On your last point. I am very surprised and worried at what looks like a repeat of last season. I was buoyed with the new recruits and pre season form however there where some on here who questioned Wilbraham and to a degree Perkins over age. The answer lies at the managers door I cant understand why some will defend Hill yet slate some of his recruits, why is Hill untouchable? no criticism allowed, the venom from some to suggest he is at fault.

Hill is getting criticism by many. Far from untouchable.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:36 - Aug 25 with 2805 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:28 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Hill is getting criticism by many. Far from untouchable.

Yes he is criticised and the criticism will get worse unless he turns it around quickly. My point is some will attack anybody who suggest Hill is at fault he has complete control. the mantra for some is do not touch the Dunphy's anointed.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:42]

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:41 - Aug 25 with 2739 views442Dale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:36 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

Yes he is criticised and the criticism will get worse unless he turns it around quickly. My point is some will attack anybody who suggest Hill is at fault he has complete control. the mantra for some is do not touch the Dunphy's anointed.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 17:42]

I could be wrong, but there has been criticism of Hill's decisions by almost everyone. Who has said "do not touch" him?

Again, really not sure why the debate is about what some people may or may not do, challenge opinions rather than individuals.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:41 - Aug 25 with 2739 viewsnordenblue

I've got to admit I'm worried Hill might have a knee jerk reaction and resign tonight.

This is the first time the fans have been really, really on his back...will he cope? I'm not so sure.

Nothing to worry about....
Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:44 - Aug 25 with 2702 viewsJames1980

Of course this is the time to turn on the team and the manager.
Sorry to point out the obvious. BUT WE SUPPORT ROCHDALE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. We are going to lose games, regardless of the manager. We are going to have games where the team doesn't play well. They will have bad runs of games. No I am not using the little old Rochdale justification.
However to paraphrase Basil Fawlty. What do we expect from a league 1 team, with one of the lowest budgets? A 40000 seater stadium perhaps, Lionel Messi and Ronaldo being signed in January.
I am not a Hillophile but as far as I am concerned, daft comments in interviews aside. He is definitely very much in the black still

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:46 - Aug 25 with 2682 viewsrochdale_ranger

HIll out
Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 2655 viewsjudd

Utter crap performance. No defending it AT ALL

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 2654 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:41 - Aug 25 by nordenblue

Nothing to worry about....

Hopefully!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:49 - Aug 25 with 2646 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:44 - Aug 25 by James1980

Of course this is the time to turn on the team and the manager.
Sorry to point out the obvious. BUT WE SUPPORT ROCHDALE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. We are going to lose games, regardless of the manager. We are going to have games where the team doesn't play well. They will have bad runs of games. No I am not using the little old Rochdale justification.
However to paraphrase Basil Fawlty. What do we expect from a league 1 team, with one of the lowest budgets? A 40000 seater stadium perhaps, Lionel Messi and Ronaldo being signed in January.
I am not a Hillophile but as far as I am concerned, daft comments in interviews aside. He is definitely very much in the black still

With all due respect, there are people here who have been watching Rochdale for years. We know what to expect from the team, budget and level we are at.

The level-headed among us may even discuss the system and its failings when we lose consecutive games without calling for the manager’s head.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:51 - Aug 25 with 2620 views442Dale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:49 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

With all due respect, there are people here who have been watching Rochdale for years. We know what to expect from the team, budget and level we are at.

The level-headed among us may even discuss the system and its failings when we lose consecutive games without calling for the manager’s head.

It's about making the most of what we do have. We aren't, either the players or the manager.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 2550 viewsMoonyDale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:26 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

I guess it's somewhere in the middle of the two views for me, he is hated by a few who still can't or won't get over how he left us before. There are a few who think he can walk on water and won't hear a word said against him, I have no time for the latter of those opposing views as everyone should be up for criticism when they mess up. I have personally spoken to a couple of former players who have their own views on Hill and his management style, neither were full of praise but one should take that with a pinch of salt seeing as they were both shown the door by Hill. Sour grapes n all that. Last season was a complete disaster bar the last game and it's looking like we are in the same boat again even this early. In my opinion this is wholly down to the manager, he buys the players, he coaches them and picks the team and formation. It can't be blamed on just the players, or the fans, the buck stops with the manager, some may not agree but the proof has been on display week in week out since the start of last season.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:58 - Aug 25 with 2522 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:49 - Aug 25 by fitzochris

My comment was for the benefit of the unlevel headed.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Walsall, H on 18:03 - Aug 25 with 2455 viewsBazzanne

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:26 - Aug 25 by jonahwhereru

Only time will tell if a 5 year deal is to long.

The judgement on the length of the contact can only properly be gauged at the end of it or at the time of dismissal from the post.

As it stands for me the manager has earned the right to take us down and be given until December of the following season to get us competitive in L2.

Hopefully that situation will not materialise.

If Hill’s contract does get renewed no more 3 years would be prudent

Let’s hope he does enough in the remainder of his contract to justify renewal.

What a negative and uninspiring comment "earned the right to take us down". We should be looking forward not back to League 2. If your only ambition is a return to L2 then we may as well give up now.

We certainly haven't progressed squadwise from last woeful season. Dale are dreadful to watch at the moment, somethings got to change.
Match thread: Walsall, H on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 2433 viewsToffeemanc

Nothing to worry about.
He is never going to resign as he wouldn't get any payoff from the remaining time on his contract.

He'll only leave the club if he gets sacked so he gets the payoff and I don't see that happening as there's no obvious replacement and the club wouldn't be able to afford it.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread: Walsall, H on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 2348 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Walsall, H on 17:41 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

I could be wrong, but there has been criticism of Hill's decisions by almost everyone. Who has said "do not touch" him?

Again, really not sure why the debate is about what some people may or may not do, challenge opinions rather than individuals.

I have been very careful not to mention individuals neither have I mention Hill out I'm very much sitting on the fence. I don't care one way or the other but will say Hill is probably the best option should we be playing Div2, whether he is the best option in div1 I'm unsure about his record suggests he should be given time just how much time is my question? I'm sure a couple of wins will change my view football is like that.

Match thread: Walsall, H on 18:16 - Aug 25 with 2309 viewsDaley_Lama

Please please Please! can we go 5 up at home sometime this season, if only to stop the incessant screeches of SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT when we get the ball at CH position.

Walsall weren’t all that, as at Fleetwood we were the better team first half but dropped an absolute ricket of a goal.

Didn’t see the second goal, took jnr for a pee, we had the ball as we entered the tunnel, they scored before zips were undone so i suspect someone gave the ball away.

Sadly, we are at our best when playing two big uns up front and launching. Not from a central position as MJW kept trying, better from out wide.

Nice distraction of a trip to Middlesboogie next, see if we can keep our away record going. Perhaps with slightly more encouraging shouts from the bleachers.

Poll: DF in or out

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024