Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calamity Lumley 18:47 - Dec 29 with 10686 viewsRalf85

10 outfielders playing their socks off again today. 1-0 up we are in control of the game. Lumley's limited brain function switched off yet again. Catches ball and brain decides to drop it. Second half ball comes across the goal, Lumley could have done something, anything - maybe even move, but no. He went into statue mode again. I keep scratching my head to try and remember a worse goalkeeper than this. Maybe Tony Roberts, but that's it. If we get decent money for Eze in January, we must use it to buy a half decent keeper. Team morale must be under serious pressure knowing that he will let at least two goals in every game. How do you motivate a team that knows that the guy in goal is useless.
Calamity Lumley on 23:37 - Jan 1 with 1476 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It feels rather remiss to mention given an excellent victory but there's no getting away from it, Lumley should have comfortably saved Cardiff's goal. The boy's confidence and concentration is low and yet another clean sheet went begging.
Calamity Lumley on 02:27 - Jan 2 with 1367 viewstimcocking

Damn, Joe...
Calamity Lumley on 11:43 - Jan 2 with 1163 viewsjonno

Lumley is an odd one really. To me , he looks like an outfield player playing in goal. He has much better skills on the ball, passing, etc. than most keepers; witness the great ball he put BOS in with yesterday for the third goal. Yet his actual keeping skills are not great, he rarely dominates the box to clear crosses etc. and his reactions appear somewhat less than "cat like" in that he is often a bit slow in reacting to a shot. Given the way we play, passing the ball about at the back, often involving the keeper, perhaps he is the best option available for us currently.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 11:48]
Calamity Lumley on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 1120 viewsMedwayR

Kelly has to be given a run in the team now, Lumley has proven over the last year that he's not up to the job.

I also don't understand why people are still defending Lumley, Ingram got absolutely slaughtered for far less (bizarrely, Kelly too by some) and if people are still defending him on the basis of him having come through the academy then that's somewhat misplaced as he only joined us at 15 after he'd been released by Spurs.

Poll: Who’s better?

Calamity Lumley on 12:05 - Jan 2 with 1097 viewsNov77

quest showed their goal from behind last night, the shot was from 25 yards and pretty much straight at Lumley, he just spooned it into his own net, and it was pretty much the only shot he had to deal with yesterday.

kudos to the defence in protecting him, and if there's any consolation it's that their keeper was worse, smithies must be better than him Shirley? wonder if any feelers were put out to him yesterday about coming back?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Calamity Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 2 with 1072 viewsslmrstid

Is there anyone else who, like me, just felt really bad for Lumley when that went in?

I mean, we can all be frustrated at his errors, and some of the goals he's gifted away this year, and yesterday he played really well, set up a brilliant goal, and still had just one error to punish him badly, which is annoying, but really I just feel really bad for the guy. I very much see him as "one of ours" and I'd love him to be our number 1 for years (though I suspect he won't be...)

I did notice that when the whistle went he was straight down the tunnel head down rather than enjoying the victory with the crowd, perhaps thats what increases my sympathy for him. It should have been a happy day for all.
Calamity Lumley on 12:32 - Jan 2 with 1022 viewsNov77

Calamity Lumley on 12:13 - Jan 2 by slmrstid

Is there anyone else who, like me, just felt really bad for Lumley when that went in?

I mean, we can all be frustrated at his errors, and some of the goals he's gifted away this year, and yesterday he played really well, set up a brilliant goal, and still had just one error to punish him badly, which is annoying, but really I just feel really bad for the guy. I very much see him as "one of ours" and I'd love him to be our number 1 for years (though I suspect he won't be...)

I did notice that when the whistle went he was straight down the tunnel head down rather than enjoying the victory with the crowd, perhaps thats what increases my sympathy for him. It should have been a happy day for all.

I think the fans have been pretty patient with him given the amount of errors he's made.
when I think back to how Cerny got booed on his home debut by some of our 'fans', now THAT WAS unfair, he turned out to be one of the best keepers we've had in recent years.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Calamity Lumley on 12:40 - Jan 2 with 989 viewsDando

Felt really bad for Lumley yesterday. Setting up that goal, resulted in a lot of pat on the backs from the players and chants from the crowd in support. It felt like it could be the turning point. Couldnt help seeing him miss one cross/punch though plus the saveable effort at the end still going in.

I still think Lumley is probably our best keeper, but I cant remember a keeper making so many mistakes and if we are honest they have cost us a number of points this year. Not sure how long that can be ignored, as much as I would like him to do well.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 12:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Calamity Lumley on 13:48 - Jan 2 with 919 viewsgazza1

Didnt make the match yesterday.....watched the goals and I am delighted for the young boys and for the players and management - and supporters, of course.

Whilst Lumley send a ball to Samuel for a goal it was nothing more than a standard quick clearance.....the brilliance of the goal was Samuel's pace and skill and Cardiff poor defending. I would imagine it was a set play type thing that the Team has spoken about.

The bottom line is Lumley 'dropped another one' for their goal - another error. Didnt matter too much when you are 6-0 up, in terms of points, but it stopped us getting a clean sheet which is important to the defenders in particular but to the Team and Management generally.

Shocked he started again yesterday but only MW and his Team know why. He cant play against the Swans surely not.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 13:49]
Calamity Lumley on 14:40 - Jan 2 with 840 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Calamity Lumley on 13:48 - Jan 2 by gazza1

Didnt make the match yesterday.....watched the goals and I am delighted for the young boys and for the players and management - and supporters, of course.

Whilst Lumley send a ball to Samuel for a goal it was nothing more than a standard quick clearance.....the brilliance of the goal was Samuel's pace and skill and Cardiff poor defending. I would imagine it was a set play type thing that the Team has spoken about.

The bottom line is Lumley 'dropped another one' for their goal - another error. Didnt matter too much when you are 6-0 up, in terms of points, but it stopped us getting a clean sheet which is important to the defenders in particular but to the Team and Management generally.

Shocked he started again yesterday but only MW and his Team know why. He cant play against the Swans surely not.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 13:49]

Having been at the game, it was good play by Lumley to set up BOS for the goal. Nothing standard about it although I agree it does look like something they’ve worked on and was finished off superbly by BOS. However, it was equally poor to let in what should have been a standard save for a goalkeeper at this level.

To be honest I reckon he’d welcome a spell on the sidelines himself and maybe he’s gone as far as he can at this club. We’ll see I guess.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024