Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The match that mattered most 01:38 - Sep 9 with 6104 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Never seen this before. Love it u rrrs!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The match that mattered most on 14:11 - Sep 11 with 1122 viewsBostonR

The match that mattered most on 13:59 - Sep 11 by charmr

People talk about the oldham game for noise and atmosphere, personally when Webb scored the winner against stoke that season to make it 3-2 with secs remaining beats it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:00]

Silencing 30,000 Spurs fans at White Hart Lane was memorable. A 3-0 demolition (could have been six) with Bowles and Francis putting on an amazing performance.
The match that mattered most on 14:16 - Sep 11 with 1106 viewsBostonR

People talk about the oldham game for noise and atmosphere, personally when Webb scored the winner against stoke that season to make it 3-2 with secs remaining beats it.

I was with the 2,000 Rs fans at Highfield Rd - we did ride our luck but what a goal from the Rs.

The match that mattered most on 16:59 - Sep 11 with 1071 viewsstowmarketrange

The match that mattered most on 13:48 - Sep 11 by BostonR

I have often said on this forum that as the season went on the atmosphere was incredible. The last two home games, especially the Arsenal home game was something else with 30,000 plus attendances at LR.

I remember the tickets for the Leeds went on sale earlier that week and I was on the first 72 bus from roehampton and got to the box office about 7am.
That 2 hour wait was well worth it when I went back down South Africa road after getting my tickets and the queue was back to the White City dog track.
The match that mattered most on 17:09 - Sep 11 with 1062 viewsBostonR

The match that mattered most on 16:59 - Sep 11 by stowmarketrange

I remember the tickets for the Leeds went on sale earlier that week and I was on the first 72 bus from roehampton and got to the box office about 7am.
That 2 hour wait was well worth it when I went back down South Africa road after getting my tickets and the queue was back to the White City dog track.

If I recall there was an article in the evening standard that almost 10,000 were locked out at the Leeds game.

I remember getting to the game and the crush along SAR was incredible. Also, some fans got in without tickets in the SAR stand were sitting on the steps - great memories of a fantastic time and what a team!
The match that mattered most on 19:34 - Sep 11 with 1000 viewsterryb

The match that mattered most on 16:59 - Sep 11 by stowmarketrange

I can't remember the game being all ticket & I know I din't queue to get them. After the Arsenal match on Easter Monday morning, I drove straight back to Ipswich & met my wife just after kick off in the Churchmans stand!

Therefore, I must say a big thank you to whoever obtained the tickets for me!
The match that mattered most on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 984 viewsBostonR

Did you mean this-
The match that mattered most on 19:58 - Sep 11 with 966 viewsCiderwithRsie

This thread should be a sticky so we can all resort to it after some shocking capitulation.
The match that mattered most on 02:34 - Sep 12 with 885 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m not sure whether it should be on this thread or the oldest chant one but I noticed that we were singing “you’ll never walk alone “ on about 20 mins of that film.I mentioned that we used to sing it in the 70’s a few months ago and not many people believed me.
Login to get fewer ads

The match that mattered most on 09:05 - Sep 12 with 839 viewsBostonR

The match that mattered most on 19:58 - Sep 11 by CiderwithRsie

This thread should be a sticky so we can all resort to it after some shocking capitulation.

Great goal from Givens
The match that mattered most on 09:22 - Sep 12 with 824 views2Thomas2Bowles

First goal, crowd surges ( as it did on the loft terrace) cops grab a few of us and chuck us out, run back round to LR from ER, back in for the second goal

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The match that mattered most on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 766 viewssmegma

The match that mattered most on 19:34 - Sep 11 by terryb

I can't remember the game being all ticket & I know I din't queue to get them. After the Arsenal match on Easter Monday morning, I drove straight back to Ipswich & met my wife just after kick off in the Churchmans stand!

Therefore, I must say a big thank you to whoever obtained the tickets for me!

Same here. I paid at the turnstiles in the Loft. The only time I recall an all ticket game when I was a kid was the Leicester City FA Cup QF. I turned up to find out it was sold out.
The match that mattered most on 13:11 - Sep 12 with 753 viewsstowmarketrange

The match that mattered most on 12:56 - Sep 12 by smegma

Same here. I paid at the turnstiles in the Loft. The only time I recall an all ticket game when I was a kid was the Leicester City FA Cup QF. I turned up to find out it was sold out.

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I could’ve sworn that I queued up a couple of hours before the box office opened for that game.
I stood in the loft too,but I still think I bought a ticket for it before the game.
We didn’t have many games like that in those days for me to get mixed up with.
The match that mattered most on 13:34 - Sep 12 with 721 viewsBostonR

Always thought had we beaten Leicester in that QF we would have gone onto the final. The team was coming together, but not to be and almost 34,000 at LR if I recall.

The match that mattered most on 13:38 - Sep 12 with 709 viewsdoogi10

Not all ticket the quarter final against chelscum was all ticket
you turn up if you was locked out tough.
I was there i was at Leicester dave thomas goal what a screamer
The match that mattered most on 13:47 - Sep 12 with 695 viewsterryb

Perhaps it was slightly before your time smegma, but the C*****a 6th round match in 1970 was all ticket.

Tickets went on sale on the Saturday that Rangers were away to Hull (we won) & The Pensioners were playing a home league match. Tickets were available on production of the Derby programme from the 5th round or on showing the supporters club membership card.

What could possibly go wrong?

Well, the C*****a match was postponed & the said programme was readily available! Therefore, there were thousands of their supporters in the queue as well & what should have been no more than a 30 minute job, turned into a multi hour task!

Hence, why the crowd seemed to be 70% away fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024