Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James - Is he off ? 08:58 - Jan 30 with 72687 viewsSWANSEYE

ON TWITTER THIS MORNING......IS THE DEAL GOING DOWN OR IS IT STILL A LOAD OF B******S !!!

J.J
@jjbtdc247
· 10h
Replying to @PhilHayYEP and 2 others
Close to an agreement or nowhere near?
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
it’s like this. Club have been confident but even forgetting them, I spoke to someone close to James yesterday who said it will “100% get done” (his words not mine, just so we’re clear). It’s been hanging that way since last week. Question now is whether it’ll actually go through

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:49 - Jan 31 with 3010 views34dfgdf54

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:44 - Jan 31 by Badlands

Reality check - he started because Routledge was injured.
Dan has averaged just over 30 minutes a game he played in ... impact sub.
Look back at his goal... straight at the keeper - how did that go in? Looked amazing from the stand, comical from the replay. But he got here and no one else did, so full credit.
Great prospect? Maybe.
Exciting to watch? Absolutely.
Effective? Less so.
Montero - world beater ... when fit. It's anyone's guess when he'll be able to take o he field next.

Disappointed they are going? Montero, more than James.
If the player doesn't want to be here then why do we want him to stay?

So you’re spinning the “he didn’t want to be here” line for them are you?
Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:55 - Jan 31 with 2917 viewsshenleymun

Funny how anyone who disagrees with the shouty sheep is on the board’s payroll.

Born in Yorkshire and wants to play for a Yorkshire team that’s going to the Premier League. Big surprise. No doubt when he says the same thing to the Press tomorrow people will say he was bribed or brainwashed.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 2880 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:55 - Jan 31 by shenleymun

Born in Yorkshire and wants to play for a Yorkshire team that’s going to the Premier League. Big surprise. No doubt when he says the same thing to the Press tomorrow people will say he was bribed or brainwashed.

He's not from Leeds and they have not been promoted.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 2859 viewsLoyal

I think the fact he could have stayed and been made to believe in this club is the point.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:58 - Jan 31 with 2862 viewsjack247

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:48 - Jan 31 by richp

2 mil loan fee

Then 5m more if we go up, figures from our end

You won’t want him if you go up and that’s no disrespect to Dan at all.

£2m for an impact sub who can come on after an hour and run tired defences ragged seems pretty astute business to me. May well help you over the line.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:00 - Jan 31 with 2835 viewsjack247

It shouldn’t have come down to him having 18 months to run and earning less than all his peers.

Let’s not even start to make the board out to be the innocent victims here.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:00 - Jan 31 with 2824 viewsMrSwerve

I hope that the club have put a clause in that increases the transfer fee if they go up?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:01 - Jan 31 with 2812 viewsBadlands

I'm waiting for his tweet telling Swansea City was wonderful, the fans were this and that, owes the club etc.
Then the one to Leeds fans on how it's his dream blah, blah, blah.
The kid asked for the move, just as the likes of Leighton James, Robbie James, Trundle, Britton, Pratley, Martinez, Rodgers, DeVries and we always came back stronger.
What is bizarre is Bielsa really doesn't sound as if he knows much about him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 2771 viewsmonmouth

Doesn’t matter what he wants, how many f*cking times? He has 18 months on his contract. If the club wanted to keep him they’d have offered him a new one and told him sign that, we believe in you, or stay on your current wage and you’re going nowhere. Result, tomorrow he buys an Aston and forgets all about Leeds.

This w*nk that he held any sway is going to get right on my tits tonight. Plus even Chris says he KNOWS he wanted to stay, plus DCD who has been right every time in the past.

So let’s ditch that tripe shall we.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:05 - Jan 31 with 2771 viewsAngelRangelQS

As gutted as I am, the one thing I would say about Dan is I have worried on a couple of occasions what sort of player he'd be if he had an injury and lost a yard or two of pace. He hardly has a good final ball on a consistent basis or a bag full of tricks at his disposal. Chances are, he's going to pick up a serious injury at some point given his game, stature and the way players fly into him.

Maybe one day we'll look back on £7m and think it was a decent deal. However, it's only any good if it gets re-invested which it probably won't.

That said, I am very disappointed. More so with what selling him represents.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:09 - Jan 31 with 2709 viewstheloneranger

I think Dan is going to have a real shock, if and when he puts on a Leeds shirt.

Many of the Leeds players have said they didn't become "Bielsa Fit" until approx 6 weeks into this season!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:09 - Jan 31 with 2709 viewsmonmouth

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:05 - Jan 31 by AngelRangelQS

As gutted as I am, the one thing I would say about Dan is I have worried on a couple of occasions what sort of player he'd be if he had an injury and lost a yard or two of pace. He hardly has a good final ball on a consistent basis or a bag full of tricks at his disposal. Chances are, he's going to pick up a serious injury at some point given his game, stature and the way players fly into him.

Maybe one day we'll look back on £7m and think it was a decent deal. However, it's only any good if it gets re-invested which it probably won't.

That said, I am very disappointed. More so with what selling him represents.

At a fair price and a clean sale, and potter having a veto, I would have said it’s an entirely defendable position. Him and Montero together on the terms quoted though...well not in a month of Sundays.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:19 - Jan 31 with 2616 viewsmajorraglan

Dan James - Is he off ? on 18:27 - Jan 31 by Badlands

Dan (good prospect with 18 moths on his contract, bit part player, had his head urned by Leeds and his agent) wanted to go home.
Asked to go.
Bielsa, it turns out doesn't seem enthusiastic.
Fer - routinely slagged off and called useless and 'not worth his wages, 'free up the cash' might leave.
Montero - amazing during the odd part of the odd games he's fit enough to play in. Another 'free up his wages' player, might go.
Result = meltdown.
We have never sold a player before!
We could never get over losing Trundle, Scotland, Leon all of whom demanded to leave for 'better prospects' when we were in the lower divisions before.

We retain the services of

Roberts
Rodon
Harris
Celina
Grimes
Fulton
Byers
Dhanda
McBurnie
Asoro
CBR
All young and most from the academy.

One academy player looks to be leaving.

Montero, James and Fer three of the better players out the door with seemingly nothing coming back the other way.

The real danger here is that today’s business demoralises and tips the heart out of those who are left. There were rumours that Potter walked on transfer deadline day last summer and was talked back, he may not stick around long if he feels there’s no future here.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:37 - Jan 31 with 2486 viewscontroversial_jack

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:00 - Jan 31 by MrSwerve

I hope that the club have put a clause in that increases the transfer fee if they go up?

Why? We won't see the money
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:41 - Jan 31 with 2451 viewsexiledclaseboy

There are conflicting stories floating around about whether James asked (“begged” in some descriptions) for a move or was told in no uncertain terms that Leeds wanted to buy and we wanted to sell.

You pays your money you takes your choice about which to believe suppose.

Poll: Tory leader

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:43 - Jan 31 with 2401 viewsAngelRangelQS

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:09 - Jan 31 by monmouth

At a fair price and a clean sale, and potter having a veto, I would have said it’s an entirely defendable position. Him and Montero together on the terms quoted though...well not in a month of Sundays.

Agreed.

It does feel like we've given Leeds a cracking deal.

Whoever does our negotiation these days is having a mare it seems.
Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:46 - Jan 31 with 2347 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:43 - Jan 31 by AngelRangelQS

Agreed.

It does feel like we've given Leeds a cracking deal.

Whoever does our negotiation these days is having a mare it seems.

Pearlman mentioned he has a big input these days

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:53 - Jan 31 with 2267 viewsvetchonian

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:01 - Jan 31 by Badlands

I'm waiting for his tweet telling Swansea City was wonderful, the fans were this and that, owes the club etc.
Then the one to Leeds fans on how it's his dream blah, blah, blah.
The kid asked for the move, just as the likes of Leighton James, Robbie James, Trundle, Britton, Pratley, Martinez, Rodgers, DeVries and we always came back stronger.
What is bizarre is Bielsa really doesn't sound as if he knows much about him.

How are you so sure that it is Dan who has forced through this move?
As has been repeated he is still under contract for 18 months the club holds the cards.
If the "custodians" of the club have thought for the future an improvement to his contract and keep him here to help us whilst keeping him in the shop window may have made him a better future prospect for sale.
He is likely to get less game time there than here...and I expect any future deal is based on appearances etc.....just like Narsingh so then when the time comes hey ho Dan doesn't play so appearance clauses not triggered.
Leighton James and Robbie left as clubs did come in for them whilst we were in free fall following relegation form Div1 the policy at that time then was to try and use the promising youngsters,the likes of Tony Cotty,Jimmy Loveridge a certain Dean Saunders,Colin Pascoe,Darren Gale used to fill the slots.....there was talk of Pascoe a and Gale going to Liverpool to help repay some of pour debt that never happened....but we didn't try to offload the youth then.The club had offers for Leighton and Robbie and took the much needed cash.
Today it appears we will lose our captain and only "competitive " midfielder albeit he is inconsistent but we look better most fit me he plays,I wil like discountBony as he should never have come back but two Ayews in Montero and James who have helped unlock defences and gain us points this season.
I do suspect you are close to the sellouts and keep apologising for them.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 1946 viewsSwansea93

He's took 'Swansea' out of his bio on Twitter.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 1873 viewsLeonWasGod

Presumably we have to wait until the ST early bird deadline has passed until they have the balls to confirm?
Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 1874 viewsChief

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:41 - Jan 31 by exiledclaseboy

There are conflicting stories floating around about whether James asked (“begged” in some descriptions) for a move or was told in no uncertain terms that Leeds wanted to buy and we wanted to sell.

The club could have killed all this dead weeks ago, but didn't. James didn't refuse to play or have a strop, look at the way he celebrated on Tuesday.

The club wanted to sell him, simple as that.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 1780 viewsmonmouth

Dan James - Is he off ? on 19:41 - Jan 31 by exiledclaseboy

I'll say again, if I was on peanuts compared to anyone else, I'd asked about a new contract and said I wanted to stay and been told no you stay on peanuts and I knew Leeds were in for me and would double? treble? Quadruple? my wages, I'd be begging to go too and I'm from Swansea, he's not.

It's half a story. Plus ifthe club actually wanted to keep him, begging wouldn't work now would it?

It's a massive pile of dissembling shit by a bunch of total fukwits and their acolytes on social meedjah that will not give a single thought about what actually happens to what was a football club and is now an impaired asset in a portfolio.

Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:30 - Jan 31 with 1622 viewsHeadmaster

Dan James - Is he off ? (n/t) on 22:31 - Jan 31 with 1604 viewsirishswan546

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 22:31]
Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:32 - Jan 31 with 1573 viewsmagicdaps10

Dan James - Is he off ? on 22:30 - Jan 31 by Headmaster

I bet you this has something to do with Jenkins, bet he is shiitting himself with the fall out on social media.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024