Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron and Wells 22:15 - Oct 6 with 4650 viewsbosh67

Cameron. How impressive is he? He's on another planet in terms of his technical ability and awareness. Plays with such ease in the midfield. A big man that glides past players like they're not there, who times tackles so well, and sets play off again. Makes the game look easy. Interesting to watch him literally from the sidelines. He was the best technical player on the pitch by a mile. Really so so good.

Wells, if only the ball hadn't got stuck under his feet when he anticipated Rangel's ball when Rangell slipped and accidentally played the pass of the day. But, the weird thing is that when this guy drops back, mainly because he is completely starved of service, and picks the ball up in midfield he is fantastic. He sees play so quickly, his passing range is brilliant and I am starting to wonder if he would be better as a forward running midfielder, because today there were shades of Faurlin in the way he picked the ball up and sprayed it around. Great awareness in finding Cameron from the free kick save. A really gifted player but looks like a playmaker rather than a natural finisher. Beautiful curled shot off the bar in the first half.

They'll both probably get dropped for the next match.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cameron and Wells on 11:43 - Oct 9 with 553 viewswhittocksRs

Thought Cameron had a good game and has a decent presence about himself. He did fade in and out of the game and it seemed that when he drifted out of position that was when Derby attacked through the middle. I was more concerned about Luongo, though. The game passed him by too often and that gave Cameron a lot of extra work, and his lack of confidence in the final third is really becoming a problem for us.
Cameron and Wells on 11:53 - Oct 9 with 532 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cameron and Wells on 11:43 - Oct 9 by whittocksRs

Thought Cameron had a good game and has a decent presence about himself. He did fade in and out of the game and it seemed that when he drifted out of position that was when Derby attacked through the middle. I was more concerned about Luongo, though. The game passed him by too often and that gave Cameron a lot of extra work, and his lack of confidence in the final third is really becoming a problem for us.

Thought Luongo had a really good second half, and came close to scoring in the first. Getting better after a very slow start to the season. Did some great work down the right with Pav.

Bare bones.

Cameron and Wells on 11:56 - Oct 9 with 526 viewswhittocksRs

Cameron and Wells on 11:53 - Oct 9 by Antti_Heinola

Thought Luongo had a really good second half, and came close to scoring in the first. Getting better after a very slow start to the season. Did some great work down the right with Pav.

Hope you're right but I'm concerned about him really for the first time since he joined us. He always seems close to scoring, and maybe he's cursed, but nearly isn't enough after 100-odd games. I think he was worried after taking an early yellow and then couldn't get stuck into the Derby mids, who would have gotten him sent off.
Cameron and Wells on 12:23 - Oct 9 with 481 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cameron and Wells on 11:56 - Oct 9 by whittocksRs

Hope you're right but I'm concerned about him really for the first time since he joined us. He always seems close to scoring, and maybe he's cursed, but nearly isn't enough after 100-odd games. I think he was worried after taking an early yellow and then couldn't get stuck into the Derby mids, who would have gotten him sent off.

yeah maybe.
he got 7 goals last season though. He's only got one this season so far, but 7 from midfield is pretty decent isn't it?

Bare bones.

Cameron and Wells on 14:26 - Oct 9 with 381 viewsWadR

Yeah, I also thought that was Luongo's best performance of the season so far. Not that the bar is very high, this was like a 7/10, but thought there was a good 25 min spell in the second half when he was controlling the game.

I think bringing on Hemed and switching to 4-4-2 was a misstep, suddenly we were outnumbered in central midfield, and with Mass on a yellow and Cameron struggling to cover much ground towards the end, the newly introduced Huddlestone started pulling the strings and we struggled with the runners through the centre.

Got a bit better when we switched to more of a narrow diamond, but still think the,in theory, laudable attempt to go for the attacking change actually hindered us.

Cameron is clearly a very decent player, but still think Scowen could be doing that job, and he wouldn't be blowing after 60 mins every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024