Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James - Is he off ? 08:58 - Jan 30 with 72799 viewsSWANSEYE

ON TWITTER THIS MORNING......IS THE DEAL GOING DOWN OR IS IT STILL A LOAD OF B******S !!!

J.J
@jjbtdc247
· 10h
Replying to @PhilHayYEP and 2 others
Close to an agreement or nowhere near?
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
it’s like this. Club have been confident but even forgetting them, I spoke to someone close to James yesterday who said it will “100% get done” (his words not mine, just so we’re clear). It’s been hanging that way since last week. Question now is whether it’ll actually go through

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:29 - Jan 31 with 1958 viewsJackSomething

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:25 - Jan 31 by LeedsAaron

Surely incredibly unprofessional to even send him to Leeds and then basically ignore any contact for 5 hours? Just don't get why it even got to that stage if it wasn't going to happen.

It's harsh on Leeds and Dan, but it may be that the financial need to sell him was eased when Bony and his alleged £120k a week were officially off the books.

I'm sure if the situation was reversed, Leeds fans would be delighted to have kept a promising player.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:29 - Jan 31 with 1958 viewsLeedsAaron

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:28 - Jan 31 by Captain_Sham

It may have been that we were hedging our bets. Bony didn't get offloaded till late on. It shabby for sure and I can understand why youd be pi$$ed off.

Fair enough, I didn't realise it was resting on other players, can see both points of view!
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:29 - Jan 31 with 1956 viewsLeonWasGod

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:21 - Jan 31 by LeedsAaron

Essentially, deal was agreed, James passed his medical, was sat at ER from about 6pm waiting to be unveiled and Swansea went quiet. Stopped responding to contact and 11pm went by. No deal sheet in with the EFL so as far as this window is concerned, James to Leeds isn't happening.

Can't seem James wanting to play for you lot now surely? Be interested to see your views.

Well according to his team mates he didn't want to go. So who do you believe - the BBC or his team mates?

Whatever happened, the whole thing has been a waste of time. Not surprising to have us involved in a feck up though.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1929 viewsmonmouth

Surely incredibly unprofessional to even send him to Leeds and then basically ignore any contact for 5 hours? Just don't get why it even got to that stage if it wasn't going to happen.

He'll be absolutely fine when he gets his new contract. He's a football player. Chip paper stuff. If he continues to progress you'll be back or he'll get a club with better prospects, maybe Watford or Brighton.

The far more interesting story for us is the obvious power battle within the club. DJ and leeds are just a sideshow in any way compared to that little honey I would say.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1918 viewsLeedsAaron

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:29 - Jan 31 by JackSomething

It's harsh on Leeds and Dan, but it may be that the financial need to sell him was eased when Bony and his alleged £120k a week were officially off the books.

I'm sure if the situation was reversed, Leeds fans would be delighted to have kept a promising player.

Oh yeah definitely I understand both sides - I didn't realise it rested on Bony who as you said would have been taking home a decent wedge each week.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1913 viewsPorthcawlswan

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:28 - Jan 31 by TheKirkyLife

My view is "hilarious".

One of three things happened:

- The Bony move going through gave the owners leverage in whether to sell or not.
- Potter/Jenkins (depending on who you listen to) stepped in and demanded that James stays (suggesting that Dan DIDN'T want to move but was being forced out along with Fer).
- Our paperwork sucks.

Could be all three but either way he's come through our academy and has a lot of mates in the team. Of course he'll be happy to continue playing for us, still got over a year left of his current deal.

As previously mentioned i'm tending to agree that it rested on the bony deal. Pretty funny and unprofessional though 😂😂
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1894 viewsHeadmaster

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 by monmouth

He'll be absolutely fine when he gets his new contract. He's a football player. Chip paper stuff. If he continues to progress you'll be back or he'll get a club with better prospects, maybe Watford or Brighton.

The far more interesting story for us is the obvious power battle within the club. DJ and leeds are just a sideshow in any way compared to that little honey I would say.

"The far more interesting story for us is the obvious power battle within the club. DJ and leeds are just a sideshow in any way compared to that little honey I would say."

Indeed. We need some proper journalism to find out what the hell is going on.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 1878 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Login to get fewer ads

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 1855 viewsraynor94

Can see your point, and why you would be pissed off, but this boy is a gem, his price will go through the roof this summer

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dan James - Is he off ? (n/t) on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 1852 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:31 - Jan 31 by exiledinenglandjack

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 23:32]

Its just a ride.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:32 - Jan 31 with 1845 viewsmonmouth

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:29 - Jan 31 by LeonWasGod

Well according to his team mates he didn't want to go. So who do you believe - the BBC or his team mates?

Whatever happened, the whole thing has been a waste of time. Not surprising to have us involved in a feck up though.

No mate it really hasn't been a waste of time. It has surfaced some deep poisons and splits within the club hierarchy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:32 - Jan 31 with 1832 viewsPorthcawlswan

This would actually be a decent transfer window
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:32 - Jan 31 with 1814 viewslonglostjack

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 by Porthcawlswan

As previously mentioned i'm tending to agree that it rested on the bony deal. Pretty funny and unprofessional though 😂😂

Sorry Leeds fans but I couldn’t give a toss this evening how you feel ! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Not meant as a reply to you Porthcawl
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 23:34]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:33 - Jan 31 with 1784 viewsCaptain_Sham

Caroll to Villa ?? What the actual fk is going on?

Its just a ride.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:33 - Jan 31 with 1762 viewsTheKirkyLife

RIGHT! News just in, Montero has gone to West Brom on loan subject to international clearance.

One final dagger at least.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:33 - Jan 31 with 1763 viewsJackSomething

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:30 - Jan 31 by LeedsAaron

Oh yeah definitely I understand both sides - I didn't realise it rested on Bony who as you said would have been taking home a decent wedge each week.

That's just my opinion, may well be something else entirely, but it seems fairly likely.

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Leeds fan, but as Monmouth says, I can see Dan signing a new contract now and it'll all be water under the bridge for him as it all comes down to money for the players at the end of the day.

If you guys go up without him, you'll forget all about him. If you don't, I'll imagine our boys will get a warm reception at your place next season.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:34 - Jan 31 with 1742 viewsPorthcawlswan

Im a Swansea fan mate, hence porthcawlswan
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:35 - Jan 31 with 1713 viewsmajorraglan

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:21 - Jan 31 by LeedsAaron

Essentially, deal was agreed, James passed his medical, was sat at ER from about 6pm waiting to be unveiled and Swansea went quiet. Stopped responding to contact and 11pm went by. No deal sheet in with the EFL so as far as this window is concerned, James to Leeds isn't happening.

Can't seem James wanting to play for you lot now surely? Be interested to see your views.

Who knows what the hell has gone on, have 1of the club’s tried to change the terms of the deal/ more or less money etc, but if and I say if it’s a case of Swansea just stopping contact its very poor. Take the fact that the club concerned is Leeds out of it, if I was Dan James and has been waiting 5 hours kicking my heels I wouldn’t be very happy. What’s not clear is whether he has asked to move or been touted for sale and possibly didn’t want to go or actually was touted and then agreed to go. No doubt the move would have boosted his bank balance. The club could hav3 a pretty peeved player on its hands if it’s at fault.

Just maybe, the board have seen the fans reaction and thought better of it.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:35 - Jan 31 with 1710 viewsPozuelosSideys

Carrol to Villa? WTF

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:36 - Jan 31 with 1689 viewsHeadmaster

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:37 - Jan 31 with 1667 viewslonglostjack

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:34 - Jan 31 by Porthcawlswan

Im a Swansea fan mate, hence porthcawlswan

I edited my post - see above YJB !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:37 - Jan 31 with 1644 viewsTheKirkyLife

UHHHHHH WHAT????

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/carroll-completes-villa-loan
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:37 - Jan 31 with 1642 viewsswan_si

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:33 - Jan 31 by JackSomething

That's just my opinion, may well be something else entirely, but it seems fairly likely.

I wouldn't be happy if I was a Leeds fan, but as Monmouth says, I can see Dan signing a new contract now and it'll all be water under the bridge for him as it all comes down to money for the players at the end of the day.

If you guys go up without him, you'll forget all about him. If you don't, I'll imagine our boys will get a warm reception at your place next season.

We play them away on 13th Feb.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:38 - Jan 31 with 1622 viewsLeonWasGod

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:32 - Jan 31 by monmouth

No mate it really hasn't been a waste of time. It has surfaced some deep poisons and splits within the club hierarchy.

Aye that's a fair point.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:38 - Jan 31 with 1607 viewsJackSomething

Dan James - Is he off ? on 23:36 - Jan 31 by Headmaster

The plot thickens. While I understand keeping Dan, not sure why someone would pull the plug on Fer going. He's gone in the summer anyway, so this is either someone in the club making a statement or the club believing that we can go up this season and with Bony gone, we can take the financial hit of keeping Fer for another six months.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024