Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you have a spare 15 minutes. 09:50 - Oct 3 with 2283 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:32 - Oct 3 with 2220 views2Thomas2Bowles

There goes my youth
When football was enjoyable.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:38 - Oct 3 with 2211 viewsMick_S

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:32 - Oct 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

There goes my youth
When football was enjoyable.

Jeez, I used to love Sunday afternoons - Out of Town, Captain Scarlett and The Big Match.

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:55 - Oct 3 with 2180 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:38 - Oct 3 by Mick_S

Jeez, I used to love Sunday afternoons - Out of Town, Captain Scarlett and The Big Match.

And Sunday morning 5 a side football at Lillie rec. apart from Fulham youth players having a side there.
Sneaking in to see the strippers in the pub on Fulham Palace Rd, can't remember the name.

Sunday roast

The only bad thing about Sundays was if it was pissing down with rain and the shops were all shut.

And your little brother not leaving you alone with your girlfriend, what you doing what you doing Grrrrrrrrr
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 10:59]

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:02 - Oct 3 with 2158 viewsMick_S

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:55 - Oct 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And Sunday morning 5 a side football at Lillie rec. apart from Fulham youth players having a side there.
Sneaking in to see the strippers in the pub on Fulham Palace Rd, can't remember the name.

Sunday roast

The only bad thing about Sundays was if it was pissing down with rain and the shops were all shut.

And your little brother not leaving you alone with your girlfriend, what you doing what you doing Grrrrrrrrr

I was 6.

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:11 - Oct 3 with 2134 viewsTrellick

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 10:55 - Oct 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Sunday roast

A friend told me the strippers pub was the Greyhound
If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:11 - Oct 3 with 2131 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:02 - Oct 3 by Mick_S

I was 6.

From 1970-77 ? were you born in a leap year and forgot your birthday

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 2126 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:11 - Oct 3 by Trellick

A friend told me the strippers pub was the Greyhound

Yes that was it lol

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:17 - Oct 3 with 2109 views2Thomas2Bowles

Current Use: Was derelict for a while. In the early 1990s housed the Cosmic Comedy Club (run by Ollie Smith who was behind the Town & Country music venue before the Mean Fiddler took over and renamed it the Forum - see photo in forthcoming set). Then it became one of the Puzzle chain of pubs. Now the Southern Belle, a barbecue restaurant/pool hall.
In the 1960s the backroom was a home for Irish traditional music with the likes of Jimmy Power and Reg Hall. In 1967-68 there was also a folk club which booked artists like Alex Campbell, the Young Tradition, Shirley Collins and Dave and Toni Arthur. In the 1970s and 80s with landlord Duncan Ferguson it was a rock venue. Bands which played here included Status Quo, Average White Band, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Brinsley Schwarz, Bees Make Honey, Matching Mole, Mike Westbrook, Humphey Lyttleton, Oblivion Express, the Stranglers and Jam. It featured punk music in the late 1970s.

I see they leave out about the Strippers

Login to get fewer ads

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:54 - Oct 3 with 2028 viewsingeminate

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:17 - Oct 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Current Use: Was derelict for a while. In the early 1990s housed the Cosmic Comedy Club (run by Ollie Smith who was behind the Town & Country music venue before the Mean Fiddler took over and renamed it the Forum - see photo in forthcoming set). Then it became one of the Puzzle chain of pubs. Now the Southern Belle, a barbecue restaurant/pool hall.
In the 1960s the backroom was a home for Irish traditional music with the likes of Jimmy Power and Reg Hall. In 1967-68 there was also a folk club which booked artists like Alex Campbell, the Young Tradition, Shirley Collins and Dave and Toni Arthur. In the 1970s and 80s with landlord Duncan Ferguson it was a rock venue. Bands which played here included Status Quo, Average White Band, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Brinsley Schwarz, Bees Make Honey, Matching Mole, Mike Westbrook, Humphey Lyttleton, Oblivion Express, the Stranglers and Jam. It featured punk music in the late 1970s.

Used to go down to the cosmic comedy club all the time, happy memories.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 12:04 - Oct 3 with 2002 viewscolinallcars

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 11:17 - Oct 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The pub rock days were marvellous. Other pub rock pubs in West London included the Castle in Harrow Rd and the Kensington near Olympia. Some cracking bands a little less known than some you mention like Ace, Walrus, Left Hand Drive, Ducks De Luxe etc.
If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 1961 viewsRs_Holy

9:50 - His team have just conceded (not happy)... she thinks "I know how to cheers him up"
10.00 - Terry Mancini simply wouldnt let baldness get in the way of a good mullet.
12:38 - Is that Ian Botham???
If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 1931 viewsTheChef

Man, I miss that old LWT ident.

The 74-75 intro mainly shows footballers hugging and kissing (around 12:00 mark)?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 12:58 - Oct 3 with 1902 viewsMick_S

Jim Montgomery's double save - what a footballing memory.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 13:00]

If you have a spare 15 minutes. on 12:58 - Oct 3 with 1900 viewsR_from_afar

Great days! Thanks for posting. I also used to watch this:

Ah, the dulcet tones of Hugh Johns...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024