Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA CUP FINAL 13:03 - May 18 with 7182 viewsJAPRANGERS

Anybody care anymore about t’cup?
FA CUP FINAL on 09:46 - May 19 with 1349 viewsSharpediver

FA CUP FINAL on 18:07 - May 18 by stowmarketrange

It isn’t just me then?I can remember all the finalists and the scores from about 1966 to 1990,but I’d struggle to remember any notable ones after then.
Apart from the shite getting walloped 4-0 in 94.

Exactly the same. I can reel all of the winners off from the first post war final in 1946 to 1997 and then my mind is mostly blank. It could be the symptoms of early onset but as I'm only 50 is probably more likely a result of just not being interested anymore after that date. Co-incides with the period that huge sums of money were first coming into football and thus ruining the League and FA Cup as serious competitions and also, was about the time that the FA managed to persuade Man U to pull out of the competition to aid their entirely fruitless bid to hold the 2006 World Cup in England. Give me back football pre 1998 any day over the over inflated, soulless, neo-liberal monster it has become now. I switched over at 2-0 yesterday to Netflix and David Attenborough's 'Our Planet'. At least the wildebeest fleeing the cheetahs on the grassy plains of the Serengeti have a fighting chance. Unlike Watford yesterday.
FA CUP FINAL on 15:34 - May 19 with 1075 viewsdistortR

100% agree with all the sentiments about modern football - it's lost it's soul and alas, in this capitalist, corporate world isn't going to regain it.

But - I have to respect Guardiola and the way city play. No prima donnas in that team, and brilliant work ethic. The first goal came from silva and sterling winning headers against bigger defenders.

In the past, whoever we played, I could see, in my head, a way they could be defeated. With City - we're fecked, mate.

Now feck off the lot of you to your european super league.
FA CUP FINAL on 17:53 - May 19 with 988 viewsPinnerPaul

FA CUP FINAL on 19:24 - May 18 by daveB

no different to Man Utd buying success in the past or Madrid or Barcelona or PSG or Chelsea.

I quite like City they are a brilliant team to watch

With you there Dave.

Can't understand not enjoying great footballers playing great football.

Unless you prefer some of the dross we had to watch at LR this season - players (both sides) continuously playing the ball straight into touch - yeah much more 'exciting'!
FA CUP FINAL on 18:41 - May 19 with 923 viewsdaveB

FA CUP FINAL on 19:35 - May 18 by traininvain

I don’t think anyone’s saying they’re not a brilliant team to watch. They play great football and credit to the players and manager. But the success is tainted by the level of spending.

It’s similar to Chelsea when they first had the oil money buying success and PSG in France. Like I said in my last post, the football authorities need to find a way to stop the game becoming uncompetitive.

I’d wager that Man Utd, Barcelona and Real Madrid have never had a net spend of 3x their nearest rivals over a 5 year period.

Barcelona are about to pay over 100 million for a player for the 3rd time in 3 years, they all spend mental money.

Madrid winning last 3 champions league with almost every player costing more than 50 million, they didn't win it with Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc on a shoestring

As City are a newly rich team they are frowned upon more for some reason
FA CUP FINAL on 18:42 - May 19 with 919 viewsPlanetHonneywood

While I’ve been in the not arsed about football camp for a good few years, I have to say watching City is often joyful.

As QPR fans we know, money guarantees nothing. The fact City are so good is more than just about spending loads of cash, it’s about having a whole lot more. Their movement is mesmerising, but their work rate puts many clubs to shame.

The fact they walked it yesterday was down to two factors: City were outstanding and Watford were just piss-poor on the day. A lot of teams would have walloped Watford, they just didn’t turn up.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

FA CUP FINAL on 21:01 - May 19 with 822 viewsQPR_John

FA CUP FINAL on 18:41 - May 19 by daveB

Barcelona are about to pay over 100 million for a player for the 3rd time in 3 years, they all spend mental money.

Madrid winning last 3 champions league with almost every player costing more than 50 million, they didn't win it with Figo, Ronaldo, Zidane etc on a shoestring

As City are a newly rich team they are frowned upon more for some reason

City are not frowned upon good luck to them. The problem is football authorities be it FIFA, EUFA, the FA or the FL have conspired to ensure very few teams can now reach that level
[Post edited 19 May 2019 21:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024