Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonny Williams - Charlton 08:40 - Jun 2 with 8229 viewsdubaistu

Apparently, we are being linked to him, 25 and a free agent. Thought he was one of the best players on the park in the play-off final
Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:41 - Jun 3 with 2243 viewsPastCaringNW2

If one thing emerged from last year it's that even when all were fully fit it was a pretty shallow pool to handle 46 games plus 3 or 4 cup ties. So I would take Williams in a heartbeat even if he barely starts half the games it takes a load off the regulars.

If Freeman has to be moved on then Barry Bannan would be my top replacement option ahead of Williams.

Looking at Celtic in the second half of the season I wonder whether they have thought about Luke Freeman to play left side of midfield in a more tucked-in version of the Scott Sinclair role. Would be kind of fun to see him in the Champions League.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:42]
Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:41 - Jun 3 with 2241 viewsDejR_vu

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:22 - Jun 3 by VancouverHoop

Honest question. Is QPR an especially tough club to play for, or do we think that because we're its long-suffering supporters? Don't fans of most teams (beyond the top half dozen in the Prem) feel the same?

Finances are tight at the moment but we can pay our players. Loads of ex-Rs speak highly of their time at LR, and are happy to talk about it. We change managers like pairs of socks, but so do the majority of clubs in the FL. We're also situated in one of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world, that attracts almost anyone in their twenties with enough money to enjoy it. What's to dislike?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:24]

I think, on the whole, the atmosphere over the last few years has been pretty muted given what’s been served up. It got unnecessarily nasty towards the end with CR, but since then it’s all been taken with a shrug of the shoulders. The loudest protest last season was everyone leaving before the lap of appreciation. I’d imagine there must be tougher places to play.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 19:00 - Jun 3 with 2181 viewspaulparker

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:41 - Jun 3 by PastCaringNW2

If one thing emerged from last year it's that even when all were fully fit it was a pretty shallow pool to handle 46 games plus 3 or 4 cup ties. So I would take Williams in a heartbeat even if he barely starts half the games it takes a load off the regulars.

If Freeman has to be moved on then Barry Bannan would be my top replacement option ahead of Williams.

Looking at Celtic in the second half of the season I wonder whether they have thought about Luke Freeman to play left side of midfield in a more tucked-in version of the Scott Sinclair role. Would be kind of fun to see him in the Champions League.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:42]

Why do we want a player who’s only going to play 15 games and who’s legs are made of quavers, there’s thousands of players out there if he was that good why aren’t charlton after him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 20:31 - Jun 3 with 2039 viewsCiderwithRsie

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:41 - Jun 3 by DejR_vu

I think, on the whole, the atmosphere over the last few years has been pretty muted given what’s been served up. It got unnecessarily nasty towards the end with CR, but since then it’s all been taken with a shrug of the shoulders. The loudest protest last season was everyone leaving before the lap of appreciation. I’d imagine there must be tougher places to play.

The fact that the poster immediately above yours has the username "PastCaring" tends to support your point.
Jonny Williams - Charlton on 10:31 - Jun 4 with 1699 viewsPastCaringNW2

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 20:31 - Jun 3 by CiderwithRsie

The fact that the poster immediately above yours has the username "PastCaring" tends to support your point.

We need to eke 600 ish appearances out of 20 ish outfield players.

We've got young players who need to play but who (as we have seen) are best not played Saturday Tuesday Saturday through the winter.

Someone like Williams who is going to be able to share a role and also has limitations in terms of workload strikes me as a good acquisition if the wages reflect the number of appearances.
Jonny Williams - Charlton on 12:41 - Jun 4 with 1522 viewsBostonR

Not for me - sign the Doncaster FC midfielder, Ben Whiteman who was fantastic against Charlton.
Jonny Williams - Charlton on 13:08 - Jun 4 with 1446 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 18:22 - Jun 3 by VancouverHoop

Honest question. Is QPR an especially tough club to play for, or do we think that because we're its long-suffering supporters? Don't fans of most teams (beyond the top half dozen in the Prem) feel the same?

Finances are tight at the moment but we can pay our players. Loads of ex-Rs speak highly of their time at LR, and are happy to talk about it. We change managers like pairs of socks, but so do the majority of clubs in the FL. We're also situated in one of the most culturally vibrant cities in the world, that attracts almost anyone in their twenties with enough money to enjoy it. What's to dislike?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:24]

A lot of sense in this.

While it can be amusing, and often is, I sometimes get a small bit weary of our fans "typical QPR" stuff. Is it not often just "typical football"?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 04:37 - Jun 5 with 1254 viewstimcocking

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 19:00 - Jun 3 by paulparker

Why do we want a player who’s only going to play 15 games and who’s legs are made of quavers, there’s thousands of players out there if he was that good why aren’t charlton after him

This would be the crux of it for me. He'd be a Redknapp style signing. No doubt he can open teams up at this level, but to hear all this cost cutting all the time and then pay Williams 10k a week to sit in the physio's room all season would be bloody typical.

I'm worried they're looking at him as a replacement for Luke Freeman, but, of course, Freeman proved extremely durable, plaing every bloody minute and carrying the team. Or perhaps they are thinking he'd produce much more end product over a season than Eze managed? Again, that 'd be a bloody short term plan as well, potentially one which could backfire heavily.

Ultimately, we can't judge any players contract value without knowing exactly what the financial terms are. If the wages are low enough, he'd be a potentially good addition to supplement the squad, whereas if we're paying him a bomb and releasing better, younger players, obviously not so good. At a glance, though, just too old and injured.
Login to get fewer ads

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 05:47 - Jun 5 with 1226 viewshoopdog

Jonny Williams - Charlton on 04:37 - Jun 5 by timcocking

This would be the crux of it for me. He'd be a Redknapp style signing. No doubt he can open teams up at this level, but to hear all this cost cutting all the time and then pay Williams 10k a week to sit in the physio's room all season would be bloody typical.

I'm worried they're looking at him as a replacement for Luke Freeman, but, of course, Freeman proved extremely durable, plaing every bloody minute and carrying the team. Or perhaps they are thinking he'd produce much more end product over a season than Eze managed? Again, that 'd be a bloody short term plan as well, potentially one which could backfire heavily.

Ultimately, we can't judge any players contract value without knowing exactly what the financial terms are. If the wages are low enough, he'd be a potentially good addition to supplement the squad, whereas if we're paying him a bomb and releasing better, younger players, obviously not so good. At a glance, though, just too old and injured.

How many games did he play last season ???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024