Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So many whys? 17:59 - Aug 26 with 10339 viewsBillyRudd

Just a few personal thoughts on this wet and miserable Sunday afternoon.
I would,nt mind Henderson (our one true converter of chances) dropping into mid-table occasionally, if he actually achieved anything in doing so. He does,nt.
If Keith Hills team talks are anything like his interview musings then it,s no wonder the players look disjointed and confused.
Why is Calvins ratio of headers won so much greater in our penalty area than the opposing teams area?
Why does it seem that everytime someone has a good game they are dropped for the next.
Why are we so reluctant to shoot from outside the box.
Why are we playing the ball out of defence at a snail pace.
Why are we playing across the defensive back line as we do. Its total football but only in our defensive third. We can,t or won,t do it from the halfway line.
Why if its practised in training, has our crossing of the ball not improved in the last 2 years.
Why other than the last 10 minutes in the Fleetwood and Walsall games when we were chasing the game by taking route 1 (and looking more dangerous in doing it) do we play the same tactic for 80mins of a slow march out of defense with no end result.
Why does Camps look a troubled soul out there.
What must Cannon be thinking.
Why is an injured players status such a state secret? I defy any opposing team to second guess a Hill team selection beforehand so what does it matter?
How does Hill motivate players (a genuine question) because I see nothing in his personna that would get me pulling my tripe out for 90 minutes if I was playing in a position I felt was,nt my best and then getting dropped for it. Anyone with any inside knowledge, please tell because I genuinely believe that he would drop Ronaldo if he did,nt perform at right back.
Has Hill ever publicly admitted losing a match due to his mistakes rather than the players. One for TVOS there.
And finally how are the refreshments organised. Is it a concession that is awarded for a fixed fee so the club don,t give a damn? A pie and a drink used to be part of the match experience. Alas not any more for me.
Does you good to get it off your chest.
So many whys? on 14:07 - Aug 28 with 2079 viewsD_Alien

So many whys? on 13:49 - Aug 28 by tony_roch975

As I said DA, these thoughts have been raised by many. Whilst Hill's attitude is an issue,as I also said (& today's manager has to be a top spin-doctor as well as coach - Hill is no Southgate), I don't think it's as simple as Hill knowing to deploy Hendo up front - it is his strongest position but he was as much off the pace against Barnsley or Walsall as any; without the strikers pressing high m/f is overrun; from that comes fear and lack of risk taking - last night Spurs & Utd players kept trying to beat opponents however many times they got tackled. Hendo's been our best player over several years but his career is coming to an end and we haven't been able to replace his loss of pace etc with another 'wonder signing' cos they aren't there on our budget. It's a more existential problem - yes, stick to a formation & selection for a few games, select the most high energy players and give them loads of praise but I'd question just how many Lg1 standard players we do have for this new 'progressive' high-paced style which is becoming the norm. Maybe best we can do is demand effort and give them loads of support as long as they're doing their best.

I'd agree with that. I was just trying to make the point that the views of pundits are often not much better-informed (if at all) than many fans who study the game, so apologies if it came across as a dig

There's definitely a confidence issue, and it's not just down to results (although obviously they don't help) but more from players perhaps feeling they're not able to fulfil what the manager seems to require of them

As an advocate of 532 it's disappointing to see it being used as a "defensive" or "negative" mindset when it's designed to allow at least as much freedom to attack (if not more) than other systems, whilst maintaining defensive stability

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So many whys? on 14:16 - Aug 28 with 2044 viewstony_roch975

So many whys? on 14:07 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

I'd agree with that. I was just trying to make the point that the views of pundits are often not much better-informed (if at all) than many fans who study the game, so apologies if it came across as a dig

There's definitely a confidence issue, and it's not just down to results (although obviously they don't help) but more from players perhaps feeling they're not able to fulfil what the manager seems to require of them

As an advocate of 532 it's disappointing to see it being used as a "defensive" or "negative" mindset when it's designed to allow at least as much freedom to attack (if not more) than other systems, whilst maintaining defensive stability

all fair points DA , cheers
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:08]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:03 - Aug 29 with 1889 viewsTVOS1907

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:01 - Aug 28 by rochdale_ranger

I’d say your more of a boring pedantic and a reet bad Be littler.

I’ll get over it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:16 - Aug 29 with 1859 viewskiwidale

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:03 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

I’ll get over it.

It seems your role as a yes man has been rumbled.

This is not the time for bickering.

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:46 - Aug 29 with 1849 viewsTVOS1907

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:16 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

Really? I’m nobody’s yes man, never have been and never will be. It seems you’re struggling to see the wood for the trees now.

You should go back and read ALL of my posts to see how inaccurate your comment is.

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:48 - Aug 29 with 1810 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:16 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

I thought you planned on just reading this forum rather than commenting,for a chap by your own admission not intent on falling out with folk you do go out of your way to find it.
For someone who sees less than a handful of games on tele a season you've got some very strong views, picking arguments with fans who travel the country every week is pretty staggering really,and doesn't really hold much weight.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 7:15]
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:25 - Aug 29 with 1735 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:48 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

I thought you planned on just reading this forum rather than commenting,for a chap by your own admission not intent on falling out with folk you do go out of your way to find it.
For someone who sees less than a handful of games on tele a season you've got some very strong views, picking arguments with fans who travel the country every week is pretty staggering really,and doesn't really hold much weight.

I'm not sure why anyone takes what he posts with anything other than disdain, simply not worth engaging in debate with

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for too long myself

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So many whys? on 09:59 - Aug 29 with 1693 viewskiwidale

It seems my comment has rattled the collective clique's cage. Its upvotes all round I'm feeling the outrage boys.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:19 - Aug 29 with 1656 viewskiwidale

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:48 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

My planned retirement was but momentary thought young norden why would I when I'm having so much fun. I'm 70 years old living on the other side of the world on a football forum it amazing me how I can get you all a 'tither. At least you acknowledge I see some games before dismissing my views how many are there in an handful these days? Fair play to those who travel away I've been there and done that and enjoyed it I miss the mates I travelled with some may be on here some are dead I wish I could do it again with the same lads.

So many whys? on 10:28 - Aug 29 with 1643 viewsnordenblue

So many whys? on 09:59 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

It seems my comment has rattled the collective clique's cage. Its upvotes all round I'm feeling the outrage boys.

Who's actually in this "collective clique" then I'm intrigued,or is it just anyone generally that doesn't share your warped unfactual opinions?

I don't actually know any of the other posters on this thread but I'm sure you'll enlighten us all,very much like you try to do on all things related to the football,another topic you personally know a similar amount about.

There can be no outrage from me for something that's totally expected.
So many whys? on 10:34 - Aug 29 with 1640 viewskiwidale

So many whys? on 10:28 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

Who's actually in this "collective clique" then I'm intrigued,or is it just anyone generally that doesn't share your warped unfactual opinions?

I don't actually know any of the other posters on this thread but I'm sure you'll enlighten us all,very much like you try to do on all things related to the football,another topic you personally know a similar amount about.

my dear norden stop taking everything I say to heart haven't you got a job to do?

So many whys? on 10:36 - Aug 29 with 1638 viewskiwidale

So many whys? on 10:28 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

By the way stop feeding the troll it makes me feel important.

So many whys? on 10:41 - Aug 29 with 1633 viewstony_roch975

Just listened to Hill's post match interview. Sounds more positive and balanced than recently. Talks about 'solving a puzzle/ jigsaw', having reviewed past success he decided to revert from 'attractive' passing, possession style which conceded too easily (especially against 'certain opposition') back to more 'realistic' solid structure which stops teams attacking us; about the game being about youth and pace & experienced players can be the most fearful; about giving more chances to the younger/fringe squad members - all things which fans have raised on this forum. Anyone think it's real conversion and that he's got his thinking clear for the first time in a while or is it just Hill responding to general positivity about last night's performance & effort?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

So many whys? on 10:42 - Aug 29 with 1629 viewsnordenblue

So many whys? on 10:34 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

my dear norden stop taking everything I say to heart haven't you got a job to do?

Yes got a couple of jobs whilst running a company too,your point is?
Still not answering things I see,who's in this "clique" you've imagined up again?
So many whys? on 10:44 - Aug 29 with 1622 viewsTVOS1907

So many whys? on 10:41 - Aug 29 by tony_roch975

Just listened to Hill's post match interview. Sounds more positive and balanced than recently. Talks about 'solving a puzzle/ jigsaw', having reviewed past success he decided to revert from 'attractive' passing, possession style which conceded too easily (especially against 'certain opposition') back to more 'realistic' solid structure which stops teams attacking us; about the game being about youth and pace & experienced players can be the most fearful; about giving more chances to the younger/fringe squad members - all things which fans have raised on this forum. Anyone think it's real conversion and that he's got his thinking clear for the first time in a while or is it just Hill responding to general positivity about last night's performance & effort?

It's a good question.

There was a definite shift in our style of play from the back last night, with less of the passing about we have seen so far.

Whether that's because Championship standard forwards and attacking midfielders are going to have a bit more about them when closing us down, I don't know, but it will be interesting to see if the same policy is used over the next few games against equal (and lesser in the Checkatrade) opposition.

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 29 with 1608 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:19 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

My planned retirement was but momentary thought young norden why would I when I'm having so much fun. I'm 70 years old living on the other side of the world on a football forum it amazing me how I can get you all a 'tither. At least you acknowledge I see some games before dismissing my views how many are there in an handful these days? Fair play to those who travel away I've been there and done that and enjoyed it I miss the mates I travelled with some may be on here some are dead I wish I could do it again with the same lads.

Sorry to burst your bubble,but im not in the slightest annoyed or whatever else you'd love to believe,if you require an ego boost/attention seek so much by posting such shite id be more inclined to look how your own life's panning out rather than questioning others on here.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 10:49]
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 1605 viewskiwidale

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:49 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

Sorry to burst your bubble,but im not in the slightest annoyed or whatever else you'd love to believe,if you require an ego boost/attention seek so much by posting such shite id be more inclined to look how your own life's panning out rather than questioning others on here.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 10:49]

how long are you planning to play last word? I've got forever I haven't got two jobs and a business to run.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 10:53]

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 1576 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:52 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

how long are you planning to play last word? I've got forever I haven't got two jobs and a business to run.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 10:53]

Pretty ironic whilst you keep posting the last word?
You're really not that bright,but that's fairly obvious

You stick to watching football on the tele and telling is all what we should be thinking,now theres a good chap
So many whys? on 11:16 - Aug 29 with 1556 viewsrochdale_ranger

To be fair it’s an Internet forum where we all log on using pseudonyms so when Kiwi disagrees with TVOS he’s not dissing his years of traveling up and down the country watching and reporting on the Dale anymore then someone who criticises my view is I also consider myself someone who has done a lot for the club. Nordenblues constant arselicking and jumping to TVOS Defense on here is cringeworthy.
So many whys? on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 1541 viewsTVOS1907

So many whys? on 11:16 - Aug 29 by rochdale_ranger

To be fair it’s an Internet forum where we all log on using pseudonyms so when Kiwi disagrees with TVOS he’s not dissing his years of traveling up and down the country watching and reporting on the Dale anymore then someone who criticises my view is I also consider myself someone who has done a lot for the club. Nordenblues constant arselicking and jumping to TVOS Defense on here is cringeworthy.

I'm more than capable of defending myself if I choose to. In some cases, though, there's actually no point in trying.

And I've no idea who nordenblue is, nor if he knows me personally. Perhaps he's just expressing his own opinions.

So many whys? on 11:29 - Aug 29 with 1521 viewsrochdale_ranger

So many whys? on 11:25 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

I'm more than capable of defending myself if I choose to. In some cases, though, there's actually no point in trying.

And I've no idea who nordenblue is, nor if he knows me personally. Perhaps he's just expressing his own opinions.

I’m more than capable of defending myself= reports people to fansnetwork mods.
So many whys? on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 1505 viewsnordenblue

So many whys? on 11:29 - Aug 29 by rochdale_ranger

Not too dissimilar to licking kiwis arse would you say?
If you're in agreement with him I'm delighted to take as far an opposite opinion as possible.

Your post about the gala,politics were/still are something real special,keep up the good work and you should be delighted to be in agreement with Kiwi you're in perfect company.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 11:41]
So many whys? on 11:40 - Aug 29 with 1505 viewsTVOS1907

So many whys? on 11:29 - Aug 29 by rochdale_ranger

Aye, once, and there were very good reasons for doing so, as backed up by their editing of the relevant post.

So many whys? on 11:58 - Aug 29 with 1482 viewskiwidale

So many whys? on 11:40 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Aye, once, and there were very good reasons for doing so, as backed up by their editing of the relevant post.

Can I suggest you change your moniker to George Orwell.

So many whys? on 12:07 - Aug 29 with 1473 viewsTVOS1907

So many whys? on 11:58 - Aug 29 by kiwidale

Can I suggest you change your moniker to George Orwell.

Aye, if it makes you feel better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024