Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? 11:28 - Feb 13 with 1410 viewsMrSheen

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11932406/esteban-granero-aiming-to

I'd love to hear what he learned about the application of intelligence from Hughes and Fernandes.
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 23:56 - Feb 13 with 1146 viewsrsonist

Would have thought this amount of snake oil has Hughes written all over it.
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:12 - Feb 14 with 1068 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sounds like just the sort of thing we could utilise at QPR to reduce the margin of error in transfers etc.

The grass is always greener.

Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:22 - Feb 14 with 1063 viewsozranger

Good luck to him, but this is nothing new and I cannot see why his company would have had to start from scratch. Sports analytics has been up and running for close to a decade already, especially in the US and with all sports.
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:51 - Feb 14 with 1036 viewsEsox_Lucius

Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:22 - Feb 14 by ozranger

Good luck to him, but this is nothing new and I cannot see why his company would have had to start from scratch. Sports analytics has been up and running for close to a decade already, especially in the US and with all sports.

Is it not a case of taking the next step in analytical reviewing by adding a forecasting element?

The grass is always greener.

Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 09:53 - Feb 14 with 978 viewsLythamR

Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:51 - Feb 14 by Esox_Lucius

Is it not a case of taking the next step in analytical reviewing by adding a forecasting element?

like Fifa on a playstation?
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 10:14 - Feb 14 with 961 viewsozranger

Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 08:51 - Feb 14 by Esox_Lucius

Not at all. Take baseball for example in the US. The whole idea of analytics is to see how a player will perform in certain situations and how it will work with your club. Similarly now with American Football. Thus, with sports the analytics is primarily used for the future as opposed to the present. I have an academic friend in the US who is heavily into this.

With this, I would assume that each player's information is constantly updated, allowing for alternate solutions from transfer window to another and from month to month. It would be quite a job.
Post career options - beats driving an ice-cream van? on 10:21 - Feb 14 with 957 viewsBoston

There’s good reason to bring artificial intelligence into sport, it doesn’t really abound with most of the natural stuff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024